A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
That's what marriage is, a journey. And the one step that will rev you up for this beautiful journey is a fabulous honeymoon worth a lifetime. Take your pick from our list of 80 best honeymoon destinations. Find out why they make the perfect destination for your dream honeymoon, what all you and your mate can do to feel the romance of those places and when is the perfect time to decide on the spot you've zeroed on.
Best Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
1. Paris - Top Honeymoon Place in the World
Reasons to Visit Paris: The City of Lights has attracted every romantic in this world like a moth to a flame. So much, that even Woody Allen couldn't help romanticise this city in 'Midnight in Paris'. Romance is in the very air you breathe when you're in Paris, and that is the reason why the French capital is one of the best romantic honeymoon destinations, all across the globe
Romantic things to do in Paris:
- Go love-locking on Pont des Arts.
- Take a stroll along the banks of River Seine.
- Enjoy the view from the Eiffel Tower.
- Have a candle-lit dinner at a top-class French restaurant.
- Enjoy a quite evening at one of the many bistros.
- Snuggle up with your sweetheart on a horse carriage ride.
Highlight of your Trip:Get your portrait painted by artists in Place du Tertre
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to August, is the best time for Paris.
Type of destination: luxury
Read More On: Things to do in Paris
2. Switzerland - Honeymoon Location Everyone Wants to Visit
Reasons to Visit Switzerland: The lush green valleys surrounded by snow-capped mountains will melt yout heart completely. While Jason Bourne and James Bond did not get the time to enjoy the scenic beauty of this European honeymoon destination, couples all over will definitely fall more in love with the picturesque beauty of the country.
Romantic things to do in Switzerland:
- Stroll through the Old Town in Zurich.
- Share a bowl of cheese fondue along with some local wine.
- Sample delicious chocolates together.
- Take a hike through the Lavaux Vineyard Terraces in Montreux.
- Enjoy real Swiss beauty in the Golden Pass Line train ride.
- Play in the Alpine snow at Jungfraujoch.
Highlight of your Trip: Buy a cuckoo clock to take back home
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to September, is the best time for Switzerland.
Type of destination: luxury, adventurous, exotic
Read more onPlaces to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon
3. Venice - Most Romantic Honeymoon Destionation in World
Reasons to Visit Venice: This captivating City of Water is indeed the most romantic city in Italy. Even one of the most famous lover in history, Casanova hailed from Venice. Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful city made by man and thus making it a perfect honeymoon destination in the world for newlyweds. And just so you know, even George Clooney got hitched in this very city.
Romantic things to do in Venice:
- Taking a romantic Gondola ride into the sunset at Grand Canal.
- Have a late night walk with your beloved at St. Mark's Square.
- Be blown away by a performance at the Phoenix Theatre or the Interpreti Veneziani.
- Get playful with masks and costumes from Ca' Macana.
- Sip a glass of prosecco, an Italian white wine, at a traditional bacaro.
Highlight of your Trip: Steal a kiss under the Bridge of Sighs at sunset.
Best time to visit: Fall, from September to November, is the best time for Venice.
Type of destination: affordable, exotic, unique
Plan an itinerary to venice now using our itinerary planner
4. Milan - Fashion Capital of the World
Reasons to visit Milan: Considered as a fashion capital, Milan is much more than that. While the wives will be very happy to have their husbands lighten their wallets, Milan is like a hidden gem of a honeymoon spot in the world. With quiet little gardens and alleys and cafes that are perfect romantic setups, this city will definitely amaze you.
Romantic things to do in Milan:
- Have a romantic picnic at Parco Sempione.
- Try out some local delicacies together at Via Dante.
- Get inspired by Hayez's 'The Kiss' at the Brera Picture Gallery.
- Have an intimate evening stroll with your spouse along the canals of Navigli.
Highlight of your Trip: Shop till you drop at some of the top fashion stores in the world
Best time to visit: Spring, from April to May, and Fall, from late September to November, are the best times for Milan.
Type of destination: luxury, exotic
5. Florence - Honeymoon Destination to Make You fall in Love again
Source: gentleman'style/4 seasons
Reasons to visit Florence: The birthplace of Renaissance and Opera, Florence is definitely one honeymoon destination in world that will invoke passion in any heart. Fall in love once again in the place that inspired Michelangelo and Botticelli and make your honeymoon an experience for a lifetime.
Romantic things to do in Florence:
- Have a sweet picnic at Boboli Garden.
- Lose yourself with your love among Renaissance masterpieces at Uffizi Gallery.
- Indulge your taste buds with delicious gelato.
- Buy tokens of love from jewellery stores in Ponte Vecchio.
- Enjoy a candle-lit dinner on the banks of River Arno.
- Go old school and explore the city on bicycles.
- Sample some fabulous wines.
- Enjoy the Florentine skyline from the gorgeous Giardino Bardini.
- Spoil yourself at the Gucci Museo.
Highlight of your Trip: Try out some world-class coffee
Best time to visit: Summer, from May to October, is the best time for Florence.
Type of destination: luxury, urban, historical
Start planning for honeymoon in Italy
6. Athens - The City of Violet Crown
Reasons to Visit Athens: For all those couples who would like to experience some Greek charm on their honeymoon, Athens is a must visit. One of the world's oldest city, the Greek capital is indeed quite a surprise treat. With Greek mythology full of love stories of gods and godesses and mortal men and women, this city will give you a glimpse of an ancient-world love.
Romantic things to do in Athens:
- Watch a sunset over the Acropolis.
- Explore the rustic beauty of Anafiotika.
- Stroll hand-in-hand at the National Gardens.
- Soak in the view from Lycabettus Hill.
- Experience authentic Greek food at a tavern in Kolonaki.
- Bring out the detective in you at the Adventure Rooms.
- Rejuvenate your senses at the award winning G. B. Spa.
Highlight of your Trip: Don't forget to try out the Baklava.
Best time to visit: Spring and summer, from May to September, is the best time for Athens.
Type of destination: luxury, beach
7. Santorini - Top Honeymoon Destination in Greece
Reasons to visit Santorini: The white-washed houses of Santorini against the backdrop of the blue Aegean Sea, is indeed a sight to behold! No wonder this serene volcanic island is one of the top honeymoon spots for couples all over the world. Quite a favourite among celebrity couples, like John Legend and Chrissy Teigan, this place is definitely one to keep falling in love over and over again.
Romantic things to do in Santorini:
- Sail into one of the best sunsets in world at Fira.
- Explore the charming village of Oia.
- Relax at the Red Beach.
- Taste some delicious Greek wine at the Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum.
- Indulge is some fresh seafood at the village of Kamari.
- Take a trek to the hot springs.
- Experience the famous cave hotels.
Highlight of your Trip: Have fun riding a donkey.
Best time to visit: Summer, from April to October, is the best time for Santorini.
Type of destination: luxury, beach, island
Check the guide for planning honeymoon in Greece
8. London - The Old Smoke
Reasons to visit London: London, the city of Keats and Browning, of Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes, of 'Love Actually' and 'Shakespeare in Love', of Charlie Chaplin and Keira Knightly, of Elton John and Adele! With romance found at every nook and corner, it is impossible not to feel the love in this city, thus making it a one of the top honeymoon spots.
Romantic things to do in London:
- Horse riding in Hyde Park.
- Enjoy the night view, privately, from the London Eye.
- Spoil your sweetheart with some retail therapy at Harrods.
- Sip on some bubbly at The Shard.
- Take a walk through Green Park.
- Catch a performance at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Whisper your love at the St. Paul's Cathedral.
- Indulge your taste buds with some fish and chips and cold beer at Old Bell Tavern.
Highlight of your Trip: Have a full English breakfast
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to August, is the best time for London.
Type of destination: luxury
Read on: Things to do in London
9. Brussels - Capital of Europe
Reasons to visit Brussels: Don't be fooled by the size of the picturesque Belgian capital! With the Gothic architecture blending with the Art Nouveau in the city, providing the perfect modern fairy-tale like set-up, this European honeymoon location is definitely one of the best in the world.
Romantic things to do in Brussels:
- Fall in love by the bed of begonias at Grand Place.
- Chug down a variety of beers at the record-holding Delirium Cafe.
- Hop on a tram for the best gourmet food with the Tram Experience.
- Indulge in the decadence of Belgian chocolates at Galeries Royales St. Hubert.
- Take a stroll in the cosy little Jardin Du Petit Sablon.
- Arouse your senses at the Museum of Erotics and Mythology.
Highlight of your Trip: Get your hands dirty by learning how to make Chocolate Truffles.
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to August, is the best time for Brussels.
