Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Where to Stay in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam?
Ho Chi Minh City, famous for its intrinsic role in the Vietnam War and being the site of brilliant Southeast Asian culture, is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. With all kinds of lodgings to fit practically any budget, one can find the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City with a little bit of research.
For starters, Ho Chi Minh City has no dearth of luxury hotels some of which offer the best in fine dining experiences and every amenity imaginable for a premium price of around $200 to $300 a night. Hotels in and around District 1 of the city are where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City if you want the best experience. It should be noted that most hotels in Ho Chi Minh City have some strict policies and should be noted before taking up a room (This includes international chain hotels as well).
On the budget hotel side of things, there are plenty in District 1 at a much lower price of around $25 to $50 a night and these do offer some great amenities as well, while being relatively clean and comfortable.
When looking for places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City for a longer period of time, it is best to rent a studio apartment which is much easier to get ($250 or so per month). Although homestays are available, the language barrier can sometimes be a hindrance and it is best to take up a Ho Chi Minh City hotel instead, for convenience.
- Movenpick Hotel Saigon: 253 Nguyen Van Troi Street, Phu Nhuan District - +84 8 3844 9222.As can be expected from the Swiss chain, convenient for business travellers and full 5 star service.
- Park Hyatt Saigon: 2 Lam Son Sq., District 1 - +84 9 3824 1234.A great collection of Vietnamese local art, makes this a great choice for those with deep pockets.
- Saigon Domaine Residences: 1057 Binh Quoi Street, Ward 29, Binh Thanh District - +81 84 8455 66163.A little further afield, but nice hotel serviced apartments for a longer stay in Saigon. Four star.
- Thien Thao Hotel: 89 Cao Thang, Ward 3, District 3 – No phone number available.A mid-range hotel with decent affordable rooms and plasma TV's in the room.
- Xuan Loc Hotel: 47-51 Le Anh Xuan, District 1 - +84 3827 4641.A more expensive 3 star offering but with nice clean and comfortable rooms, and computers provided for Internet in the lobby.
- An Phuong 2: 295 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1 - +84 8920 5509.Right near the main tourist bus stop in the city centre, it's a clean, friendly and homely sort of place with free Internet and double glazing to keep the noise of the city to a minimum.
- Blue River Hotel: 283/2C Pham Ngu Lao, District 1 - +84 8 3837 6483.This is a back packer's favourite, some staff speak English and you'll get good service. They also arrange airport pick up – but just take a taxi, it's cheaper.
- Ly: 84.24B Bu Vien, District 1 - +84 8 3836 4794.A nice family run joint with English speaking staff, big beds and some balcony views are available.
- Nam Chau: 17/12 Co Bac St. (nr. Co Giant St.) - +84 3837 0294.A little off the beaten path so it can be hard to find, but for a hostel it's amazingly clean and well serviced.
- Ngoc Minh Hotel: 283/9 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1- +84 8837 3566.Nice clean hotel with free internet, a rooftop garden and free breakfasts too.
Hotels Near Attractions in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels Near Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre
- Hotels Near A O Show
- Hotels Near Cao Dai Temple
- Hotels Near Pham Ngu Lao Street
- Hotels Near Vietnam History Museum
- Hotels Near Dam Sen Water Park
- Hotels Near Saigon Zoo And Botanical Gardens
- Hotels Near Fine Arts Museum
- Hotels Near Suoi Tien Theme Park
- Hotels Near Saigon Domaine Residences
- Hotels Near Zan Z Bar
- Hotels Near Park Hyatt Saigon
- Hotels Near Movenpick Hotel Saigon
- Hotels Near Dong Ba
- Hotels Near Apocalypse Now
- Hotels Near Saigon Square