Kolkata Pays Tribute To Paris Attack Victims
- NIYATI SHINDE
- UPDATED May 19, 2017
- 1.6K Views
Every time a terrorist strikes, the whole world mourns for humanity. On November 13th, we all witnessed compassion and kindness taking a hit when terrorists attacked the mesmerising city of Paris. Many innocent souls lost their lives during the terror attacks. The city crumbled under the weight of terrorism. But like a phoenix, Paris has risen from its ashes- stronger, more confident and even more effervescent.
Image Source: India.com
According to Hindustan Times, the vivacious Indian city of Kolkata is all set to pay tribute to Paris victims. To honour the victims of the terror attacks, West Bengal is installing an Eiffel Tower of its own in Rajarhat, Kolkata. The foundation will be laid on November 28th at the Eco Park by the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (HIDCO). It is believed that the Consul General of France in Kolkata, Damien Syed, will also be present during the event.
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
Here are some facts about the proposed monument:
- The Eiffel Tower in Rajarhat, Kolkata is going to be a part of the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ theme park at the Eco Park.
- The Tower will be 55 meters tall, almost 6 times smaller than the iconic tower in Paris.
- On completion, it will be as tall as a 17 storey building.
- The steel grey coloured tower will be completed by the year 2018 and will use around 300 tonnes of steel.
- The tower will be housing a coffee shop and a souvenir shop.
- You will also find 2 elevators that will take visitors to the top of the tower.
Image Source: Pixabay.com
Speaking about the tower, Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim told leading daily newspaper Indian Express, ''The idea is to show our solidarity with those who died in the attack in Paris earlier this month. It was a gruesome attack and whether it is Paris or Kolkata, the loss of human lives can’t be tolerated.”
India has always been a tolerant nation and every time a calamity arises anywhere in the world, India has always tried to support and help. The nation has always been there to promote global humanity. Having gone through many terror attacks itself, the nation understands the need for and the urgency of peace.
''Imagine all the people living life in peace..."
You may also like: