Hotels in Phuentsholing, Bhutan
Where to Stay in Phuentsholing, Bhutan?
- Central Hotel: PO Box 248. Tel:+975 5 252-172, This relatively old hotel is located bang in the centre of town - popular with business executives.
- Single room without TV: 325Nu, single deluxe: 450Nu.
- Standard double room: 550Nu, Deluxe double room: 650Nu.
- Hotel Peljorling: PO Box 149. Tel: 9755252833 - Near Bhutan Gate. Single room:450Nu, Double room:550Nu.
- Hotel Bhutan: Goeden Lam. Tel:+975 5 252-576. - Modern and centrally located. Excellent value at 300Nu for a basic single, 450Nu for a double.
- Hotel Kuenga: PO Box 62. Tel: 975 5 252-293. One of the original hotels in town. Centrally located and offering basic facilities - hot water and TV. Prices stand at 300Nu for a single room, 450Nu for a double room.
- Hotel Bhutan Residence: Tel: +975 5 253688 & 253689. This is a relatively new hotel equipped with modern amenities, contemporary interiors and business facilities. It is located ten minutes from the Bhutan gate and the rooms are fully furnished with stylish modern fittings and air conditioning. Room Rate - 850Nu-2000Nu.
- Midpoint Hotel: Tel:+975-5-254903 - Mobile:17616379 - In Dhamidhara, some distance away from the constant activity and bustle of the town. Equipped with a swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar. Rooms range from 770Nu to 2000Nu.
- Hotel Druk: The town's largest and one of the main tourist hotels. With a lovely patio for sitting out, it is located very close to Bhutan Gate (on the right when entering the town from Jaigaon).
- Hotel Namgay: PO Box 99, Tharpai Lam. Tel:975 5 252-374. A pleasant, centrally located hotel with deluxe rooms at 2,000Nu & 2,500Nu and standard ones at 1,100Nu & 1,300Nu.
- Lhaki Hotel: PO Box 187, Tel: +975 5 257-111. A spacious tourist hotel located just above the down town area. 1,800Nu for a single room.
PLACES TO EAT
Phuentsholing has some very nice Indian restaurants. The border town chaat is something that visitors particularly enjoy as they swear it tastes like some oriental sauces are mixed with the Indian spices, making for an explosion of flavours. The momos and the Bhutanese fare is also much recommended.
The top restaurants include:
- Zen Restaurant: 97577101166. Chinese cuisine.
- Pastry Shop: 9755252246. This bakery, located in the Tashi Commercial Complex, offers a decent variety of cakes and pastries for those who have a sweet tooth.
- Hotel Galing: 9755252387. Across from Hotel Bhutan, Galing offers excellent Indian vegetarian cuisine at reasonable prices.