New York City is very popular city and most stylish tourist destination in the United States. It is the city of many names like “The Big Apple”, “The City That Never Sleeps”, and “Gotham City”. According to the world economy, it is said to be the richest city in America. The existence of the famous Wall Street proves the fact. The city has inspired lots of classic songs e.g. “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra and "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z. Many celebrities live in New York City and lots of TV Shows and movies filmed on location New York City. Also, Broadway theatres in Manhattan attract some of the most high-profile actors from Hollywood. The New York City announced that it has been approved for its own geographic top-level domain (.nyc) which will allow New Yorkers and visitors to easily find traveling information and other information online. Hence, New York has proved itself as a center of fun, entertainment, knowledge and money.
Another important feature that you cannot miss out of this city is it’s culinary. With a large number of restaurants serving cuisines from all corners of the world, New York has once again proved itself as the ‘Culinary capital’ of America. All credit goes to the immigration history of the city which has brought people from different regions across the globe.
Hotels & Restaurants New York City
PLACES TO STAY
- 3-Bedroom Apartment West 25th Street: This is one of the affordable accommodations for travelers who are traveling on a limited budget.
- U.S Pacific Hotel: This hotel feature free Wi-Fi access throughout the property.
- Broome Street Apartment-Lower East Side#19: This budget accommodation has well equipped kitchen with private bathroom and a shower.
- Days Hotel Broadway at 94th Street: This mid-budget hotel is located near the Central Park. It features on-site fitness room and full-equipped rooms.
- Hotel Edison: Located right in the Times Square, this hotel is perfect for enjoying comfortable stay in New York.
- Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden: This hotel features free Wi-Fi access in the rooms and hot complimentary breakfast is served every morning.
- Park Lane Hotel on Central Park: This luxury hotel let you enjoy European ambience within New York.
- Radisson Martinique on Broadway: This is another posh accommodation in New York featuring 2 on-site restaurants, a bar and offer free Wi-Fi access throughout the property.
- New York Marriott Marquis: This 4 star hotel features 3 dining options and a revolving rooftop restaurant.
PLACES TO EAT
In New York, you will find cuisines from almost every corner of the world. Nearly 10,000 restaurants are there where you can taste all these types of restaurants starting from $0.99 for a slice of pizza to $500 for a plate prix fixe sushi.
For street food, New York Hot dogs are quite famous.
- Ayada: If you are fond of Thai cuisines, this is your place.
- Daniel: It is one of the expensive dining space
- Rustic Table: This place let you enjoy delicious breakfast, brunch and lunch at a much affordable price.
- Bouley: It is one of the fine dining space in New York. Remember to take your jacket over here.
How to reach New York City
- By Air: Two major international airports serves flights to/ from New York to almost every corner of the world. They are John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. John F. Kennedy International Airport has connecting railways – JFK AirTrain. MTA NYC buses also serve from the airport. Newark Liberty International Airport is connected with the center of the city via AirTrain Newark rail, New Jersey Transit Bus – 62 and other NJT buses. LaGuardia Airport is the domestic airport of New York. From this airport, local buses are there to reach the city.
- By Bus: Buses to/ from New Jersey, Boston, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania are available to reach New York.
- By Car: If you are coming by car, you can take main routes like: L-76/L-78 from western New Jersey; L-80 from Midwest and Western United States; L-87 from Upstate New York and Montreal, Canada; L-95 from eastern seaboard of the United States.
- By Boat: New York has always been an important passenger sea port in the world.
- By Buses and Subways: Public buses and subways are available to travel around the city.
- By PATH(Port Authority Trans-Hudson): This subway is convenient to travel within the city.
- By Commuter Rail: Commuter rails are used to travel to/ from the city to/from the suburban region.
- By Taxi: Yellow cabs and Green Boro cabs are there to move around the city.
- By Ferry: Staten Island Ferry, New York Waterway and New York Water Taxi serves ferry service to different points of the city.
- By Car: you can move in a car if you know the parking regions quite well.