Hotels in Albufeira, Portugal
Where to Stay in Albufeira, Portugal?
PLACES TO STAY
- Polana Residence Hotel
- Residencial Vila Recife
- Bayside Salgados – Great staff and value for money service.
- Pension Vila Bela
- Simlar Apartamentos
Mid Range hotels:
- Velamar Hotel
- Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol
- Casa Mitchell Apartments
- Natura Algarve Club
- Balai Mar Hotel
- EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
- Pine Cliffs Residence
- Sheraton Algarve Hotel
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa
- Sheraton Pine Cliffs Vacation Club- one of the best resorts in Albufeira.
PLACES TO EAT
There is no dearth of cafes, restaurants and bars in Albufeira. You’ll find them populating the main square, huddled in friendly-looking front-open lines down cobbled streets and overlooking the Praia dos Pescadores and Tunel beaches and absolutely brimming at the Strip (Avenida Sa Carneiro). While the prices and cuisine evidently vary depending on which restaurant you are at, rest assured that you will never be wanting for variety, and there are places to suit every budget.
Being a seaside resort town, Albufeira food specialises in fresh fish and seafood and it also caters to the diverse palate of the large influx of visitors from across the world. Most menus are generally printed in 3 or 4 languages but picking up a simple Portuguese phrase book can go a long way in simple interactions you will have every day. Vegetarians and vegans will find most restaurants friendly and willing to adapt a dish to suit your needs, so worry not.
Alcohol in general tends to be extremely reasonably priced across the Algarve coast of Portugal – being considered cheap compared to other countries – with bottles of wine starting at EUR 1 in the supermarkets, and the prices of drinks in bar and restaurants also reasonable. You can realistically expect to pay a little more in the popular bars in tourist-frequented areas though - up to €6 for a spirit and mixer. Most restaurants in Albufeira will have only Portugese wines on the menu.
Fresh orange juice, locally produced, is widely served in cafes, bars and restaurants and is just delicious!
The 'house' wine ("vinho da casa") in white ("branco") and red ("tinto") is always good value and you can also opt for "vinho verde" which is a young 'green' wine, slightly sparkling, light and refreshing and goes very well with fish and chicken dishes, or rose - Mateus rose being the best known.
If you prefer beer ("cerveja") - the three national brands you will no doubt quickly become familiar with are ‘Sagres’ (named after the Algarve’s Sagres, but it isn’t produced there), ‘Super Bock’ and ‘Cristal’.
The top Albufeira restaurants include:
- Jardim Rustico
- Restaurante Dom Carlos
- Os Arcos Restaurante
- The Cockerel Country Kitchen
- Castelo do Mar Bar, Restaurante
- Vila Joya
- Iguana Cafe
- Restaurante O Manjar
- Scooby’s Pool Bar
- Riviera Pastelaria
Hotels Near Attractions in Albufeira
- Hotels Near Parque Aventura
- Hotels Near Praia Sao Rafael
- Hotels Near Albufeira Riding Centre
- Hotels Near Hot Wheels Raceway
- Hotels Near Sant'ana Church
- Hotels Near Clock Tower
- Hotels Near Xorino Cave
- Hotels Near Avenida Da Liberdade
- Hotels Near Mercado Municipal Dos Calicos
- Hotels Near Peneco Beach
- Hotels Near Praia Dos Pescadores
- Hotels Near Sao Rafael Suite Hotel
- Hotels Near Praia De Faro
- Hotels Near Algarve Gardens
- Hotels Near Pine Cliffs Residence, Albufeira
- Hotels Near Evora
Hotels in and around Albufeira
- Hotels near Praia Dos Pescadores
- Hotels near Praia Do Castelo
- Hotels near Praia Do Evaristo
- Hotels near Praia Da Rocha Baixinha
- Hotels near Marina De Albufeira
- Hotels near Praia Dos Tomates
- Hotels near Praia Dos Olhos De Agua
- Hotels near Praia Barranco Das Belharucas
- Hotels near Praia Do Inatel
- Hotels near Praia Do Peneco
- Hotels near Praia Dos Alemaes
- Hotels near Praia De Sao Rafael
- Hotels near Praia De Arrifes
- Hotels near Spa All Skin Em Albufeira
- Hotels near Praia Manuel Lourenco
- Hotels near Praia Do Alfamar Em Albufeira