15 Best Romantic Weekend Getaways in Pennsylvania
- SWATHI RAMASWAMY
- UPDATED Jul 05, 2018
- 22 Views
Located in the north-western and mid-Atlantic region of the United States, Pennsylvania is home to a long coastline, busy cities, mountain ranges and vast farmlands. From the romantic water views of Erie and hiking in the Pocono Mountains to the chocolate heaven of Hershey or the bustling cities of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Gettysburg, and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania offers you a variety of options to escape with your loved one.
Take a look at these 15 options in Pennsylvania to unwind and get drowned in love with your partner into the countryside.
1. The Inn at Leola Village
- Explore Pennsylvania’s Dutch heritage with beautiful gardens, pool, spa and lively accommodations.
- Request a cosy cottage or a romantic suite with fireplace.
- Enjoy couple massages and body treatments.
- Shop at the nearby Amish shops and markets and take a look at the breath-taking view of Amish Farms.
2. The Lodge at Woodloch
- Situated in northwest Pennsylvania the place offers you five-star luxury, spa services and farm-to-table cuisine.
- Indoor and outdoor pools at Aqua Garden and a co-ed soaking pool.
- High-quality massage, body treatment and salon services.
- Activities like kayaking, fly-fishing and other water sports at the 15-acre private lake.
3. Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- A five-star getaway with luxury accommodation and majestic view, situated on Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania.
- Facilities like spa, shooting academy and a multi-million dollar Hardy Filmy Art Collection.
- Elegant dining and on-site shopping.
- Go for sightseeing at the nearby historical landmarks, nature trails and museums.
4. The Rittenhouse
- Experience a royal treatment in the heart of Philadelphia this AAA five-diamond hotel.
- The Rittenhouse Spa and club offers relaxing spa treatments and massage therapies.
- Choose from handcrafted cocktails and a list of wines at Bar 210.
- Don’t miss the gourmet Sunday brunch at Lacroix restaurant during your weekend trip.
5. Cove Heaven
- A perfect couple getaway on Lake Wallenpaupack with a scenic view and heart-pumping activities.
- Luxury suites with round king-sized beds, dry saunas, indoor pools, fireplaces and Bose Entertainment Systems.
- In-house dining at an elegant restaurant along with a bar and a nightclub.
- Full-body massage and spa treatments.
- Enjoy outdoor activities speed boating, water skiing, horseback riding and many more.
6. Renaissance Pittsburgh
- Housed in the iconic Fulton Building, this is a historic hotel with contemporary décor.
- 300 guest rooms, 4 suits and a twenty-four-hour working fitness centre.
- The restaurant of the hotel serves American and European cuisine with a local twist
- Close to local shops, theatres and restaurants.
7. Hotel Hershey
- Built by Milton Hershey in 1930’s to overlook Hershey’s Factory the hotel offers elegant guest rooms, suites and cottages.
- Several dining options including American and Italian cuisine.
- Try “Everything Chocolate Spa” to drown in the desert which the place is famous for.
- Relax in the cocoa massage and dip into the cocoa bath with your sweetheart.
8. Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Fasten your seat belts for a ride through the snow heaven. Enjoy the view of snow-covered mountains with your partner.
- The resort offers different types of accommodations like suites, cottages, condos, townhouses and pet-friendly rooms.
- Work up your heart rate at the fitness centre or relax at the Trillium Spa.
- Enjoy skiing, snowballing and other outdoor activities around the resort and relax by the fireplace of your rooms, sipping hot chocolate.
9. Annville Inn Bread and Breakfast
- A peaceful getaway in Pennsylvania’s Lebanon Valley, the B&B offers you the beautiful view of the Blue Mountains and lush green grasslands.
- The B&B offers different romantic packages for the couples like “The Ultimate Romance” package.
- Elegant rooms with a beautiful view and personal Jacuzzi.
- Enjoy spa at the inn and splendid meals at the restaurant.
10. Ledges Hotel
- Overlooking the Paupack High Falls, this beautiful place, away from the concrete jungles is sure to provide you and your beloved a great atmosphere to relax and unwind.
- Luxury rooms with fireplaces and beautiful décor.
- Enjoy the spa packages offered by the hotel.
- Engage in fun water activities like fishing, boating and water skiing.
11. Omni Bedford Springs
- In the middle of Cumberland Valley, Omni Bedford Springs is an epitome of rejuvenation in luxury.
- Spacious suites with historic décor, private patio and gorgeous views.
- Enjoy at the hotel's various bars and restaurants.
- Go shopping and sightseeing in Downtown Bedford and make some memories.
12. Paradise Stream Resort
- An only-couples retreat, Paradise Stream Resort is surrounded by a breath-taking view of Pocono Mountains and Lake Eden.
- Luxury suits with romantic décor, fireplace, private indoor heated pools and kitchen amenities.
- In-house nightclub and spa offered by the resort.
- Enjoy activities like arcade games, skiing, skating or riding hot air balloon.
13. Buhl Mansion Guesthouse and Spa
- Feel like royalty at the Buhl Mansion’s castle-like building. The place is a perfect escape for the couples in search of romance.
- Rooms with lavish furniture and private Jacuzzi.
- Relax your body and soul with the spa and massage package.
- Go for a walk and witness the diverse variety of the local flora and fauna.
14. The Inn at Westwynd Farm
- Located away from the hustle and bustle the inn is sure to rejuvenate you with its tranquil environment.
- Make your sweetheart feel loved by a bouquet of flowers, a custom gift basket or a box of chocolate covered with strawberries delivered at your doorstep by the Inn.
- Take a tour at the local Civil War Sites and wineries.
- Relax in the luxurious rooms and have mouth-watering meals.
15. Bridgetown House
- The inn radiates sophistication in rustic country charm by the Delaware River. The place makes you relax and rejuvenate away from the city.
- Rest at the cosy and elegant rooms of the inn.
- Taste 12 different types of wine under the “Wine and Roses” package.
- Go for “Filet Mignon Picnic Basket” package if you want to go on sightseeing by the river with homemade food in a picnic basket.
After reading about all the above places anyone would like to visit them. The beauty and charm of all these places is irresistible. Plan a surprise romantic weekend getaway for your special one from any of the above options and rekindle your love-life away from the concrete jungles.