A Detailed Guide Of New Zealand Visa Requirements
- KETKI HANAMSHET
- Jan 30, 2019
- 528 Views
New Zealand is the playground of adventurers. From mountain biking across wild routes to skiing down snowy slopes, this land of the Kiwis tickles an adventure junky’s soul. But, with all those vast serene lakes and miles of sandy beaches, it also attracts travelers that love to have a laid back vacation. Undoubtedly, New Zealand is flocked by many international tourists. What makes New Zealand even more tempting for globetrotters is its easy visa application process. If you are planning to visit kiwi land any time soon, then read on and get all the details about the New Zealand visa.
Which Countries Do Not Require A Visa To Enter New Zealand?
New Zealand has a ‘visa waiver agreement’ with about 60 countries, allowing the citizens of those respective countries to visit New Zealand without a visa. Travelers from these countries can explore New Zealand for 3 months or less without a visa. If you are a British citizen, you get the benefit of visiting New Zealand without a visa for 6 months or less. Also, in case you are a citizen or a resident of Australia, you do not require a visa to enter New Zealand.
Below are the countries that are exempted from applying for a New Zealand visa.
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
Other countries include Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and Vatican City.
Which Countries Are Offered Visa-on-Arrival In New Zealand?
New Zealand does not offer visa-on-arrival to any country. Many find this to be a blessing in disguise as applying for a New Zealand visa is far easier than standing in a long ‘visa-on-arrival’ queue upon entering the lovely country.
Which Countries Require A Visa To Enter New Zealand?
If you are the citizen of a country that is not listed in the above ‘visa-waivered’ countries, then you will require a visa to enter New Zealand. You have the option of choosing from a range of visas to step onto the beautiful land of the kiwis. Right from a holiday visa to a business working visa, there are numerous visa options offered by New Zealand. If exploring New Zealand as a tourist is on your mind, then a visitor visa is just right for you. All you got to do is fill an online application form while submitting some important documents. This visitor visa is valid for 18 months from the date it has been issued to you. With this New Zealand visitor visa in hand, you can stay in the country for as long as 9 months.
The New Zealand visitor visa allows you to:
- Visit New Zealand as a tourist
- Meet your friends and relatives in New Zealand
- Perform in cultural events and play sports that do not pay you
- Study a short-term course of three months
How to Apply For A New Zealand Visitor Visa?
The easiest way of applying for a New Zealand visitor visa is by filling an online application form. With all the required documents in hand, the application process will take less than 15-20 minutes. In case it is not possible to apply online, you may send your completed application form, along with your documents, to the nearest Immigration New Zealand office or Visa Application Center in your country.
What Are the Requirements For A New Zealand Visa?
- A passport that is valid for the next three months, starting from your date of departure to New Zealand
- Passports or travel documents of all the individuals included in your application form
- 2 passport-size colored photographs of all those mentioned in the application
- General Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate that are less than 3 months old (submission of this depends upon the duration of your visit)
- Evidence that shows you have enough funds to support yourself and those mentioned in the application during your stay in New Zealand
- Evidence like a return ticket from New Zealand that proves you intend to leave the country after your visit
- Evidence of your relationship with the person included in your application form
- Evidence of character, depending upon the duration of your stay in New Zealand
How much is the New Zealand Visa Fee?
The immigration costs and the receiving center fees together make for the New Zealand Visa fees. This varies from country to country and can be found using this New Zealand visa fee tool.
With this detailed guide about New Zealand visa requirements, you will now be able to easily apply for a visa.
**The provided information is for New Zealand Visitor Visa. Requirements may differ for other types of visas.