15 Best Romantic Weekend Getaways In Hawaii
- SWATHI RAMASWAMY
- UPDATED Jun 01, 2018
- 1 View
Bring the magic of Aloha to your budding romance and escape to the islands of Hawaii. Like Hawaii’s majestic active volcanoes, enkindle the embers of your burning passion to profess your undying love for your soulmate. Wade into the calm waters of white sand beaches, chasing the sunset. The sights of Hawaii will enrapture your heart and send it into an amorous frenzy. Dancing the hula with your newlywed bride is the perfect way to offset a honeymoon full of romance. The islands of Hawaii offer the most idyllic backdrop to rediscover your rusty relation and repair the kinks.
1. The St. Regis Princeville Resort
Resting atop the northern shores of the Garden Island, Kauai and the St. Regis Princeville Resort offers a blend of tropical delights, local cuisine, and serene luxury. Encompassing an area of 9,000 acres, there is a range of diverse activities available at the resort.
- Amplify your romantic interlude by pampering yourselves with a Couples Hanalei Bay Ritual at the Hanalei Spa.
- Enjoy a dinner for two surrounded by flickering Hawaiin torches and a table adorned with candle lights in the private outdoor setting of the resort.
2. Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort
Recite your wedding vows on the oceanfront lawn, or take your partner on a date at the private lanai of Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort which provides a surreal ambience for budding and aged romance alike.
- Go on a historical journey which discovers the life and culture of Polynesian ancestors at the Feast of Mokapu at the resort.
- Dip your toes into the tranquil waters of the pool complex at Andaz Maui Resort.
3. Travaasa Hana, Maui
Be the first to greet the rising sun along with your significant other as the Travaasa Hana Resort is located at the easternmost tip of Maui. Nestled amidst rolling grass fields and surrounded by palm trees, the Travaasa Hana Resort offers scenic beauty and cultural sophistication in the same place.
- Explore the extensive stretch of slopes, plains and coastline of Maui on horseback while the resort’s trained tour leader regales stories of Maui’s people and their lands.
- Serenade your lady love by learning to play the strings of the ukulele; an experience offered by the resort aimed at enhancing your romance.
4. Fairmont Orchid
Surrounded by evergreen tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls, and balmy white sand beach, the Fairmont Orchid hotel provides luxurious amenities to its patrons. The oceanfront dining at the hotel during sunset offers the perfect escape from worldly woes.
- Snorkel through the depths of Kohala Coastline and discover a whole new marine world with the assistance of the hotel’s HuiHolokai Ambassador.
- View the rising sun while paddling a canoe provided by the hotel’s beach club.
5. Aqua Palms, Waikiki
Inspired by Hawaii’s bright colours and relaxed attitude, Aqua Palms offers the best of Waikiki experience as it is located a walk away from the beach.
- Sun bathe with your better half at the Fort DeRussy Beach Park which is right across the street from Aqua Palms.
- Challenge yourself to a fun hike while taking in the spectacular views of Hawaii at the Diamond Head State Monument.
6. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort
The authentic spirit of Hawaii resides in every nook and corner of the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort. Elegant guestrooms and private lanais offer an obstructed view of the ocean and the resort gardens.
- The Kauai Luau experience at hotel showcases the rich culture of Hawaiin people and their tantalizing feast.
- Soothe your ears at the resort’s Seaview Terrace while listening to the Late Night Musical Entertainment.
7. Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai
Set on the Kona-Kohala Coast, the Four Seasons Resort enriches the experience of its patrons with world-class amenities and a touch of Hawaiin tradition.
After viewing the landscape from the confines of the resort’s secluded Couple’s Nest, dip your toes in the private swimming pool of Palm Grove.
The Dinner Under The Stars service provided by the resort allows you to share love filled words over an expertly crafted cuisine.
