One of the top tourist destinations in The Netherlands, Amsterdam (Capital of Netherlands) is a city of charming and sometimes quirky variety. The city is easy to navigate both on foot, by public transport, or on the traditionally preferred bicycle and these you can choose by using Amsterdam trip planner. The city has everything that you need to make your trip a shining success from picturesque locations to great ambience the destination never sees a dull day.
Known for its artistic heritage, extravagant canal system and narrow houses the destination sees a lot of tourists all year round. Amsterdam is much more than just magnificent architecture, the destination has the perfect recipe for fun. There are many pubs and discos in the region that you can enjoy with your loved ones and have the time of your life. The music, the ambience and the friendly people is what makes the city of Amsterdam the great tourist destination it is today. The city is famed for its neat, clean and organized cycle paths as it is one of the best ways to travel round the city. The city has about 400km of cycle paths that are a great way to actually explore Amsterdam in depth.
There are many amazing tourist attractions in Amsterdam right from historical building, to famous museums, and from fascinating market places to unique boutiques and department stores. It also offers variety of parks and green space where you can unwind. Amsterdam tourism can provide you with top things to do in Amsterdam city. So visit the destination with your friends and family and make some memories in the charming city. The destination is also known and known well for its savory food and scintillating drinks pallet that is a must try here.
Hotels & Restaurants Amsterdam
PLACES TO STAY IN AMSTERDAM
- Hotels: There are over 350 hotels in the city, so finding a hotel to suit your budget and ideal location is relatively easy; from 1-star basics to 5-star luxury.
- Youth Hostels: Youth hostels are one of the city’s cheapest accommodation options, as you share a dormitory with a number of people.
- Bed & Breakfast: Staying in a bed and breakfast affords you more personal comfort and homely feeling than a large hotel.
- Houseboats: Staying in a houseboat on the water is an original way to explore what Amsterdam has to offer.
- Apartments: Especially if you will be staying for a longer period of time, renting an apartment can be a cost-effective way to save money on eating out as you have access to your own kitchen.
- Campsites: There are plenty of campsites in and around the city for you to enjoy some fresh air after the bustle of the city.
PLACES TO EAT
- Blauw aan de Wal: Situated in the Red Light District, this restaurant offers an exciting and unusual experience due to its colorful location. You enter the restaurant through a tunnel of graffiti, but find yourself at the end of it in a serene courtyard garden.
- Cafe De Prins: This restaurant is close to the Anne Frank House in Jordan. Eating a meal here feels like a step back in time with the old-world atmosphere.
- Restaurant De Kas: Restaurant De Kas is a Chic garden restaurant that is known for its Mediterranean dishes made from organic ingredients grown on-site.
- Hotel De Goudfazant: Hotel De Goudfazant is a great place to eat Dutch-French dishes. The destination offers some of the best food in the area. The place is famous for its efficient and friendly staff.
- Restaurant Blauw: Restaurant Blauw is a great option as it is one of the best family restaurants in the city and comes highly recommend by travellers. The destination serves Indonesian food and has modern architecture.
- Restaurant RED: If you are one that loves steaks then Restaurant RED is the perfect place to be at. The restaurant is famous for its steak, lobster & international wines.
- Envy: Envy is a chic restaurant in the destination that is known for its scintillating and flavorful food that will make you come back for more. The destination serves European sharing plates.
How to reach Amsterdam
There are many ways to get to Amsterdam, by flight, by train, or by road.
- By air: The main airport is Schiphol, but there are also other smaller regional airports that you can take to reach the destination. Other airports include Eindhoven Airport, Groningen Airport Eelde, Maastricht Aachen Airport, Weeze Airport in Germany, Antwerp International Airport in Belgium and Brussels Airport in Belgium
- By train: If arriving by train, you are likely to arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. There are eight other stations in the city.
- By car: If you arrive by car, learn about the city’s motorway, parking options and road structure; and of course, Amsterdam has number of waterways allowing visitors to enter into the city.
- By bus: You can take a bus from Haarlem and Uithoorn.
- By cycle: One of the most fun ways to get around is by cycling like the locals do. There are plenty of cycle rental shops all over the city.
- By tram: The tram (16 lines) is the main form of public transport system in the central area and is a good option.
- Metro: There is a four line metro in the destination.
- By boat: There are many ferry services in the region. Some of the ferries are even free of cost.The best time to visit Amsterdam canals by boat is in the evening.