Hotels in Muscat, Oman
Where to Stay in Muscat, Oman?
Muscat, sitting on the Gulf of Oman, is the capital city of Oman and one of the biggest metropolitan port cities in all of the Middle East. With its unique mixture of high mountains, desert and modern city settings, it is well visited and sought after destination. With a huge range of hotels to fit any budget, with a little research beforehand, one can find the perfect Muscat accommodation for themselves.
As with most of the rest of the Middle East, there is no dearth of luxury hotels in Muscat. The city offers beautiful 4 and 5 star hotel experiences and if money is not a concern, these are without a doubt the best places to stay in Muscat at about $300 a night.
However if a budget hotel is the idea, there are a great number of places to stay in the commercial district of the city. There are numerous guest houses and apartment hotels as well that one can get for around $50 a night while the really cheap hotels in Muscat can go down to even around $25 a night.
It should be noted that as with most other places Muscat hotels are really what you pay is what you get so if the cost is very low, expect to have a slightly grubby room.
There are literally a plethora of hotels to choose from. For a 5 star experience:
- The Crowne Plaza: Located in the city, this Hotel boasts beach front access, well appointed rooms and friendly staff. The Plaza is also the host for the city’s most popular club, Zouk.
- Shangri-La: The international hotel chain has its presence in Muscat as a 5 resort complex approximately 25km from the city on Barr Al Jissah. Also with beach front access and rooms, there are multiple resorts to choose from inside the resort complex, with different price ranges and amenities. The Piano Lounge is also located within this complex, a beautifully appointed and somewhat expensive locale where you can sip on a liquer and smoke a cigar while listening to some jazz on a beautiful grand piano.
- For a more mid-range budget experience, there are also several options.
- Hotel Golden Oasis:This hotel is located in Wadi Kabir, which literally means Big Valley. In a deep valley which is divided by the Sultan Qaboos Highway, this Hotel is a 3 star which is very popular among visiting tourists. It is well located to explore the entire city and has reasonable rates. Best give their internal restaurant Majan a skip.
- Crystal Suites: Also located in Wadi Kabir, this is slighty pricy but with beautifully appointed rooms and service. Close to the biggest vegetable market in the city, Crystal Suites is also ideally located to explore the Juma Souk or Friday Market. A collection of Bedouin traders who use street style stalls to sell their merchandise.
Hotels Near Attractions in Muscat
- Hotels Near Qurum Natural Park
- Hotels Near Mohammed Al Ameen Mosque
- Hotels Near Al Alam Palace
- Hotels Near The Sultans Armed Forces Museum
- Hotels Near Muscat City Centre
- Hotels Near Qantab Beach
- Hotels Near Oman Avenues Mall
- Hotels Near Amouage Perfumery
- Hotels Near Al Sifah Beach
- Hotels Near Yiti Beach
- Hotels Near Muscat Grand Mall
- Hotels Near Oman Oil And Gas Exhibition Centre
- Hotels Near Bait Al-baranda
- Hotels Near Oman Natural History Museum
- Hotels Near Fish Market
- Hotels Near Ghalya's Museum Of Modern Art