Type of destination: luxury
10. Amsterdam - Venice of the North
Reasons to visit Amsterdam: When Gus and Hazel declared their love for each other in Amsterdam, in the tear-jerker book 'The Fault In Our Stars', the romantic in us heaved a happy sigh. That is exactly what this Dutch city does to you. With the gardens and canals that seem right out of a story book, this place is hottest honeymoon places for newlyweds all around.
Romantic things to do in Amsterdam:
- A cruise down the Amsterdam canals.
- A walk around the city under the moonlight.
- Gift your sweetheart a bouquet of flowers at the floating Bloemenmarkt.
- A romantic kiss to stay together forever at the Magere Brug.
- Explore the city on a horse carriage.
- Stroll in the Vondelpark.
- Sip in some wine and savor some world-class food.
Highlight of your Trip: Visit a "brown cafe".
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to August, is the best time for Amsterdam.
Type of destination: affordable, urban
Read on: Things to do in Amsterdam
11. Rome - The Eternal City
Reasons to visit Rome: It is no surprise that Robert Browning said, "Every one soon or late comes round by Rome." The Italian capital is a marvel that every romantic must visit once. One of the top honeymoon destinations, Athens has the glorious remains of the ancient world, frozen in time, yet so perfectly at place with the modern world. Just hop on a scooter like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, and have your own version of a Roman Holiday!
Romantic things to do in Rome:
- Make promises for each other and throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain
- Go for a boat ride on the lake of Villa Borghese
- Climb up the Spanish steps to Pincio Gardens, and have an intimate evening
- Watch the sunset at Isola Tiberina
- Stroll along the secluded Via Margutta
- Steal a kiss at the Ponte Sisto
- Get lovey-dovey with your spouse at the Roseto Di Roma Capitale
- A night-time stroll on the Ponte Sant’Angelo
Highlight of your Trip: Don't forget to binge on some Gelato.
Best time to visit: Spring-Summer, from April to June, and early Autumn, from September to October, are the best times for Rome.
Type of destination: luxury, unique
Read on: Things to do in Rome
12. Capri - Wonderful Honeymoon Place to Be at
Source: moyan brenn
Reasons to visit Capri: The charming Isle of Capri was the backdrop to Clark Gable and Sophia Loren's romance in 'It Started In Naples', and there is no doubt that it will have the same effect for all those couples celebrating their nuptials here. This European honeymoon destination has a classic Italian feel to it. The island is lavish with the decadence all around, so come here with your spouse and lose yourself to the romance of this beautiful city.
Romantic things to do in Capri:
- Check out the stunning view from Anacapri.
- Hire a yacht to see the iconi I Faraglioni.
- Get enchanted at the sight of Blue Grotta for romantic boat ride at sea.
- Take a dip together in the waters of Marina Piccola.
- Take in the view of the picturesque city from Monte solaro
Highlight of your Trip: Try out the limocello liquer.
Best time to visit: Mid-late Spring, from April to May, and Early-mid Autumn, From September to October, are the best times for Capri.
Type of destination: luxury, island, exotic
13. Mykonos - Island of the Winds
Reasons to visit Mykonos: The azure blue Aegean Sea and the pristine white houses of Mykonos forms a postcard worthy picture. This Greek party destination makes perfect honeymoon spot for all the fun loving couples.
Romantic things to do in Mykonos:
- Sip on some cocktails with your beloved by the sea at Little Venice.
- Have some beach-hopping fun.
- Get clicked in front of the iconic windmills.
- Spend afternoons exploring the gorgeous island on foot.
- Binge on some excellent Greek food.
- Groove together at a beach party.
Highlight of your Trip: Hop on a scooter and explore the town.
Best time to visit: Summer, from June to August, is the best time for Mykonos
Type of destination: luxury, island, beach, exotic
14. Tuscany - Must Visit Honeymoon Destination
Reasons to visit Tuscany: The birthplace of Italian Renaissance has a unique charm of its own. Romance is in the very air you breathe when you visit this town which seems right out of a fairytale. It is no wonder that Frances Mayes fell in love with Tuscany and published her memoirs of her stay. For all those couples who love their wines, this is definitely some kind oh heaven for them.
Romantic things to do in Tuscany:
- Feel like royalty by staying in a castle.
- Take a dip with your partner at a natural hot spring.
- Sip on some A-grade wine at Chianti.
- Take a romantic walk on the streets of Tuscany.
Highlight of your Trip: Kiss at sunset on a beach along the Tuscan Coast.
Best time to visit: Spring, from April to May, and Fall, from September to October, is the best time for Tuscany.
Type of destination: beach, exotic, luxury
15. Madrid - Dream Honeymoon Spot in Spain
Reasons to visit Madrid: The Spanish capital is indeed a perfect honeymoon place. The liveliness of the city blended with the tranquility of the lush parks and gardens, makes it just right as one of the best honeymoon spot.
Romantic things to do in Madrid:
- A romantic boat ride in the lake at Parque Del Retiro.
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset with your partner at the Templo De Debod.
- Have a relaxing day at the magical Parque El Capricho.
- Walk in hand-in-hand in the tranquil Royal Botanic Garden.
- Savor some delicious Spanish food at one of the cafes in Plaza Mayor, accompanied by some wonderful street performance.
- Get inspired for your future home at the Sorolla Museum.
- Watch a show at the Royal Theatre.
- Have a wonderful evening cycling around the Madrid Rio.
Highlight of your Trip: Check out a show at Essential flamenco, just the way it was done in the olden days.
Best time to visit: Spring, from April to May, and Autumn, from September to November, are the best times for Madrid.
Type of destination: luxury, urban
16. Malta - Land of Honey
Reasons to visit Malta: Escape into this Mediterranean paradise with your partner and have an unforgettable honeymoon experience. The clear blue Maltese waters are so inviting that this honeymoon destination will definitely be one you don't want to miss.
Romantic things to do in Malta:
- Enjoy the view from the top at Upper Barrakka Gardens.
- Stroll around in the picturesque Lower Barrakka Gardens.
- Have fun snorkeling.
- Spend an evening at the stunning Spinola Bay.
- Enjoy some drinks with your partner at the Valletta waterfront.
- Take a tour of the aristrocratic Casa Rocco Piccola.
- Charter a yacht and enjoy some private time in a secluded cove.
- Watch a show at the Manoel Theatre.
Highlight of your Trip: Hire a Maltese chef and enjoy a personalised goumet spread for two.
Best time to visit: Summer, from April to October, is the best time for Malta.
Type of destination: beach, island, luxury
17. Lisbon - A Perfect Romantic Break
Reasons to Visit Lisbon: What sets apart Lisbon from the other honeymoon places is the mix-trix of the activities it offers for a romantic break. The cobblestone alleys, the Art Nouveau Cafes and the impressive skyline adorned with castles is a plateful of the rich ethnicity of Portugal. Add to that dazzling nightlife and lively atmosphere and you’ve got a winner!
Romantic things to do in Lisbon:
- Chill in the elegant cafes
- Stroll the squares of Alfama
- Take a tour of its countless museums and shop for beautiful ceramics and tiles
- Soaps, sardines in vintage cans in Chiando and Baixa and taste the delectable steak sandwich and custard tarts.
Highlight of your Trip: Spend a romantic night at the Casa Amora guesthouse
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Portugal is between the months of June, July and August.
Type of destination: History, shopping
18. Dublin - The Fair City
Reasons to visit Dublin: The Town of the Hurdled Ford, Dublin is the capital city of Ireland. This is the place that breathes culture and drinks joy, the spirit of the city in itself makes it a great place to have a vacation to relish. Known as a city of thousand pubs, Dublin is a great place for honeymooners who want a zesty, pumped-up honeymoon with a pinch of culture, arts and literature.
Romantic things to do in Dublin:
- Take a leisurely walk on the St. Stephen’s Green and explore this heritage city square
- The beautiful gardens and the Victorian bandstand.
- Hike in the ticknock or follow the mountain biking trail.
Highlight of your Trip: Treat yourself with a retail therapy at Dublin’s Grafton Street.
Best time to visit: The summer season, which is between the months of May to September, is the best time to visit Dublin. June, July and August are the best months to plan a honeymoon vacation to Dublin.
Type of destination: luxury, history
19. Budapest - Pearl of the Danube
Source: edgar barany
Reasons to visit Budapest: This Hungarian capital is perfect for couples who want an elegant honeymoon spot. Known for its youthful aura and internationally acclaimed music scene, this is the right place for couple who want to experience Paris on a budget. The architecture of the city is mesmerizing and the city is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Romantic things to do in Budapest:
- Explore the city on foot.
- Click pictures on the beautiful bridges of the city.
- Go museum-hopping together.
- Go dancing in a Hungarian dance club and attend any of the concerts or plays.
