Hotels in Kandy, Sri Lanka
Where to Stay in Kandy, Sri Lanka?
The Sri Lankan city of Kandy is generally seen as the cultural capital of the country. On the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites, this is one of the most exotic and picturesque destinations to visit in all of South-east Asia. With virtually limitless options to choose from, it pays to know well in advance which Kandy accommodations are best for you.
The most opulent luxury hotels in Kandy overlook the Mahaweli and if spending on your lodging is not a concern, these are some of the best places to stay in the whole city for around $200 a night or so. When searching for where to stay in Kandy, one can look at high end hotels in different places, the prices of which generally depend on the view and accessibility.
The budget hotel options in this city are numerous, spread all around the city and costing close to $40 or $50 a night, providing the basic amenities. Low price places to stay in Kandy are generally quite comfortable; however one should consider some of the extremely cheap budget options as well as if they are willing to give up some more amenities.
The city is chock full of hostels and small inns where one can get a room for as low as $10 or $20 a night, depending on the time of year. Some other small hotels in Kandy can also be quite cheap and although the homestay culture does exist here it is generally better to stay in a cheap establishment.
Kandy caters all kinds of people when it comes to accommodation. There is something for everyone. Have a look at the following:
- For the budget spender: Burmese Rest: Buddhist monks here are friendly and this is also a great option if you would like to get away from the noisy city.
- Kandy Cottage: this is a great place for artists and writer, but regular travellers are all welcome here.
- For the Mid-range and Splurge spender:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy: 100 rooms and luxurious. You will find restaurants here and international cuisine. Room service run 24-hours a day.
- Forest Villa: the amenities here are comfortable. You receive a welcome pack that includes water, coffee, tea or juice, and also a tea/coffee maker. Forest Villa has a restaurant, business center, dining areas and housekeeping.
- The cost of living is generally cheap in Sri Lanka, and if you are on a budget, it’s one of the best places to spend your holiday.
Hotels Near Attractions in Kandy
- Hotels Near Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue
- Hotels Near National Museum Kandy
- Hotels Near Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Hotels Near Royal Botanic Gardens
- Hotels Near Sri Dalada International Buddhism Museum
- Hotels Near Natha Devales
- Hotels Near Kandy Monasteries
- Hotels Near Chaaya Citadel Kandy
- Hotels Near Le Garage
- Hotels Near Pizza Hut And Kfc
- Hotels Near Sri Dalada Maligawa
- Hotels Near Cinnamon Citadel Kandy
- Hotels Near Royal Palace
- Hotels Near Amaya Hills Resort
- Hotels Near Lord Kataragama Temple
- Hotels Near Temple Of The Sacred Tooth