Travel Expectations Vs Reality - The Bitter Truth of Holiday
- RENUKA SHAHANE
- UPDATED Oct 16, 2018
- 295.3K Views
Travel co-relates to lot of anticipation, expectations and experiences. The internet today is oozing out visually appealing pictures of places that will make you pack your bags and hop on a flight right now.
But here’s something wrong with it. The pictures are cured and boosted to look that beautiful and what upsets me is that, it simply kills the reality factor of the place.
Not only is it disappointing for someone who has high expectations of the place (thanks to all the images available online) but it also hinders in the process of the traveller actually liking the place as is.
Here are some myth-busting images of some of the most sought-after spots in the world.
Disclaimer: This article is sourced from here.
1. Visiting The Great Wall of China
Plan on the go with TripHobo's itinerary planner!!
2. Pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa
3. Admiring the beauty of Mona Lisa at Louvre Museum, Paris
4. Picnicking around Eiffel Tower, Paris
5. Chilling on the stunning beaches of Maldives
6. Sunbathing on the gorgeous beaches of Rio
7. Taking a stroll around Santorini, Greece
8. A romantic tour of Venice
9. Marvelling at the beauty of The Taj, India
10. Peaceful time on the tranquil beaches of Thailand
11. Throwing coins in the Trevi Fountain, Rome
12. Visiting the magnetic Pyramids of Egypt
13. Sunset at the Stonehenge, United Kingdom
14. Climbing Mount Everest, Nepal
15. An affair to remember at the Spanish Steps, Italy
16. Clicking picture of the Little Mermaid, Copenhagen
17. Enjoying the panoramic view of the St. Peter's Basilica from St. Peter's Square, Vatican City
18. Touring The Acropolis of Athens, Greece
19. Taking a walk in the Central Park, New York
This article first appeared on TravelTriangle