Astonishing and Intriguing Facts About The Bermuda Triangle
- FEDORA LOBO
- UPDATED Mar 30, 2018
- 32.6K Views
The mysterious Bermuda triangle is most talked about. The curiosity to uncover the logic behind the vague happenings is never-ending. While there were many rumors that the triangle is a haunted spot causing so many unnatural deaths, some argued that there is science behind it. There were also arguments on whether there is a supernatural hand behind the same or are there aliens up to something beyond the understanding of humans? An aquatic graveyard they call it, magnetically drowns ships and planes, but is that really a mystery or simply bad weather? The quest of the triangle is however still where it is. Neither scientists come up with complete evidence nor could the supernatural supporters. Nonetheless, we have some interesting facts about the Bermuda triangle which most may not be aware of.
Discover places, understand transportation, find hotels. All under one roof. Plan DIY trip with TripHobo itinerary planner
1. The Bermuda triangle is also referred to as the Hoodoo Sea or the Dead Sea.
2. The Bermuda triangle covers an area of 440,000 miles of sea. Whoa! Now that is something.
3. Vibrations and effects of the triangle are not limited to the triangle; they can be felt outside the designated area too.
4. The debris of planes and ships that disappeared in the triangle were never found on the ocean bed. They say it isn’t the aliens, the devil or God behind this happening. It is in fact the Gulf Stream that runs near the triangle clearing off the debris in a jiffy.
5. Christopher Columbus, the Italian explorer, navigator, colonizer and citizen of the Republic of Genoa was the first person to understand the anomalous happenings on the triangle. It was he who acknowledged that the compass worked in a funny manner and he saw a ball of fire in the sky while he was at the triangle.
6. The most popular case on the Bermuda triangle was flight 19 that disappeared in 1945 and isn’t found till date.
7. The Bermuda triangle has been a mystery for about 5 centuries now. About 1,000 ships and planes have gone missing in the triangle area in the past 5 centuries.
8. Florida, Puerta Rico and of course Bermuda are said to be the 3 points of the Bermuda triangle. However, this is only an assumption. The exact co-ordinates are still not known.
9. When in the area of the triangle, the compass will towards magnetic north in fact it points towards true north. This is one of the reasons ships tend to get lost while in the triangle area as the directions get confusing.
10. There have been many rumors of the triangle about ships disappearing, which were later found at the ports.
11. When the world’s 10 most dangerous waters for shipping list was made, the Bermuda triangle was not on it.
There are plenty of stories that state the weird happenings on the triangle. Some also say that when the ships pass by the passengers on board vanish. You never know what the truth behind these mysterious occurrences are. While some debate that the Bermuda triangle is nothing but an aquatic spot sometimes faced with bad weather conditions and there are many more places like that, the others still cling on to facts of disappearing people and unnatural incidents that are still short of some scientific evidence, and hence believe that the devil is at play in the aquatic graveyard.