Hotels in Geneva, Switzerland
Where to Stay in Geneva, Switzerland?
One of the most sought after destinations in Europe for vacationing, Geneva, the world capital of Finance, sees hordes of tourists visiting every year. Most Geneva hotels tend to be quite expensive but with a little research one can easily find the best places to stay in Geneva that fit their needs perfectly.
When looking for where to stay in Geneva it is difficult to even choose from the huge selection of luxury hotels that this city has to offer. In a wide range of between 400 CHF and 1000 CHF one can find the perfect places to stay in Geneva right along the river and lake.
However for those on a smaller budget there are plenty of budget hotel options to choose from as well, even in the quite Rue de Geneve area which is a great place for visitors to stay. One can find hotels here for less than 150 CHF and even lower depending on the time of year. These hotels tend to provide all the modern amenities while not being quite as posh as the higher end hotels (Still very clean and comfortable). Most of the budget options are around the Cornavin train station for around 135 CHF and there are also several near the airport which tends to be cheaper than those in the city center.
It is worth noting that most Geneva accommodations are booked out during the times of conventions, summits and trade shows and it is worth finding the dates for such events out beforehand to stay informed.
Because Geneva is an international hub you will find everything from cheap hostels to low budget hotels to higher priced places. With a lot of choice available it won’t be difficult to find one that suits you needs. Here are a few recommendations.
- Eden Hotel Geneva: This higher-end hotel is famous for its incredible views of the lake, as well as a wide variety of facilities and amenities.
- Hotel Tiffany: This elegant hotel is situated in one of Geneva’s most exciting areas. This hotel isn’t too expensive nor completely inexpensive. So you have all the amenities and being able to live in a 19th century Victorian building is certainly a plus.
- City Hostel Geneva: Budget friendly and centrally located, this is a great option for budget travelers and students. You can choose from a variety of options of housing like private rooms, dorms, family kitchenettes etc. On the whole a recommended option for frugal travelers, this one is worth keeping in mind.
You will always find a variety of business and non-business functions that are taking place in Geneva on a daily basis, so it is important to book well in advance.
Hotels Near Attractions in Geneva
- Hotels Near Geneva Flower Clock Or Horloge Fleurie
- Hotels Near Reformation Wall
- Hotels Near Place Des Nations
- Hotels Near Museum Of Art And History
- Hotels Near Modern And Contemporary Art Museum Or Mamco
- Hotels Near Natural History Museum
- Hotels Near Patek Philippe Museum
- Hotels Near Jetee Des Paquis
- Hotels Near Rue Du Rhone
- Hotels Near Mont Saleve
- Hotels Near Quai De Mont Blanc
- Hotels Near Plainpalais Cemetery
- Hotels Near Temple De La Fusterie
- Hotels Near Tour Du Molard
- Hotels Near Russian Church
- Hotels Near Collection Baur