Hotels in Pretoria, South Africa
Where to Stay in Pretoria, South Africa?
PLACES TO STAY
- Stay out of CBD at night if you can – its blatantly unsafe. Do not check into any accommodation there if you can help it. Instead, have a look at the many bed and breakfasts and guesthouses around suburbia.
- Being the capital, the place offers quite a good range of accommodation across different price ranges. Backpacker options usually start from as low as R100 (1322 Backpackers, Pretoria Backpackers, Kia-Ora Lodge). Mid range is from R300 – R 1400 and the posh hotels are usually R1000 upwards.
PLACES TO EAT
Pretoria has a disproportionately large number of fine eateries considering its population. Considering its awesome mixed heritage though, its only natural that tourists expect a proportionate amount of variety in their cuisine. Check out the following fine dining spots:
- La Pentola: An Afro–Parisian bistro…that’s about as cool as things get.
- Pachas: The king of family oriented steakhouses.
- Greek Easy Ouzaria: A favourite with the Pretorian student population for it’s grilled lamb, dolmades, beef and pork.
- Cafe Riche: An art Noveau cafe for the deeply pocketed. Serves local favorites.
- Pride of India: Ties nicely into the Indian heritage of Pretoria.
Hotels Near Attractions in Pretoria
- Hotels Near Church Square
- Hotels Near Paul Kruger House
- Hotels Near Sammy Marks House
- Hotels Near Melrose House
- Hotels Near Ditsong National Museum Of Natural History
- Hotels Near Lynnwood Ridge
- Hotels Near Dinokeng Game Reserve
- Hotels Near Loftus Versfeld Stadium
- Hotels Near Voortrekker Monument
- Hotels Near Hatfield Christian Church
- Hotels Near Pretoria National Botanical Garden
- Hotels Near Struben Dam Bird Sanctuary
- Hotels Near Faerie Glen Municipal Nature Reserve
- Hotels Near Venning Park
- Hotels Near Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk - Wonderpark
- Hotels Near Duck & Dine