Highlight of your Trip: Take a dip in its thermal baths.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Budapest is from March to May and September to November.
Type of destination: historic, cultural
20. Munich - World City with Heart
Reasons to visit Munich: The city of Oktoberfest; Munich is where you can drink up and wash down litres of beer and not be guilty about it! The German city is a perfect romantic getaway for couples who love frothy beer, rich castles, picturesque parks and great museums.
Romantic things to do in Munich:
- Catch an Opera together
- Try the lip-smacking Bavarian cuisine with the local speciality of Leberkässemmeln
- Go club hopping
Highlight of your Trip: Take a tour of the city’s Beer gardens and Beer halls.
Best time to visit: The spring season which is between the months of March to May is the best time to visit Munich.
Type of destination: historic, urban
21. Monaco - Richman's Paradise City
Reasons to visit Monaco: A vintage holiday destination that also happens to be the second smallest country in the world after Vatican City, Monaco has a charm you can’t just get enough of. Its petite cities, the local Monegasque dialect, the Mediterranean climate make Monaco a blend of France and Italy! Its great climate and sea resorts make it a top honeymoon destination!
Romantic things to do in Monaco:
- Take a walk around Monte Carlo harbour
- Enjoy the great views from Tte de Chien or Mont Agel
- Catch a show at the Centre De Congres Auditorium
- Take a dip at the Larvotto Beach or go for a spa!
- Gambling is also a populatr activity in Monaco.
Highlight of your trip: Try your lady luck at the Monte Carlo casino!
Best time to visit: The seasons of spring and fall, that is March to May and September to November is the awesome time to visit Monaco.
Type of destination: beach, historic, luxury
Check out the best All inclusive honeymoon resorts
22. Barcelona - The City of Counts
Reasons to visit Barcelona: The city loaded with UNESCO World Heritage site and set on a sea-side offers a mind-blowing laid-back attitude that is perfect for a honeymoon. Famous for its artistic and flamboyant air, Barcelona is one of the romantic places for honeymoon in the vibrant country of Spain. A perfect amalgamation of the old and the new, the calm and the fast; head here if you like partying for 24 hours!
Romantic things to do in Barcelona:
- Explore the historic Barri Gotic area dotted with palaces
- Squares and fountains
- Spend minutes of tranquillity at the Sagarada Familia
Highlight of your trip: Relish the traditional Catalan cooking or take a cooking class together!
Best time to visit: The perfect time to visit Barcelona is from May to June.
Type of destination: historic, art
Read on: Things to do in Barcelona
23. Vienna - The Imperial City
Reasons to visit Vienna: The best of three C’s- culture, coffee and classical Music, Vienna is a dreamy honeymoon location in Austria that is known for its classic architecture, undying music scene and streets dotted with petite cafes serving fresh brewed coffee that will just enchant your senses.
Romantic things to do in Vienna:
- Watch the colourful butterflies at the Schmetterlinghaus
- Catch an opera at the Staatsoper
- Spend an evening gazing the beautiful River Danube
- Take a horse-carriage ride that will take you back into the old time!
Highlight of your trip: Admire ‘The Kiss’ in the Upper Belvedere Gallery - the world famous painting by Gustav Klimt in the Prince Eugene of Savoy's 18th-century summer palace.
Best time to visit: The perfect time to visit Vienna is April to May and September to November.
Type of destination: historic, cultural
24. Prague - Romantic Honeymoon Spot in Europe
Reasons to visit Prague: Famed as one of the most romantic cities of Europe, Prague breathes love on its legendary May day when it is believed that kissing your love in front of the statue of the romantic poet Karel Macha will seal you love for eternity; now that’s like perfect for honeymoons right!
Romantic things to do in Prague:
- Take a cruise ride over Vltava River
- Kiss on the backdrop of Karel Macha’s statue
- Catch the splendid view from the Petrin hill
- Shop for Garnets at Ceský Granát Turnov.
Highlight of your trip: Prague has a beautiful collection of vintage cars. Opt for a chauffeur-driven vintage car tour with your beloved.
Best time to visit: The summer time, June, July and August is the most suitable time to visit Prague.
Type of destination: historic, elegant
25. Naples - Great Honeymoon Spot in Italy
Reasons to visit Naples: The city is famous for its panorama that squeezes the beauty of the sea, the grandeur of the Mount Vesuvius and the striking multi-hued architecture in one frame.
Romantic things to do in Naples:
- Explore the city’s array of art galleries and museums
- Taste the delectable pizza since Naples is the birthplace of pizza
- Take a cruise ride to Capri islands
- Visit the astounding Amalfi Coast!
Highlight of your trip: Plan a day excursion to the sleeping city of Pompeii.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Naples is between the months of July to October.
Type of destination: historic, classic, nature
26. Ibiza - White Island
Reasons to visit Ibiza: The biggest party destination in the world, is also one romantic honeymoon destination. The white sand beaches provide with the dreamy backdrop perfect for couples.
Romantic things to do in Ibiza:
- Sunbathe by the turquoise waters at Cala Tarida.
- Take a boat ride to Es Vedra and explore the spooky island.
- Spend some moolah over trinkets at the lively Punta Arabi and Las Dalias Hippy Markets.
- Have a night out in the town at the unending parties and dance the night away with each other.
Highlight of your trip: Attend the 'First Sunday in May' fiesta in the city of Santa Eulria des Riu.
Best time to visit: Spring, from March to May, is the best time for Ibiza.
Type of destination: beach, luxury, tropical, exotic
Best Honeymoon Attractions in Americas
27. Vermont - The Green Mountain State
Reasons to visit Vermont: The classic B&B’s offering a cosy stay in the backdrop of the beautiful mountains makes Vermont a favoured honeymoon destination in New England. Known for its absolutely immaculate beauty, Vermont is gorgeous both in summers and winters. A Vermont Honeymoon in summer will treat your eyes with multi-hues foliage whereas in winters, the destination is a snow white beauty!
Romantic things to do in Vermont:
- Take the super-fun lift ride to the mountains or go on a hike
- Go on a shopping spree in Manchester
- Take a romantic kayak ride on any of its serene lake.
Highlight of your trip: You can also opt for fly fishing, and skiing with your loved one.
Best time to visit: All round the year, although the fall season-mid-September and lasts thru mid-October is the best time to visit Vermont if you want to enjoy the colours! For winter sport enthusiasts, November to February is the ideal time.
Type of destination: Nature, adventure, outdoors
28. Hawaii - Aloha State
Reasons to visit Hawaii: A fascinating geological hot spot in the Pacific, Hawaii is one of the best picks for a tropical honeymoon. Verdant coffee and macadamia nut plantations, beach activities and water sports. The place also offers exciting hiking and trekking opportunities for couples who want to challenge their inner adrenaline!
Romantic things to do in Hawaii:
- Chill on the leisurely beaches of Honolulu
- Go hiking, horseback riding and ATV tours
- Go for shark snorkelling and diving in Oahu
- Spend a serene time in the unblemished Kauai.
Highlight of your trip: Catch the fantastic humpback whale watching in Maui
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Hawaii is summer, from May to August.
Type of destination: beach, luxury, adventure
Must Check: All inclusive honeymoon resorts in Hawaii
29. Rio de Janeiro - Marvelous City For Honeymoon
Reasons to visit Rio De Janeiro: The vibrant air that environs the city is the first thing that appeals to anyone who wants to plan a honeymoon to Rio. The happening beaches, glittering nightlife and the blend of new and old make it a desirable attraction. The samba, the food and the carnival, Rio is a place to be!
Romantic things to do Rio De Janeiro:
- Take a trip to the Peak of Corcovado Mountain and enjoy the stunning views of the city
- Admire the gigantic Christ the redeemer
- Splash in the waters
- Get a tan on the beach.
- Slurp on the local speciality of caipirinha- a cocktail made with cachaa, sugar and lime.
Highlight of your trip: Take a romantic walk along the Copacabana Beach.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Rio is the winter season, between December and March.
Type of destination: Beach, affordable
30. Napa Valley - Wine Country
Reasons to visit Napa Valley: The wine! For couples who love wine and cheese, there is no better place to honeymoon than the Napa Valley. Popular as the main wine growing region of USA, this is a perfect place for an exotic countryside honeymoon. The gourmet chefs in the variety of restaurants in the valley offer fantastic culinary delights that go perfectly well with the local wine making it a great place for foodie couples!
Romantic things to do in Napa Valley:
- Go on a wine-cation!
- Crush the grapes
- Go on a wine-tasting tour
- Treat yourself with fantastic gourmet dishes.
- To add more adventure to the trip
- Go horseback riding, boating, fishing, gliding, golfing and bicycling.
Highlight of your trip: Take a hot-air balloon ride over the vineyards.
