Hotels in Crete, Greece
Where to Stay in Crete, Greece?
Crete, the largest island of Greece is known for its greatly varied terrain and incredible historical significance. The island hosts a wide variety of lodgings to fit practically any budget and with a little research anyone can find the Crete accommodation that fits best.
There are the general 5 star lavish luxury hotels that can be found in plenty throughout Europe on the island of Crete and these are the easiest options to choose (For around $100 a night) if money is no concern, however there are several other places to stay in Crete that are far more unique.
Instead of getting a budget hotel as one would do in other destinations, a rentable room is the best place to stay in for someone on a budget. These renting signs are all over the island and can easily be contacted, however they are rarely on the internet so that may be a concern for some who wish to book in advance. The rooms however, are clean and comfortable and generally do have some amenities like a fridge and microwave.
When looking for where to stay in Crete in a larger group or slightly higher budget, one may also opt to rent a villa or private home or go for an apartment or aparthotel which are very common and extremely comfortable, though the prices do vary greatly with amenities provided.
There are several different towns in Crete each offering a wide variety of accommodation choices for every type of traveler the main city is Heraklion and the options below are based there.
- Astoria Capsis – 11 Eleftherias Square: Finding a Family Friendly Hotel in Crete may be tough so do keep this one in mind. This lovely hotel is mid ranged quite well equipped.
- Life Hotel – 50 Ikarou: Avenue Close to the port, downtown and the central bus station (in easy walking distance of each).
- Knossos Beach Hotel – KokkiniHani: This hotel is no frills and completely value for money. If you want to spend a lot of time on the beach you should pick this one.
- Rent Rooms Hellas: It is Renowned for being the cleanest place in town, and there are private rooms available too.
- Prince of Lillies Hotel: A little out of the main city but a great family run place and extraordinarily good value.
Hotels Near Attractions in Crete
- Hotels Near Spinalonga
- Hotels Near Rethymno
- Hotels Near Historical Museum Of Crete
- Hotels Near Sasteria
- Hotels Near Georgioupolis Beach
- Hotels Near Lake Voulismeni
- Hotels Near St George Of Selinari Monastery
- Hotels Near Kourtaliotiko Gorge
- Hotels Near The Port Of Heraklion
- Hotels Near Frangokastello
- Hotels Near Fontana Morosini
- Hotels Near Archanes
- Hotels Near Malia
- Hotels Near Sunrise Apartments
- Hotels Near White Mountains
- Hotels Near Ekklisia Agia Ekaterini