Hotels in Chanderi, India
Where to Stay in Chanderi, India?
PLACES TO STAY
The small town of Chanderi has only a few hotels where you can stay. There are no luxury resorts or 5 star hotels available but since an overnight trip to Chanderi is what many people prefer when in Ashoknagar, you can stay at the government run hotel and the few Guesthouses and Dharamshalas available here. Do know that even though shown on the map, not many hotels are functional. Call up well in advance for reservation.
- Hotel Tana Bana Chanderi: Is the popular choice for staying in Chanderi and is the Madhya Pradesh tourism guesthouse. Offers simply accommodation with free breakfast and Internet.
- Hotel Shrikunj: Offers 24-hours room service and Taxi service with basic accommodation.
- Amraee Guest House: A budget option with rustic environment, simple rooms and minimal amenities.
PLACES TO EAT
- Like the rest of the country, Chanderi’s local food consist of modest vegetables and pulses eaten with wheat bread ‘Chapati’ or Puri.
- The MPTDC Tana Bana Hotel is the only popular place in town to have a typical Indian meal while other street-food carts are quiet common (don’t forget to taste popular street-food like Samosas, Kachoris and other Chaats).
- Do try a wholesome ‘Thali’ meal when in the small town.
- Chanderiis yet to have a diverse food culture and you may not find restaurants easilyin the town. Your best bet is to have your meals at your hotel and if you are planning a day trip- simply carry your own food.