Hotels in Nagoya, Japan
Where to Stay in Nagoya, Japan?
PLACES TO STAY
- Kyoya Ryokan: Possibly the best cheap hotel in the entire city. Though near the Nagoya Station, the hotel is very peaceful. Visitors especially love the onsen and the garden. Can be a little hard to locate without Google Maps.
- Viainn Nagoya Shinkansenguchi: This is a typical business hotel, close to Nagoya Station. Not exactly luxurious, but very functional and clean.
- Super Hotel Nagoya-ekimae: You can’t miss the huge SUPER HOTEL sign. Excellent value for money. In a good neighbourhood. Healthy, tasty breakfast. Try to get a view over the rail tracks.
- Dormy Inn Premium Nagoya Sakae: Free hot spring public bath. The ramen is delicious. Very popular with couples. Ten minutes away from shopping strip.
- Hotel MyStays Nagoya Sakae: Get a room called the ‘corner queen unit if you’re travelling with a kid.’ There’s a terrific diner right across the street, and lots of simple restaurants besides. Rooms are small, which is normal for Japan.
- Richmond Hotel Nagoya Nayabashi: Functional in every way. Breakfast buffet is supposed to be lovely. Japanese style bath on third floor.
- Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel: Great views. Sensational breakfast. Close to Sakae underground station. Terrific lobby bar. Lots of great restaurants and stores nearby. Best place to stay.
- Hilton Nagoya: Try and get a room on a higher floor for the views. Train station is a 5 minute walk away. Spend some time in the Diamond lounge on the 26th floor.
- The Westin Nagoya Castle: The main attraction is right there in the name: the Nagoya Castle is the view right outside the window. Free shuttle to the station. Choose rooms higher up. Everything is beautifully decorated.
PLACES TO EAT
Nagoya is a big enough City that you'll find most international cuisines served if you look for them. However you should definitely try out the local delicacies. Sushi is a given. These include miso (fermented soybean and grain sauce), misokatsu (fried pork cutlet served with miso), shrimp tempura, uiro (multi-flavoured rice and sugar confectionery, and hitsumabushi (an eel and rice concoction that can be easily paired with other items). The best restaurants in town are:
- Aikyou: Famous for it its wild turtle hotpot and Aigo Nabe, which is a bouillabaisse of local meat and seafood.
- Garden Restaurant Tokugawaen: Upscale French and Japanese dining
- Horaiken: The best place in town to try the hitsumabushi. You get your dine in your own private tatami room.
- Vabel: A nightclub and dining bar with terrific Italian food and an even better wine selection. Reserve ahead of time.
- Sekai no Yamachan: Japanese style chicken wings
- Nanpu: Okinawan cuisine with some grilled food options with Okinawan beer.
- Yabaton: Best place in town to have Misokatsu
Hotels Near Attractions in Nagoya
- Hotels Near Nagoya City Science Museum
- Hotels Near Higashiyama Zoo And Botanical Gardens
- Hotels Near Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden
- Hotels Near Oasis 21
- Hotels Near Osu Kannon
- Hotels Near Tsuruma Park
- Hotels Near Hisaya Odori Park
- Hotels Near Midland Square
- Hotels Near Meijo Park
- Hotels Near Nagoya- Boston Museum Of Fine Arts
- Hotels Near The Yamazaki Mazak Museum Of Art
- Hotels Near Nittai-ji Temple
- Hotels Near Shirotori Garden
- Hotels Near Nagoya Shisei Shiryokan
- Hotels Near Togan-ji
- Hotels Near Shikemichi