Best time to visit: Anytime of the year is great to visit Napa Valley. For the wine-making experience, Late August October is the ideal time.
Type of destination: Nature, exotic, adventure, luxury
31. New York - The Big Apple
Reasons to visit New York City: It’s the place where Ross met Rachel, Ted met Robin and this is the city where the love story of Annie Hall unfolded! New York is the city of dreams, the city of possibilities and the city where Harry met Sally. If you want your honeymoon to be like a romantic Hollywood flick, New York is the best pick as dreamy honeymoon destination in the world.
Romantic things to do in New York City:
- Plan a picnic in the Central Park
- Go on the top of the Empire State Building
- Go on a classic Harbour Tours on a private yacht
- Enjoy mesmerising views of Manhattan.
Highlight of your trip: Have a romantic dinner at Barbetta Restaurant- the oldest Italian restaurant in NYC
Best time to visit: The best time to visit New York is the summer season, from June to August.
Type of destination: urban, luxury
Read More on: Things to do in New York City
32. San Francisco - City by the Bay
Reasons to visit San Francisco: Luring thousands of tourists every year, this city is more than what you can imagine! The city of Golden Gate, San Francisco is where you can explore the amalgamation of the sandy beaches and the chic urban city life. Plan a honeymoon to San Francisco and you’ll have a memory to preserve for the rest of your life!
Romantic things to do in San Francisco:
- Go on a hike to the Muir woods
- Click pictures and lock your love at the Golden Gate Bridge
- Binge on the Ghriradelli chocolates
- Take a drive on the winding Lombard street!
Highlight of your trip: Have a private dinner date at Baker’s Beach!
Best time to visit: The best time to visit San Francisco is September to November.
Type of destination: urban, beach, luxury
Must Read: Best honeymoon destinations in US
33. Martinique - Island of Flowers
Reasons to visit Martinique: It’s in the Caribbean! This destination is dotted with mountains, black sand beaches and verdant rain forests that offer an exotic experience in the lap of the nature. Martinique presents an amalgamation of French and Caribbean culture making it a great place for an out-of-the-way romantic honeymoon!
Romantic things to do in Martinique:
- The best thing to do here is to sit back and relax on the peaceful beaches of Martinique.
- You can admire the ‘Isle of flowers’ at the Balata Gardens
- Visit the Ilet Loup-garou, which is a striking turtle reserve with pink sand.
Highlight of your trip: Hike the Volcanic Mont Pelee!
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Martinique is the months of May and June.
Type of destination: nature, exotic
Check out other Caribbean honeymoon destinations
34. Peru - Land of the Incas
Reasons to visit Peru: The mind-boggling Andes range, the striking diversity, the exotic nature and the past of the Inca Empire, Peru is a perfect honeymoon place in South America for couples who want to explore something new on their romantic getaway. Known for its ecological tourism, the biggest highlight of a Peru trip is the visit to the Machu-Picchu.
Romantic things to do in Peru:
- Plan a romantic getaway in any of the quaint bungalows at Laguna Azul in Highland Jungle
- Splash in the beaches like Máncora, Vichayito, Zorritos
- Go on a historic Inca Empire themed tour to Machu- Picchu and Cusco and have a flower bath at the Amazonian region!
Highlight of your trip: Surf or kite-surf on the beaches on Northern Peru!
Best time to visit: The dry season, between June to September is the best time to visit Peru.
Type of destination: nature, exotic, historic
35. Belize - Perfect Honeymoon Destination from Central America
Reasons to visit Belize: This little island country is a hidden jewel in Central America. The sandy beaches, the lush jungles, the pristine waterfalls all add up to the perfect honeymoon spot.
Romantic things to do in Belize:
- Take a helicopter ride over the whole island.
- Go for a romantic sunset cruise.
- Rent out private waterfalls for a day and have a private rendezvous with your spouse.
- Revel in the tranquility of a long walk at the beach.
- Dance to the Belizian tunes with the locals.
Highlight of your trip: Get blessed by a Mayan Shaman at the ancient Mayan ruins.
Best time to visit: The dry season, from November to May, is the best time for Belize.
Type of destination: island, beach, exotic
36. The Bahamas - The Islands of Song
Reasons to visit Bahamas: The Bahamas are nothing less than a paradise with the pristine white sand beach and clear blue Caribbean waters. A cluster of around seven hundred islands, couples are never out of choices when it comes to untouched shores in this exotic honeymoon destination. This nation is so stunning that Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem decided to make this their honeymoon spot too.
Romantic things to do in Bahamas:
- Sip on some delicious cocktails under the sun on the beach.
- Go for strolls on one of the secluded beaches.
- Enjoy snorkeling and scuba diving together.
- Go for a sunset dinner cruise.
- Gorge on some delicious fresh seafood.
- Snuggle into each other by a bonfire under the starlit sky.
Highlight of your trip: Go for the Tru Bahamian Food Tour.
Best time to visit: Winter, from December to April, is the best time for the Bahamas.
Type of destination: tropical, island, beach, exotic, luxury
Must Check: All inclusive honeymoon resorts in Bahamas
37. St. Lucia - Helen of the West Indies
Reasons to visit St. Lucia: This honeymoon attraction screams romance! This Caribbean island has bevy of pristine waterfalls along with stunning beaches. It is no less than a tropical paradise calling out to lovers all over.
Romantic things to do in St. Lucia:
- Enjoy some quiet beach-time with your sweetheart.
- Sail into the sunset.
- Have some intimate moments by the waterfalls.
- Stroll hand-in-hand on the beach, under the moonlit sky.
- Go scuba diving and explore the wonders under water.
Highlight of your trip: Charter a yacht and enjoy the serene waters all by yourselves.
Best time to visit: Winter, from December to April, is the perfect time St. Lucia.
Type of destination: island, tropical, luxury, beach
38. St. Barths - The Carribean's Pearl
Reasons to visit St. Barths: This small tropical island is so stunning that celebrity couple-spotting is a very common thing here. The Caribbean land is perfect for a cosy honeymoon destination, amidst luxury.
Romantic things to do in St. Barths:
- Enjoy some tropical drinks at Shell Beach.
- Spread out a romantic picnic at Colombier.
- Dine in style at one of the best restaurants in town.
- Go snorkeling with your spouse.
- Charter a private boat and enjoy some alone time with each other.
Highlight of your trip:Highlight of your trip: You could buy some gorgeous resort wear from the local stores.
Best time to visit: May to June, is the appropriate time for St. Barths
Type of destination: island, tropical, luxury, beach
39. Cancun - Romantic Gateway to the Mayan World
Reasons to visit Cancun: This Mexican haven is not only a popular honeymoon destination, but a favourite with celebrities like Jessica Alba and Orlando Bloom. The pristine beaches are perfect to spend the days, sipping on some cocktails. The barrier reef and marine life will keep you in awe and the food will keep you wanting for more, at this stunning beach loacation.
Romantic things to do in Cancun:
- Sip on some Margaritas by the beach.
- Go snorkeling and scuba diving at Isla Mujeres Catamaran.
- Have fun with turtles at the the Xcaret Eco-Park.
- Check out the underwater caves at Sistema Dos Ojos.
- Get indulgent with a Lobster Dinner Cruise at the Nichupte Lagoon.
- Get adventurous at the Xel Ha Park.
- Enjoy an intimate candle-lit dinner on the beach of Playa Delfines.
- Explore the untouched beauty of nature at Isla Contoy.
Highlight of your trip: Gulp down some Tequila at The Tequila Herradura Sensory Museum.
Best time to visit: Winter, from June to September, is the preferred time for Cancun.
Type of destination: tropical, exotic, island
40. Jamaica - Land of Wood and Water
Reasons to visit Jamaica: Who can forget the iconic scene from 'Dr. No' when the sultry Ursula Andress emerges from the water in her white bikini. That's Jamaica for you! The gorgeous birthplace of reggae king Bob Marley, is an absolutely perfect honeymoon destination for couples who want to have some fun by the beach.
Romantic things to do in Jamaica:
- Work on a tan at the Seven Mile Beach.
- Kiss dolphins at the Dolphin Cove.
- Go snorkelling at the Montego Bay Marine Park.
- Spend some peaceful time river rafting on the Martha Brae River.
- Get a unique culinary treat at the Houseboat Grill.
- Pay homage to the music legend at the Bob Marley Museum.
- Explore the spectacular Blue Mountains.
- Enjoy some delicious seafood by the cliff at the famous Rick's Cafe.
- Beat the heat with some exotic ice-cream flavours at Devon House I-Scream.
Highlight of your trip: Try out the Bob Marley Shot along with some Jerk.
Best time to visit: Winter, from December to April, is the best time for Jamaica.
