Visa Requirements for Singapore
Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is an island city-state off southern Malaysia. This country is pretty exciting! It’s multi-cultural, safe, and family-friendly, making this one of the best travel hotspots in Asia. There are high-end boutiques along the Orchard Street, epic attractions like Singapore Zoo and Universal Studios Singapore, glorious beaches in the Changi Beach Park, and those buzzing nightlife spots which only add to the ever-long list of reasons to visit Singapore.
If you are planning to visit this tropical city-state, one of the things you may be interested in is Singapore’s visa policy. Read on to find out if you need a visa to visit Singapore.
Visa required to enter Singapore:
Singapore group visit visas are divided into two groups – Assessment Level I and Assessment Level II countries
- Assessment Level I Countries
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, North Korea, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
- Assessment Level II Countries
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Documents required for Singapore visa:
- Passport - An original passport valid more than 6 months along with any older passports that contain a valid visa
- A duly filled visa application form
- 2 color photograph with the following specification - white background, matt finish, size 35 mm X 45 mm, showing 80% face
- Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant and his/her professional details like contact number, email ID, designation
- Confirmed return ticket
- Confirmed hotel bookings
- Bank statements for last 6 months
- Completed disembarkation/embarkation card
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate, if applicable
The visa processing fee for each application is 30 Singapore Dollars. The processing fee is non-refundable.
Visa Processing Time:
3-4 business working days
Visa-free entry into Singapore:
Citizens of all countries not included in Assessment Level I and Assessment Level II are allowed to stay in Singapore for a maximum stay of 30 days without a visa.
The citizens of the below-mentioned countries are allowed to stay in Singapore for a period of 90 days:
All European Union citizens, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Switzerland, United States
- Nationals of Assessment Level I and II countries, while fulfilling the following requirements, do not require a visa to transit through Singapore Changi Airport
- Have a confirmed onward ticket
- Stay in the transit area of the airport
- Have their luggage checked to their final destination
- Do not clear immigration
- Are not traveling on a low-cost airline (Except passengers traveling on Scoot Tigerair)
Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)
Nationals of China and India, while transiting to or from any third country by air, may enter Singapore without a visa for 96 hours. These nationals can do so if they possess a valid one-month visa or long-term residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States. This facility can only be used once in their itinerary (either on the forward or the return journey, but not both)
Nationals of the following countries may use the VFTF on both the forward and the return journey:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
Mandatory yellow fever vaccination:
Any person entering Singapore from the below-mentioned countries are required to carry an International Certificate of Vaccination for yellow fever if they have passed through these countries within the preceding six days.
Angola, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Venezuela.
There are loads of things to do in Singapore! Make sure you plan your holiday today!