Hotels in Kumarakom, India
Where to Stay in Kumarakom, India?
PLACES TO STAY
There’s only one real reason to use resorts and hotel in your Kumarakom stay instead of a houseboat – it’s the monsoon, and the waters are too high. Because if they’re not, head online to Kumarakom’s website and check out all the different kinds of houseboats you could stay. These floating cottages are all sublime.
- Paradise Resorts: So prettily maintained that it’s impossible to think of as a budget hotel. Free breakfast. Free parking.
- Royal Grove: The service and the facilities are so good, it’s as good residing in a luxury hotel. Great views of the lake.
- Backwater Retreat Theme House: Free breakfast. Free parking. Food is delicious whether veg or non-veg.
- Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort: You get to stay in cottages facing the lake. Swimming pool. Free parking.
- Kumarakom Lake Resort: Breathtaking location. Terrific service. Your every comfort catered to. Spa. Pool. Friendly hosts. Excellent food.
- Vivanta by Taj–Kumarakom: A nature lover’s paradise. Pets allowed. Free parking. Pool
- The ZuriKumarakom: For all the luxury of this place, the highlight is the traditional food. Try the fish masala wrappped in banana leaf Kerala style.
PLACES TO EAT
The hotels, resorts and houseboats usually stock excellent food. But if you still want to check out some of the less touristy eats, then try:
- Ettukettu: Expensive, but sublime Indian food.
- Lime Tree, Zuri, Kumarakom: Traditonal Keralite food.
- Grannery: International, Chinese and Indian seafood.
- Baker's Gourmet House: Everything from traditional Indian to pizzas.