Hotels in Athens, Greece
Where to Stay in Athens, Greece?
PLACES TO STAY
Capital city of Greece, Athens is named after the Greek goddess of wisdom and with all the different places to stay in this breathtaking city, the wise choose to plan ahead, especially for trips from May through October. With a type and price to fit every need and budget, Athens accommodations really can check all the boxes if carefully considered.
One would generally first look at staying in one of the more centrally located neighborhoods of the city as these are some of the safest. You can look at Plaka, Syntagma or Koukaki as some of the options for luxury hotels. Alternatively the Omonia region is also close enough to the hub of all activity; however its appearance is not very appealing. The upside being that this area has several budget hotel options. The best thing to do on a mid-range budget generally is to look at an AirBnb as these tend to be quite homely and quaint.
One should consider the innumerable campsites that this city has to offer as well as they can allow for serious savings as compared to Athens Hotels. A different homestay option can also be considered but staying within a walking distance of the above mentioned areas is best as these places feature the best that Athens has to offer.
Hotels in Athens can range from the super-premium price of around 200 Euros a night to fewer than 20 Euros depending on what one is willing to sacrifice in terms of amenities. That being said, all the hotels to stay in are generally clean and will more or less meet the minimum standard even on a small budget.
- Athens Easy Access Hostel: This hostel has a bar and a restaurant on site, and, as the name suggests, is centrally located. Perfect if you’re looking for budget accommodation.
- Acropolis House Pension: This is a beautiful and old-fashioned pension house. Not all the rooms are en-suite, but it is incredibly atmospheric.
- Hotel Cosmos: A good budget accommodation with great service and friendly staff.
- Best Western Hotel Museum: Centrally located, the hotel provides comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi. They also serve breakfast buffets.
- Adam’s Hotel: Well equipped rooms, central location and good service are the USP of this place.
- Omiros Hotel: A 3-star accommodation, Omiros Hotel offers guestrooms equipped with en-suite bathroom and air conditioning.
- Hermes Hotel: Centrally located, the Hermes Hotel caters to the guest's every demand. The hotel has spacious, well appointed rooms and good dining options.
- Electra Palace Hotel: As good as luxury gets. Good spacious rooms, great service, a spa, a rooftop pool and a poolside restaurant.
- Hotel Grande Bretagne: A ‘Luxury Collection Hotel’, this Athens accommodation is a 5 star hotel having lavish rooms with attached marble bathrooms, a spa, great dining options and a bar as well.
Hotels Near Attractions in Athens
- Hotels Near Plaka
- Hotels Near National Archaeological Museum
- Hotels Near Ancient Agora
- Hotels Near Lykavittos Hill
- Hotels Near Panathenaic Stadium
- Hotels Near Temple Of Hephaestus
- Hotels Near Syntagma Square
- Hotels Near Arch Of Hadrian
- Hotels Near Benaki Museum
- Hotels Near National Gardens
- Hotels Near Temple Of Olympian Zeus
- Hotels Near Parliament
- Hotels Near Academy Of Athens
- Hotels Near Three Sixty Cocktail Bar
- Hotels Near National Historical Museum
- Hotels Near Kerameikos Cemetery