Hotels in Paro, Bhutan
Where to Stay in Paro, Bhutan?
PLACES TO STAY
- Hotel SonamTrophel: The traditional wooden architecture& distinctive paintings set this hotel apart from the glass and concrete monotone of other hotelsin the area, that is, the heart of the city. There are 10 rooms including 2 luxury suites. The rooms are well-furnished with basic modern amenities including spacious attached baths with running hot/cold water, colour TV with satellite channels, direct dial STD/ISD, laundry. WiFi connectivity and car parking is also available.
- Hotel SamdenNorzin: Clean and decent-sized rooms with room service at reasonable price. Its single room is available at Nu 700 while double room is about Nu 1500.However, there is no internet facility. Hotel staff is nice and friendly.
- Hotel KK, nice rooms but extremely slow service in food. Rude staff.
- Hotel Jor-yangz, on the hill above the airport. Nice rooms with some of them having beautiful views of the Paro valley, efficient service.
- Hotel Holiday Inn, PO Box 707 (located near the end of airport complex). Tel: 975 8 272-101. A single story hotel convenient for airport and close to main town. Friendly and efficient service. Pleasant rooms.
- Uma by COMO Paro, PO Box 222, Paro. Tel:975 8 271597. A twenty-nine rooms and villas luxury hotel with full hotel facilities such as swimming pool, gym, etc. Their villas come with personal butler service.
- Aman Resort, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A very expensive and luxurious hotel. Starting rate for single: US$ 1000
- Zhiwa Ling: A luxury hotel, owned by Bhutanese investors, with 45 guest rooms accommodating 90 guests. The hotel has a meditation room that has a view of the Tiger's Nest as well as a full-service massage room.
- NakSel Hotel and Spa: A luxury hotel, owned by Rainbow Tours, with around 40 guest rooms. The hotel rooms have a view of the Tiger's Nest and Mt. Jomulhori. Contact: (+975 8) 272989.
Paros Palace is a boutique resort best known for unique view of Bay and Parikia- the islands capital.
PLACES TO EAT
Paro is a great place to enjoy some authentic Bhutanese cuisine as well as Indian fare. One of the best things to do in Paro is to explore its delectable food.
- Tshernyoen's Cafe, near the telecom office, behind Peljorling hotel, serves a good selection of ground coffees and cakes, as well as fruit juices.
- Zhiwa Ling Hotel – This hotel has a nice bar serving most top notch Western liquors and international beers. It also has a disco on the ground floor.
- Hotel Peljorling, next to clock tower. Tel: + 975 8 271-365. Excellent local and Indian cuisine at reasonable prices.
- Hotel First Floor, main bazaar. No-nonsense, straight-up Bhutanese dishes - large helpings at reasonable prices.
- Hotel Tandin, main town, Paro. Tel: 08-272016. Fresh dumplings (momos), Bhutanese dishes, noodle. Reasonable prices.
- SonamTrophel Restaurant, on the main street. Tel:+975 2 8287. A modestly-sized restaurant, it is one of the best in town. Call and book in advance so that you don’t miss out. Some recommended dishes which are not on the menu but can be ordered, and are most highly recommended, are ginger potato, pumpkin curry and marinated chicken momos.
- Tshernyoen's Cafe, situated by the river side, near the Bhutan Telecom office, offers a very impressive range of coffees (espresso, americano, cappuccino, latte, filter/brewed) along with bakes (carrot, peach, and chocolate cakes, banana bread, brownies, cookies etc.). If you order in advance, grilled sandwiches, pasta salad, are also available. Tel: 77252426. Equipped with wifi, you will also find for sale here local art pieces, handmade Bhutanese souvenirs, books, and postcards. Closed on Tuesdays.
Hotels Near Attractions in Paro
- Hotels Near Kichu Lakhang
- Hotels Near Jangtsa Dumtseg Lhakhang
- Hotels Near Tachog Lhakhang
- Hotels Near Gangtey Palace Hotel
- Hotels Near Le Meridien Paro, Riverfront
- Hotels Near Uma By Como Paro
- Hotels Near Jichu Drake
- Hotels Near Simkotra Tsho
- Hotels Near Phajoding Monastery
- Hotels Near Bhutanese Takin Preserve
- Hotels Near Jimilang Tsho
- Hotels Near Rinpung Dzongkhag
- Hotels Near Yanki Resort