Type of destination: tropical, affordable, island, adventurous
Get good deals with TripHobo Hotels. Book Now, Pay Later!
41. Las Vegas - Sin City
Reasons to visit Las Vegas: Who says that honeymoon locations can't be fun? Las Vegas is the perfect spot for those couples who wish to add in some sense of adventure into their celebration of love. Sin City is absolutely the place for flocking for those lovebirds who prefer a risqué experience over traditional, because "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
Romantic things to do in Las Vegas:
- Gamble the night away at the very many casinos.
- Get the famous Fremont Street Experience.
- Watch the Fountains of Bellagio sway to popular tunes.
- Get your adrenaline rushing at Adventuredome and Stratosphere Tower.
- Be blown away by a performance by Cirque Du Soleil.
- Bring out your naughty side at a Burlesque show.
- Feast at a gourmet buffet.
Highlight of your trip: Re-experience your nuptials with a fake Vegas wedding.
Best time to visit: Spring, from March to May, and Fall, from September to November, are the best times for Las Vegas.
Type of destination: luxury, adventurous
Read More on: Things to do in Las Vegas
42. Miami - The Magic City
Reasons to visit Miami: If lazy lounging under the sun in the day and crazy parties to dance at in the night, with your beloved, is what you wish for, Miami is the place for you. This beach honeymoon place is just apt for laidback couples who wish to experience some relaxing love.
Romantic things to do in Miami:
- Build a tan at Miami Beach.
- A romantic candle-lit dinner on South Beach.
- A picnic in the exotic Jungle Island.
- Go scuba diving and explore coral reef at Biscayne National Park.
- Lose yoursleves in the romance of the lush Vizcaya Gardens.
- Gorge down some fresh seafood.
- Go for an unforgettable sunset cruise at Biscayne Bay.
Highlight of your trip: Have fun trying out paddleboarding.
Best time to visit: Winter, from December to February, and Spring, from March to May, are the correct times for Miami.
Type of destination: luxury, beach, tropical
Best Honeymoon Destinations in Asia
43. Istanbul - The Second Rome
Reasons to visit Istanbul: So what, if James Bond did not get to spend Christmas in Turkey, couples surely can spend their honeymoon there. With the magical city of Istanbul still holding stories of lovers, spread throughout history, it is impossible to get lost in the romance this city has to offer.
Romantic things to do in Istanbul:
- Go for a romantic dinner cruise in the Bosphorus.
- Get a soothing Turkish Bath at Suleymaniye Hamami.
- Dine atop the lovers Galata Tower and Maiden's Tower.
- Soak in some sun on the Solar Beach.
- Gorge on some kebabs at Ortokay.
- Take a walk among the tulips in Emirgan Park.
- Watch a beautiful sunset over the two continents.
Highlight of your trip: Try out some delectable street food
Best time to visit: Spring, in April, is the excellent time for Istanbul.
Type of destination: luxury, exotic
Check out: Honeymoon destinations on a budget
44. Bangkok - Exotic Honeymoon Destination in Asia
Reasons to visit Bangkok: For all those beach-bums out there looking for an affordable yet exotic honeymoon destination, Bangkok is the place for you. From the gorgeous beaches to the delicious food and mind-blowing local shopping experience, this is the ultimate place for an indulgent honeymoon.
Romantic things to do in Bangkok:
- A sunset cruise on the river Chao Phraya.
- Get pampered with a relaxing spa at the Bangkok Float Center.
- Explore the city on a Tuk Tuk.
- Enjoy a traditional Thai cultural show at the beautiful Rose Garden.
- Watch the sun set over the splendid Wat Arun.
- Experience fine-dining a top the world's highest Sky Bar.
- Enjoy a quiet and intimate moment with your partner at the Lumphini Park.
- Fill up your stomach with some local street food at Chintown.
Highlight of your trip: Indulge in some excellent retail therapy
Best time to visit: Winter, from November to February, is the excellent time for Bngkok.
Type of destination: affordable, tropical, exotic
Must Explore: Bangkok Itinerary 4 Days
Read More on: Things to do in Bangkok
45. Bali - Island of Gods
Reasons to visit Bali: When thinking of an exotic tropical paradise for spending your honeymoon, Bali is definitely one of the top names that comes to any mind. The stunning white-sand beaches, the lush green villages and tranquil temples, are the perfect honeymoon spot to spend a romantic and peaceful honeymoon for all lovers.
Romantic things to do in Bali:
- Learn to surf at the Seminyak Beach.
- Trek across the rice fields at the Campuhan Ridge Walk.
- Have fun soaking under the Gitgit Waterfall.
- Enjoy watching dolphins playing around at Lovina Beach.
- Take a helicopter ride over the scenic Tanah Lot.
- Go on a peaceful boat ride on the Batur Lake.
- Gorge on some local food while admiring the sunset over Jimbaran Bay.
- Feed some exotic birds at the Bali Bird Park.
- Watch the authentic Devdan show.
Highlight of your trip: Go for a sunrise trek to Mount Batur and cook eggs on the volcano's top.
Best time to visit: The dry season, from May to July, is the perfect time for Bali.
Type of destination: exotic, tropical, affordable, island
Before going check out: What to do in Bali honeymoon
46. Nepal - Roof of the World
Reasons to visit Nepal: For all those couples looking for nirvana amidst the majestic Himalayas, Nepal is a must visit for your honeymoon. The picturesque places and serenity will engulf you and bring you in touch with your spiritual self. No way can you not fall in love surrounded by such beauty of nature.
Romantic things to do in Nepal:
- Stroll hand-in-hand around the lakes in Pokhara.
- Spend a romantic evening in the lush Garden of Dreams.
- Experience beautiful sunrises at Sarangkot.
- Lose your heart to the panaromic view of the Himalayan range at Nagarkot.
- Get your adrenaline rushing by going river rafting at Trishuli river.
- Ride an elephant at the Chitwan National Park.
Highlight of your trip: Try out Sel Roti and yak-meat filled Momos.
Best time to visit: Spring-Summer, from March to May, and Autumn, from September to November, is the preferred time for Nepal.
Type of destination: exotic, affordable, secluded, adventurous
47. Manali - Popular Honeymoon Destination in India
Reasons to visit Manali: This picture perfect hill-station in the Himalayas is a great honeymoon location meant for couples to completely fall in love. The crystal Beas river flowing from the mountains through the valley is indeed a heavenly sight.
Romantic things to do in Manali:
- Walk through the pine trees to Hadimba Temple.
- Set up camp at Kothi.
- Take a dip at the healing hot springs of Vashisht.
- Hike to the stunning Jogini Waterfalls.
- Go the distance and try out adventure sports at Solang Valley.
- Roll around in the snow at Rohtang Pass.
- Explore the picture perfect town on your own.
- Shop for local goodies at Mall Road.
- Enjoy some sumptuous local trout delicacies.
- Cuddle beside a warm fire.
Highlight of your trip: Ride a yak.
Best time to visit: Summer, from April-June, and Autumn, September-October, are the perfect times for Manali.
Type of destination: affordable, secluded, adventurous
48. Goa - Beach Honeymoon Destination
Reasons to visit Goa: For all those couples who would like to have fun on their honeymoon on a budget, Goa is the perfect place for you. With the Portugese influence in this lazy beach state, it is indeed a beautiful haven for lovers who love to explore new things together.
Romantic things to do in Goa:
- Moonlit walks on the beach.
- Shop at the beautiful flee markets.
- Savor some delicious local cuisine together.
- Gamble the night away on floating casinos on River Mandovi.
- Proclaim your eternal love for each other at Dona Paula.
- Enjoy some fresh seafood.
- Devour some mouth-watering Spanish delicacies with a sunset view.
Highlight of your trip: Have a shot of Feni.
Best time to visit: Winter, from December to February, is the awesome time for Goa.
Type of destination: affordable honeymoon destination, beach
Check out: Things to do in Goa
49. Kerala - God's Own Country
Reasons to visit Kerala: Known as 'God's Own Country', this lush honeymoon spot is a paradise for those who visit. Be it the serene backwaters or the cool hills, a couple will never be out of choices to have the perfect time together.
Romantic things to do in Kerala:
- Lose yourselves in the serenity of the backwater lake in Ashtamudi.
- Arrange a picnic for your spouse on Munroe Island.
- Trek through the plantations around Spice Walk.
- Have fun kayaking at Allepey.
- Shack up in a traditional Kerala Cottage at Marari Beach.
- Walk through the scenic Tea Gardens in Munnar.
- Explore the picturesque Mayyanad village on bicycles.
- Get an Ayurvedic Hot Oil Massage.
Highlight of your trip: A house boat ride in the backwaters.
Best time to visit: Dry Season, from September to March, is the exact time for Kerala.
