Hotels in Diyarbakir, Turkey
Where to Stay in Diyarbakir, Turkey?
PLACES TO STAY
- SurkentHotel: Centrally located hotel, with plain rooms and good top-floor views.
- Hotel Kaya: Small modern rooms, free Wi-Fi, helpful front desk.
- Koprucu Hotel: Simple decorated rooms and free internet.
- New Tigris Hotel: Close to good restaurants, the hotel has comfortable rooms and helpful service.
- Dedeman Diyarbakir: Pleasant rooms and polite staff.
- Dies Hotel: Located near the ancient walls of the city. Charming rooms and great choice of breakfast.
- Hilton Garden Inn Diyarbakir: Pleasant rooms, buffet breakfast and free Wi-Fi.
- Liluz Hotel: Cosy rooms, good breakfast and roof top bar offering wide range of cocktails.
PLACES TO EAT
Diyarbakir’s traditional cuisine involves meat dishes infused with a lot of spices. The two specialties you must try at the city are Meftune which is cooked lamb and vegetables infused with sumac and garlic, and Dolmasi which is a baked lamb’s ribs stuffed with rice and spices. The city is also famous for the watermelon fruit which forms a part of large export.
- Dagkapi Cigercisi: Affordable delicious food. Try their Shish Kebabs and Grilled Vegetables.
- Sulukluhan: A traditional Turkish café. Great please for coffee and delightful Turkish snacks.
- Onur Ocakbasi: Simple restaurant serving great flavours.
- Levent Usta Kunefe & Kadayif Salonu: If you’re craving some delicious Turkish desserts, then head down to this place.
- Selim Amca'nin Sofra Salonu: Traditional Turkish restaurant offering regional delights.