8. Waimea Plantation Cottages, Kauai
Get a taste of the best of Hawaiin culture by staying in the vintage cottages of Waimea Plantation in Kauai. Tucked away on the off-beaten path, Waimea Plantation Cottages offer one of the best views of the majestic Pacific.
- The extravagant hotel has a two-mile secluded stretch of beach that is perfect for a romantic sunset stroll.
- Join in the events of Waimea’s local community; ride rodeos with the Hawaiin Cowboys and string Leis with the womenfolk.
9. Ko`a Kea Hotel & Resort
One of the top most romantic hotels in the United States, Ko`a Kea Hotel & Resort adds the element of magic to your romantic getaway. A paradisiacal honeymoon site, the hotel offers oceanfront rooms, private lanais and a seaside spa.
- End your date night snuggling upto your better half beside the sultry flames of Ko`a Kea Fire Pit.
- Pump up your adrenaline and take in the landscapes of Kauai by zip lining across breathtaking valleys.
10. Ho`oilo House Bed & Breakfast
Manicured lawns and an abundance of blooming flora dot the grounds of Ho`oilo House. With a Bali-inspired décor, each room includes a private lanai and a bath to soak in that would melt away your stress.
- Book a Ho`oilo House Signature Treatment massage to prepare your body for a weekend of relaxation under tranquil skies.
- Rent a club to go golfing on oceanfront holes and mountainous courses on the Valley Isle.
11. The Royal Hawaiin, A Luxury Collection Resort
The sole objective of the Royal Hawaiin Resort is to give their guests an experience of regality through their provision of luxurious amenities, and rich Honolulu culture on the well-known beach of Waikiki.
- Let the ocean breeze caress your hair as you and your partner are taught to ride the waves at the Waikiki beach by the resort’s Waikiki Beach Boys.
- Cleanse and heal your soul on a Friday evening by participating in the HuiWai, a traditional Hawaiin sunrise ceremony performed at the resort.
12. Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
A unique blend of Victorian sophistication and Hawaiin charisma, MoanaSurfRider Resort & Spa offers an idyllic retreat for those looking to spend their weekend lazing on the Waikiki Beach.
- Bombard your taste buds with a majestic culinary experience; a Pairings untapped craft dinner features masters of the culinary arts creating five scrumptious cuisines and serving them with five different brews.
- Rest the kinks in your muscles by indulging in the natural healing spring `Apuakehau at the resort’s Moana Lani Spa.
13. Hilton Hawaiin Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Wake up to the sound of waves crashing onto the beach, and step into the balcony to view the sunrise on a Waikiki white sand beach during your stay at the Hilton Hawaiin Village Resort.
- Surprise your spouse by buying her a pair of earrings from the Island Pearls situated on the hotel’s site.
- Fire dancing, local music, hula dancing and fine Hawaiin dining, your night would not get better than spending it at hotel’s Waikiki Starlight Luau.
14. Halekulani Hotel
Oceanfront location and an unparalleled view of the Diamond Head will entice you to choose Halekulani Hotel for your romantic Hawaiin getaway. The hotel features the Waikiki energy and tranquil freshwater springs.
- Wet your feet in the oval heated pool of the resort which overlooks the Waikiki Beach while the hotel staff takes care of your every want.
- Rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit with traditional Polynesian rituals at the Spa Halekulani.
15. Palms Cliff House Inn
Nestled Oceanside of the Plantation Town of Honomu, the services offered at the Palms Cliff House Inn Bed & Breakfast will elevate your romantic experience to newer heights.
- Spend an evening enjoying the European-influenced Hawaiin High Tea on the hotel grounds.
- Savour your taste buds with a wholesome Hawaiin breakfast served in the Inn’s main lanai.
The white sand beaches and the azure blue ocean of Hawaii’s Islands offer a flawless setting for your romantic getaway. Extend your stay and spend more than a weekend lazing under the sun on a sandy beach. Dip your toes into the ocean waters whenever you feel like it and share more than one sunset with your partner. Let the magic of Aloha kindle the passion in your romance.