Type of destination: tropical, affordable, exotic
Read More on: Secluded beaches in Kerala
50. Udaipur - City of Lakes
Reasons to choose: This City of Lakes, with it's royal architecture everywhere, is indeed a site to behold! So much that even Octopussy decided to make her den in this city. There is nothing about Udaipur that is not fairy-tale romantic, making it one of the perfect honeymoon places in India. The bright and colourful city will leave completely mesmerised.
Romantic things to do: A romantic boat ride on Lake Pichola. Dine at a rooftop cafe looking over the lake. Lose yourself in the opulence of the City Palace. An evening stroll along the Fateh Sagar Lake. Spend a quite evening by the Ambrai Ghat. Enjoy a camel ride. Watch the beautiful light and sound show at the City Palace. Watch a stunning sunset over the Lake Palace Hotel. Shop for pretty trinkets at the quaint shops in the old city.
Highlight of your trip: Try out the local delicacy Dal Baati Choorma.
Best time to visit: Late Monsoon and Winter, from September to March, are the awesome times for Udaipur.
Type of destination: exotic, luxury
51. Gangtok - Land of Monasteries
Reasons to choose: This little city in the state of Sikkim of the North-Eastern part of India is a honeymoon destination for all those couples who wish for a peaceful and romantic time. With the beauty of little lakes and the majestic Himalayas, the landscape of Gangtok will leave you in complete awe. This mystical land is just the place for you to spiritually bond with your loved one.
Romantic things to do: Visit the picturesque Tsongmo Lake. Enjoy the panaromic view of Gangtok at Tashi Viewpoint. Get your wishes granted at Khecheolpari Lake. Spend a quiet evening at the Ridge Park. For the adventurous couples, the scenic trek to Goecha La Pass is perfect. Shop for some beautiful local handicrafts. Get in touch with your spiritual side at the Enchey Monastery.
Highlight of your trip: Have fun dressing up in the traditional attire and getting clicked.
Best time to visit: Spring-summer, from March to May, and Autumn, from October to November, are the best time for Gangtok.
Type of destination: affordable, secluded, adventurous, exotic
52. Sri Lanka - India’s Teardrop
Reasons to choose: The gorgeous land of Sri Lanka offers you with gorgeous beaches and mountains and forests in between that will make you absolutely dazzled with this country's beauty. There is something for every kind of couple, and that makes this island country a spot-on honeymoon destination.
Romantic things to do: Relax on one of the scintillating beaches. Enjoy a jet ski ride together. Break a sweat with a trek to the beautiful Bambarakanda waterfall. Walk through the scenic tea gardens.
Highlight of your trip: Get an ayurvedic couple's spa treatment.
Best time to visit: For west and south coasts, from December to March, and for east coast, from May to September, are the best times for Sri Lanka.
Type of destination: tropical, affordable, island, exotic
Check out: Best honeymoon destinations in Sri Lanka
53. Leh - Little Tibet
Source: Praveen Kumar
Reasons to choose: This stunning little place surrounded by snow capped mountains is absolutely heavenly. For all couples who wish for some seclusion post nuptials, Leh is the perfect honeymoon spot for them.
Romantic things to do: Spend a day by the crystal clear waters of Pangong Lake. Find your inner peace post all the wedding madness at the Thiksey Monastery. Add in a streak of excitement by going mountain biking. Cycle together on the scenic roads of Leh.
Highlight of your trip: Try out some delicious Tibetan delicacies.
Best time to visit: Summer, between June to August, is the best time for Leh
Type of destination: affordable, secluded, unique, adventurous
54. Srinagar - Heaven on Earth
Reasons to choose: "If there is ever a heaven on earth, it's here, it's here, its here." The saying is indeed true for this visual treat of a city. Visit Srinagar and give yourself up to the sublime beauty this honeymoon destination has to offer.
Romantic things to do: Have a romantic stay in a house boat on Dal Lake. Enjoy an intimate picnic amidst the beautiful tulips at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden. Go for a private Shikara boat ride under the starlit sky. Take an evening stroll on Boulevard Road. Feel like royalty in the lush green shalimar Bagh. Enjoy some snow on a day-trip to Gulmarg. Roll around in the sun-kissed meadows of Sonmarg.
Highlight of your trip: Dress up in traditional attires and pose on a Shikara.
Best time to visit: Summer, from March to July, is the perfect time for Srinagar.
Type of destination: affordable, unique
55. Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Reasons to choose: This group of islands is a perfect getaway for beach-loving honeymoon couples. With beaches and hills and everything in between, Andaman & Nicobar Islands is one honeymoon places you must definitely not give a miss.
Romantic things to do: Enjoy some sun with elephants at Elephant Beach. Watch a beautiful setting sunset at Corbyn's Cove. Go for scintillating glass bottom boat rides at Jolly Buoy Island. Go for a trek to the exotic Madhuban. Have fun snorkeling at North Bay Island. Enjoy a jungle safari at Japanese Hill.
Highlight of your trip: check out the coral gardens at Cinque Island.
Best time to visit: Winter, from October to February, and Summer, from March to May, are the best times for Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Type of destination: affordable, exotic, adventurous
56. Singapore - The Lion City
Reasons to choose: Singapore is the ultimate honeymoon location for those couples who wish to indulge in some decadency. The sights, the sounds, the smells and the tastes of this multi-cultural country will get your heart beating fast. This Garden City is multicultural and couples will get something new to see at every nook and corner.
Romantic things to do: Treat yourselves with a fine dine experience on the Singapore flyer. Stroll hand-in-hand on the sky bridge at Gardens by the Bay. Watch a show at Esplanade Theatres On The Bay. A leaisurely evening walk on the Waterfront Promenade. Take hike up Mount Faber. A romantic picnic at Hortpark. Get adventurous by trying out the G-max Reverse Bungy. Go club hopping at Clarke Quay. Enjoy the view from Marina Bay Sands Skypark. Take a dip at Siloso Beach in Sentosa. Take a trishaw ride in Chinatown. Enjoy a sumptuous meal in a cable car. Visit The Love Temple for a succesful relationship.
Highlight of your trip: Check out the Marina Bay by night
Best time to visit: Late summer, from June to July, and winter, from November to December, are the suitable times for Singapore.
Type of destination: luxury, island, beach
Read More on: Things to do in Singapore
57. Langkawi Island - Ultimate Honeymoon Destination
Reasons to choose: This gorgeous island in Malaysia is a perfect spot for honeymooners as it provides peace and tranquility amidst nature. This exotic honeymoon destination will amaze you with its beauty at every turn. Rightly called the Jewel of Kedah, this island is indeed priceless with all the flora and fauna to revel at.
Romantic things to do: Go for a romantic sunset dinner cruise. Take hike to the stunning Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls. Go snorkeling at the Pulau Payar Marine Park. Walk through the mangrove swamp at Kilim Karst Geoforest Park. Watch a beautiful sunset at Datarang Lang. Go for a scenic cable car ride.
Highlight of your trip: Experience some delicious Malaysian street food at the Langkawi night market.
Best time to visit: The dry season, from January to March, is the perfect time for Langkawi
Type of destination: beach, affordable, island, exotic
58. Dubai - City of Gold
Reasons to choose: For all those couples who wish to spoil themselves by splurging on opulence, Dubai is the apt honeymoon place for you. The modern side of the Middle East amalgamated with the old-school values, Dubai surely will give you a taste of both the worlds. While the man-made structures will keep you in awe, the souks will take you to an entirely different world that has been there over the ages, that only the romantics at heart will connect to.
Romantic things to do: Enjoy a Night Safari in the desert. Pend some romantic time on the Dhow Cruise. Sip on some world class champagne at the top of Burj Khalifa. Take a helicopter ride over the World Islands. Have some fun going dune bashing at the Big Red. Pose under the heart-shaped flowerbeds at the Dubai Miracle Garden. Enjoy interacting with cute dolphins at Dolpin Bay. Get mesmerized by the dancing Dubai Fountain. Splash around in some water at the Wild Wadi Water Park. Go crazy skiing at Ski Dubai.
Highlight of your trip: Visit the famous Gold Souk.
Best time to visit: Winter, from October to April, is the awesome time for Dubai.
Type of destination: luxury, beach
Read More on: Things to do in Dubai
59. Phuket - The Pearl of the Andamans
Reasons to choose: Thailand's largest island is definitely one of the most popular honeymoon spots. Easy on the wallet, this place is perfect for those couples who wish to have a relaxing honeymoon on a budget. And who knows, you might even run into a Kardashian while you're there.
