PLACES TO STAY
The capital city of Sri Lanka, Colombo is known for its massive history as a port city. Now a modern, booming metropolis, Colombo sees all kinds of travellers with its huge skyscrapers juxtaposed against its historical architecture that make for a perfect vacation destination. Offering all kinds of lodging options, Colombo accommodations can be quite hard to decide on for several reasons.
To start, Colombo hotels tend to get much better or worse only depending on what you pay for. On a large budget one may get every possible amenity within $300 or so but $15-$20 dollar accommodations will literally be a shared room with a bed. Luxury hotel options in the city are plentiful but when it comes to budget hotel travellers it is slim pickings. The best place to stay in this case is near the Colombo Fort Railway Station which hosts a huge number of hostels that cost around $20 but will almost definitely involve a shared bathroom at the least.
Picking where to stay in this city is almost all about the amount you wish to spend and if you know where you will be spending a large portion of your time, due to the price changes with area being largely insignificant, it is best to stay as close as possible in the price range that suits you best.
Hotels in the central areas do tend to be a little more expensive, but rarely enough to affect a lodging decision. These decisions can be taken almost solely on the basis of what amenities one can afford or is willing to sacrifice.
- Global Towers Hotel: Offers spacious rooms that are fitted with office and home essentials, and this provides convenience and comfort.
- Hotel Janaki: A three-star hotel offers air-conditioning, satellite television/cable and a safe in the room.
- Galle Face Hotel: Most rooms come with a view of the Galle Face Green or the ocean. You will also find restaurants here.
- Hotel Galadari: 446 rooms and all handicap rooms.
- The Havelock Place Bungalow: The hotel offers wi-fi internet, Jacuzzi, pool and restaurants.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Colombo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!