An Easy-To-Understand Guide About Visa Policy of Haiti
Haiti is a Caribbean paradise that lures tourists from around the world with its pristine beaches and natural beauty. It has transformed into a perfect leisurely vacation spot and tourism has become one of the major revenue-generating industries. Sounds exciting, right? So, if you are interested in visiting this beach-y destination and want to know about visa policy of Haiti, then read on. With easy-to-understand Haiti visa requirements, you can start planning your trip right away!
1. Which countries do not require a visa to enter Haiti?
Haiti visa policy is one with all the hassle-free regulations. Haiti allows almost all countries to enter without a visa. The permitted time duration is 3 months for most of the nationals, but it may vary depending upon your country.
2. Who else can enter Haiti without a visa?
National of Dominican Republic, Panama, and Columbia can enter Haiti without a visa only if they have a passport with at least 6-month validity and the valid Schengen, U.S., or Canadian visa or a resident permit.
People of Haiti origin who stay in any of these countries can also enter Haiti without a visa.
3. Which countries require a visa to enter Haiti?
Nationals of only a handful of countries need to apply for a visa prior to entering Haiti. These countries are -
Syria, Libya, Iran, Vietnam, Yemen, and Chechnya.
The visa granted to these nationals is usually a single-entry visa valid for 3 months. As it may change according to your home country, it is recommended to check with the nearest Embassy before applying for a Haiti visa for tourists.
4. How to apply for a Haiti tourist visa?
Those who need a visa for Haiti need to apply at the nearest consulate/Haiti embassy.
5. What are the requirements for a Haiti visa?
When you are applying for a Haiti tourist visa, you need to submit the following documents -
- A visa application form duly completed and signed.
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity after the date of your departure from Haiti.
- 2 passport-sized color photographs.
- A letter where the reason for visiting Haiti is mentioned along with your intended duration of stay, along with references who stay in Haiti.
- Detailed information including the name, address, and contact numbers of your accommodation.
- Photocopy of a confirmed onward or return ticket booked in advance.
- A letter from your current employer.
It is recommended to apply for a tourist visa for Haiti at least a month before your intended date of arrival in Haiti.
If you are one of the nationals who does not need a visa to enter Haiti, then you only need a passport that is valid for 6 months.
6. How much is the Haiti visa Fee?
A tourist visa fee for Haiti is USD 25. This is a single-entry visa valid for 3 months only. You can pay the fee via money order or with a certified check/cashier’s check that is made out to the Embassy of Haiti. This visa cannot be extended and if you are planning to stay for more than 90 days in Haiti, you will have to apply for the residence permit.
If you do not need a tourist visa to enter Haiti, you will have to pay USD 10 as a tourist fee at the airport.
When the procedure to visit Haiti is so much easier, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, get your passport, and head off to catch some tan!