Romantic things to do: Trek up to the Laem Phrompthep Viewpoint to enjoy the sunset. Kayak in James Bond's favourite Khao Phing Kan Island. Watch the spectacular show at Phuket Fantasea. Explore Old Phuket Town. Enjoy a canoe ride to the beautiful Phang Nga Bay. Binge on some fresh seafood at Koh Panyee. Explore marine life together. Release a wish lantern on the beach at night.
Highlight of your trip: Get the special Thai Massage at a couple's spa.
Best time to visit: The dry season, from November to April, is the prettiest time for Phuket.
Type of destination: tropical, beach, affordable, exotic, island
Check out: Best islands in Thailand for honeymoon
60. Gokarna - The Cow's Ear
Reasons to choose: This stunning beach attraction in the Indian state of Karnataka on the shores of the Arabian Sea makes a perfect spot for honeymooners. With some secluded beaches all there to make your honeymoon a perfect one
Romantic things to do: Drink up with your sweetheart at a shack on Om Beach. Walk hand-in-hand and watch a beautiful sunset at Kudle Beach. Enjoy some lip-smacking fresh seafood at Namaste Cafe.
Highlight of your trip: Get a little adventurous and learn surfing
Best time to visit: Winter, from September to February, is the prettiest time for Gokarna.
Type of destination: beach, affordable
61. Shimla - Most visited Honeymoon Place in North India
Reasons to choose: This stunning hill station is one of India's best there is. With a liveliness of people that compliments the lushness of nature, this honeymoon location is a treat for the mind, body and soul.
Romantic things to do: Romantic walks along the scenic roads. An evening in the traffic free hustle bustle of Mall Road. A sweet and intimate picnic at Summer Hill. Lose yourselves amidst the beauty of Prospect Hill. Go ziplining at Kufri. Enjoy the view of the majestic Himalayas from Jakhu Hill.
Highlight of your trip: Shop for authentic woollen wear.
Best time to visit: Summer, from April to June, is the perfect time for Shimla.
Type of destination: affordable, secluded
62. Kyoto - City of Ten Thousand Shrines
Reasons to choose: A city that boasts more than 17 UNESCO World Heritage sites, Kyoto is the Rome of the east. Add to this historic zest a pinch of Japanese architectural beauty, and you’ve got a recipe to cherish! Known as the ‘city of ten thousand shrines’ Kyoto is for couples who would want to spend their honeymoon at a non-cliché location.
Romantic things to do: Take a tour of its marvellous temples, click stunning couple photos with its beautiful cherry blossoms, explore the near-by places like Osaka, Nara, and Kobe, and walk around its imperial villas with traditional gardens and teahouses.
Highlight of your trip: Relish the lip-smacking Japanese food, yes, there’s more than Sushi!
Best time to visit: The good time to visit Kyoto is between the months of March to May and September to November
Type of destination: historic, exotic, unusual
63. Coorg - Scotland of India
Reasons to choose: This untouched loveliness of Southern India is one of the best honeymoon places if you are on a budget. The place is known for its UNESCO World Heritage mountains of the Western Ghats and the surreal rustic beauty it offers. The wooded slopes of its sleepy villages, the host of waterfalls and the enchanting feel of rural India make it a great place to honeymoon away from the urban chaos.
Romantic things to do: Go white water rafting on Barapole River and trek in the wilderness of the Western Ghats. Pamper your mind and body at the Ayurvedic therapy centres.
Highlight of your trip: Binge on the warm delicious stews cooked in traditional style!
Best time to visit: The winter season from November to February is the ultimate time to visit Coorg. For exploring the monsoon of India, July and August is the ideal time!
Type of destination: exotic, nature, affordable, adventure
64. Maldives - Jewel of the Indian Ocean
Reasons to choose: Sugary white beaches, exotic fauna, ample privacy and the beautiful views of the Indian Ocean, Maldives is one of the hottest pick for a beach honeymoon destination. The islands possess a threat of being washed away due to global warming, so be there till it’s there!
Romantic things to do: Challenge your adrenaline by diving and snorkelling in the crystal clear waters, go surfing together, enjoy the sunset from the deck of a romantic resort and walk on its white beaches.
Highlight of your trip: Take a walk and talk about life on its pristine white sandy beaches.
Best time to visit: The dry season, December to April is the prettiest time to visit Maldives.
Type of destination: beach, luxury, adventure
65. St. Petersburg - The Palmyra of the North
Reasons to choose: The cultural capital of Russia, St. Petersburg is also considered to be one of the most breath-taking places on the earth. A UNESCO World Heritage beauty, the city has a diverse array of activities, right from its roof top city tours to drinking gallons of vodka!
Romantic things to do: Visit the Open Air Museum of the Kizhi Island, admire the architecture of Catherine Palace, plan a picnic at the pleasant parks, take a tour of its stunning palaces and catch a panoramic view of the city form the terrace of St Isaac's cathedral.
Highlight of your Trip: Go on a romantic cruise ride in the Neva River Delta and have a romantic dinner!
Best time to visit:The prettiest time to visit St. Petersburg is from May to September.
Type of destination: history, urban
66. Macau - Las Vegas of Asia
Reasons to choose: Known as the Monte Carlo of the Orient and the Vegas of the East, Macau is a place for couple who love gambling! After 400 years of colonial rule, this destination has transformed beyond imagination and has gained a reputation of being the gambling capital of the world.
Romantic things to do: Go on a walking tour of the city’s UNESCO World Heritage sites, plan a getaway to near-by fishing villages of Taipa Village and Coloane Village, shop in the Rua da Tercena flea market and gamble at the casinos!
Highlight of your Trip: Bungy Jumpingfrom Macau tower!
Best time to visit: The ultimate time to visit Macau is October to December.
Type of destination:urban, historic
67. Phnom Penh - Pearl of Asia
Source: phnom penh net
Reasons to choose:Termed as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, this is the largest city of Cambodia and is emerging from an unpleasant past to become a popular tourist destination. Phnon Penh is ideal honeymoon spot for couples who want to have an off-the-beaten path vacation, secluded and rustic! The charming temples, the speciality museums and the various memorials paint a picture of the history of the city and present an unusual experience.
Romantic things to do: Feel like a royal at the Royal Palace where you can admire the Silver Pagoda and the temple of Emerald Buddha, take a tour of the Wat Phnom, go for scuba diving and catch a show at the Sovanna Phum Art Association.
Highlight of your Trip: Opt for a relaxing Sakura Japanese Massage together!
Best time to visit: The perfect time to visit Phnom Penh is the dry season, from the months of November to January.
Type of destination:exotic, affordable, history, adventure
68. Hong Kong - Famous Honeymoon Destination in Asia
Reasons to choose: The impressive skyline layered with towering structures and the deep natural harbour make Hong Kong the New York of the east. The city offers a plethora of activities on a honeymoon and is all set to surprise you with its diversity.
Romantic things to do: Spend an evening at the Victoria peak and enjoy the 360 degree view of the city, pump up the night at the Lan Kwai Fong which is dotted with hip clubs and pubs, binge on the spicy chilly garlic noodles as you enjoy the tranquillity of the repulse bay and take a cable car ride to the Big Buddha!
Highlight of your Trip: Relive your childhood together at the Disneyland and the Ocean Park!
Best time to visit: The prettiest time to visit Hong Kong is between the months of September to February.
Type of destination: Urban, luxury
Read on: Must see places in Hong Kong
69. Darjeeling - Queen of Hill Stations
Reasons to choose:Snow capped mountains, great view of Himalayas, cold weather and warm people; Darjeeling makes sure you don’t miss home on your honeymoon. The toy train ride to the highest railway station in India itself marks the beginning of a great honeymoon holiday; the nature takes care of the rest!
Romantic things to do: Go street-shopping at the Mall road, watch the sunrise from the Tiger Hill point, Pump up your adrenaline at the Himalayan Mountaineering institute, visit the picturesque tea gardens and share spicy hot plateful of Momos on a cold evening!
Highlight of your Trip: Plan a picnic in the Nightingale (shrubbery) park.
Best time to visit:The prettiest time to visit Darjeeling is during summer, from April to June. Alternatively, winter months of November to February can be a great experience!
Type of destination: nature, exotic, adventure, affordable
70. Ooty - Queen of the Nilgiris
Reasons to choose:Apart from being a popular hill resort of southern India, the best reason to choose Ooty for your Honeymoon is its affordability! The nature, the gardens, the tea plantations all welcome you with a warm heart and are light on your pocket! The Nilgiri range adds to the allure of this beauty!
Romantic things to do: Take a tour of the tea gardens of near-by Coonnoor, spend a rejuvenating time at the Botanical garden, go on a safari in the Madhumalai forests and slurp hot flavoured tea!
Highlight of your Trip: Shop for and binge on yummy home-made chocolates!
Best time to visit:The perfect time to visit Ooty is from April to June and September to November.
