Hotels in Hilo, Hawaii
Where to Stay in Hilo, Hawaii?
PLACES TO STAY
- Hamakua Guest House: This rustic guest house offers a stunning view of the Hamakua Bay. The guest house is off-the-grid and all its electricity is taken from the sun and water that is collected from rains.
- Wild Ginger Inn Hotel & Hostel: This inn at downtown Hilo offers rooms with cable TV, a microwave and a fridge. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel.
- Dolphin Bay Hotel: A short walk from downtown Hilo, the Dolphin Bay Hotel offers rooms with a fully equipped kitchen, a bath with shower, cable color TV and ceiling fans.
- Pakalana Inn: This historic inn has been renovated and now offers its patrons rooms with cable TV, kitchens and free wi-fi. The hotel is pet-friendly.
- Hilo Bay Hale: This luxurious Bed & Breakfast is in the heart of Hilo, rooms with cable TV, free wi-fi, ceiling fans and a private porch. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, a library, a garden with pond and outdoor dining room with grill.
- Lai Nani Resort: This private and luxurious resort in Hilo, has a spectacular view of the ocean and Mauna Kea. The resort offers three bungalows to choose for and is nothing less than an exotic hideaway.
PLACES TO EAT
Hilo is a cultural mix, thus, it is no surprise that the same is reflected in their food. There are eateries all over Hilo that show off the diversity in cuisines. But no matter which cuisine you choose, you are sure to be given some authentic and delicious food.
- Blane’s Drive-Inn: This humble joint is known for offering a “Plate Lunch”. They are also famous for their loco moco, which is a bowl of rice with a hamburger patty, gravy and an egg.
- Hilo Coffee Mill: A great place to have some authentic food made with fresh local ingredients.
- Ken’s House of Pancakes: Hilo’s only 24-hour eatery, this restaurant serves much more than just pancakes.
- Kuhio Grille: This eatery is known all over Hilo for serving their famous One Pound Laulau, a Native Hawaiian dish.
- Hilo Farmer’s Market: The market has a food tent that offers some mouth-watering tropical delicacies.
- Suisan Fish Market: Selling some excellent quality delicacies made with poke, this market is a must-visit.
Hotels Near Attractions in Hilo
- Hotels Near Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo
- Hotels Near Lyman House Memorial Museum
- Hotels Near Mauna Loa Observatory
- Hotels Near Mauna Kea State Park
- Hotels Near Honoli'i Beach Park
- Hotels Near Rainbow Falls Park
- Hotels Near St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Hotels Near Extreme Exposure Fine Art Gallery
- Hotels Near Pu'u 'o'o Trail
- Hotels Near Nani Mau
- Hotels Near Subaru Telescope
- Hotels Near Sugar Coast Candy
- Hotels Near Reeds Bay Beach Co Park
- Hotels Near Keaukaha Beach Park
- Hotels Near Naha Stone
- Hotels Near Onizuka Center For International Astronomy
Hotels in and around Hilo
- Parks & Gardens