Type of destination: nature, exotic, affordable
71. Nainital - Must Visit Honeymoon Destination
Reasons to choose: A stunning hill town nestling in the Kumaon hills, Nainital has the old world charm and the unscathed surreal beauty that makes an ideal package for a romantic getaway. This is one of the most popular honeymoon places in India known for the Naini lake around which the town sits in immaculately.
Romantic things to do: Go on a romantic drive up to the Sherwood College and then stroll to the scenic Tiffin top point, explore the cave gardens near Mallital, Water zorbing in Bhimtal Lake, Paraglide in Naukuchiatal and camp in Sattal! You can feed the animals at the Naintal zoo and shop for traditional handicrafts at the Mall and Barra Bazaar.
Highlight of your Trip: Take the aerial express ropeway ride to the snow-view, Sher-Ka-Danda Ridge and admire the rustic beauty of the Naina Devi peak.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Nainital is the summer season, between the months of March to November.
Type of destination: nature, affordable, exotic, adventure
72. Mussoorie - Queen of Mountains
Source: michael scalet
Reasons to choose:The exquisiteness of Himalayas, the abundant verdant forests, the magnetising views of the Doon valley and Haridwar, Mussoorie is a fairytale land in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The city was developed as a hill resort during the British rule and since then, serves as a perfect destination for honeymooners.
Romantic things to do: Enchant your body and soul at the tranquil Tibetan Buddhist Temple, follow the forest trail of Dhanaulti, Explore the Kempty falls, the Jhara Pani falls and the Bhatta falls. For a glimpse of Tibetan culture, hike up to Happy Valley.
Highlight of your Trip: Take a trolley ride to Gun hill and catch a panoramic view of the city and the snow-capped Himalayas.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Mussoorie is between the months of March to June.
Type of destination: nature, affordable
Best Honeymoon Destinations in Africa
73. Cape Town - Mother City
Reasons to choose: With the golden beaches on one side and mountains on the other, Cape Town indeed is a blend that makes it a unique honeymoon destination. With a whole lot of options to choose from, for couples to do, there will never be a boring moment in this port city.
Romantic things to do: A romantic sunset cable car ride up the Table Mountains. Ride a horse on the beach of Noordhoek Farm Village. Take a private helicopter ride around Cape Town. Go wine tasting Constantia Valley. Walk with penguins at Boulders Beach. Watch out for majestic whales at The Whale Coast. Get adventurous and explore the beautiful limestone Cango Caves. Enjoy some local cuisine at the Victoria and Albert Waterfront. Experience an extravagant ride aboard the Premier Classe Train. Enjoy a concert at the Castle of Good Hope.Go for a boat cruise on the Hout Bay.
Highlight of your Trip: For a touch of adventure in your honeymoon try abseiling at Table Mountain.
Best time to visit: Summer, from December to February, and Spring, from September to November, are the ultimate times for Cape Town.
Type of destination: beach, luxury, unique
74. Cairo - Paris of the Nile
Reasons to choose:Egypt is undoubtedly the land of love. This is the magical land that Scheherazade told stories to her husband about. Cairo, the heart of Egypt, is the perfect honeymoon destination for all those who crave to experience a legendary love at par with that of Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
Romantic things to do: A romantic dinner cruise on the Nile. Experience a moon-lit camel ride by the pyramid. Enjoy a quiet evening at the lush Al-Azhar Park. Watch the marvellous sound and light show at the Pyramids of Giza. Tantalise your tastebuds with an exotic dinner at the Aboul El Sid. Have some intimate time with your spouse on a felucca ride in Maadi. Experience a gourmet dinner at the famour Revolving Restaurant.
Highlight of your Trip:Watch a real belly dancing show.
Best time to visit:Winter, from November to March, is the coolest time for Cairo.
Type of destination:exotic, adventurous
75. Mauritius - Honeymoon Destination with Golden Beaches
Reasons to choose: The tropical weather, the sandy golden beaches, the tranquil untouched nature and the warm welcoming locals make Mauritius an extreme hit among the honeymooners.
Romantic things to do: Go on a mid-night candle light dinner; take a quad ride to the Moka mountains and try your hand at deep-sea fishing.
Highlight of your Trip: Go for a scuba diving session together!
Best time to visit: The superb time to visit Mauritius is from May to early December.
Type of destination: beach, affordable, adventure
76. Marrakesh - The Rose City
Reasons to choose: For all those couples who desire a magical honeymoon, this Moroccan honeymoon destination is the one meant for you. Right out of a story from Arabian Nights, this mystical land will give you an experience like never before, just like Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.
Romantic things to do:A hot air balloon ride into the sunset. A couple's special hammam spa to rejuvenate yourselves. A camel ride into the gorgeous golden desert. A romantic walk in the Majorelle Yardins. Explore the streets in the evenings for some never-seen-before sights. Camp under the clear desert sky. Wonder around the various souks. Gorge on some delicious Moroccan delights.
Highlight of your Trip: A caleche ride for the two of you.
Best time to visit:Spring, from April to May, and Fall, from September to October, are the awesome times for Marrakech.
Type of destination: exotic, unique, luxury
Best Honeymoon Destinations in Oceania
77. Rotorua - Sulphur City
Source: andrey terekhov
Reasons to choose: This secluded destination in New Zealand offers a quirky honeymoon experience. Surrounded by 16 lakes, the place is famous for mud pools and natural geysers. The destination is a plethora of natural vents, hot pools and other geothermal features that will serve as a perfect backdrop for your honeymoon memories.
Romantic things to do: Try Mountain biking in the curious forest of California Redwoods. Go Land-sledding down Mt Ngongotaha. Take a rejuvenating hot mineral spring bath and therapies.
Highlight of your Trip: Play a round of golf at the mud pools.
Best time to visit:The Spring Season which falls between the months of September to November is the best time to visit Rotorua.
Type of destination: adventure, exotic, luxury
78. Fiji - Soft Coral Capital of the World
Reasons to choose: An archipelago that includes 332 islands, Fiji is a secluded paradise for couples who need to explore a destination far off on their honeymoon. A nature’s bounty with stunning coral-reefs and verdant coconut plantations and beautiful beaches, Fiji is perfect for a romantic getaway!
Romantic things to do: Take a helicopter ride over the Sleeping Giant Mountain Range and the Mamanuca Group of Islands, slurp fresh coconut water as you unwind on a private resort, relish the local delicacies like go white water rafting, spend a day kayaking.
Highlight of your Trip: Make it large with Tandem Sky dive and feel infinite!
Best time to visit:The perfect time to visit Fiji is April, May, October and November.
Type of destination:beach, adventure, affordable
79. Sydney - Colourful and Lively Honeymoon Destination in the World
Reasons to choose: Australia is known for its warm welcome, and that is exactly what couples will get when they visit Sydney for their honeymoon. This colourful and lively honeymoon destination invigorates your senses and makes the experience worthwhile.
Romantic things to do:A secluded picnic at the Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens with the view of the Sydney Harbour. Surf and swim at Bondi Beach. Get a dose of adrenaline by going mountain biking on the beautiful Blue Mountains. A late night stroll on Anzac Bridge. Watch a movie under the stars at Moonlight Cinema. Feed Koi fish at the Chinese Garden of Friendship. Take a ferry ride and camp at Cuckatoo Island. Enjoy a romntic dinner by the harbour.
Highlight of your Trip: Catch a show at the Sydney Opera House.
Best time to visit: Summer, from December to February, is the prettiest time for Sydney.
Type of destination: luxury
Read More on: Things to do in Sydney
80. Tahiti - Queen of the Pacific
Reasons to choose: Famous as the honeymooner’s paradise, this great honeymoon destination is your best bid if you are looking for a tranquil place that’s replete with surreal natural beauty. The pristine beach resorts offer the honeymoon couples the much needed privacy and the bunch of water activities make sure the couples make the most of this bonding time!
Romantic things to do: Pack a picnic, take a cruise ride and head to the any of the private islands for a day out. Pamper yourselves at the Polynesian spas that offer herbal rain showers, body wraps in banana tree leaves and fresh-flower baths. Sign up for the water sporting activities like snorkelling and diving.
Highlight of your Trip: Hike up to the Mount Aorai or take a 4x4 ride to pump up your adrenaline.
Best time to visit:The dry season which happens to be the winter time- from May to October.
Type of destination: beach, exotic, luxury, adventure
Get good deals with TripHobo Hotels. Book Now, Pay Later!
So all you lovely newlyweds out there; pack your bags to the best honeymoon destinations in the world and have an unforgettable honeymoon!
Check out the Top Honeymoon Destinations for 2017
And here's more to read on the destination of your choice:
*fb cover pic: cntraveller