Hotels in Rottnest Island, Australia
Where to Stay in Rottnest Island, Australia?
PLACES TO STAY
The accommodation here isn’t your standard stuff. There are six types of accommodation establishments on the island:
- Ocean View Family Units: At Geordie Bay and Longreach Bay. TV, fully-equipped kitchen. Spacious. These are heritage cottages.
- Chalet: A two-bedroom timber house on North Thomson Bay. Fully equipped kitchen, BBQ area TV.
- Hotel Rottnest: Historic hotel with excellent food, service, location, bar, and people. Expensive. Close to the Visitor Centre.
- Rottnest Lodge: Six differently priced room types. Poolside bar. Good restaurant. Good for the mobility impaired.
- Campground: Close to The Basin Beach. 43 sites that can accommodate 2 tents or six people each. Cooking and BBQ facilities. Booking necessary.
- Rottnest Hostel: The best low budget option. 50 beds in multiple dormitories. Clean and equipped kitchen.
PLACES TO EAT
Though the hotels have their own restaurants, these other eateries are also worth checking out:
- The Lane Cafe: Standard but excellent coffees and cakes. Cheap but generously-sized burgers.
- Rottnest Bakery: The breads and pies are absolutely yummy. You must try the steak, kidney pies and the rolls. It’s a bit pricey.
- Geordie's Cafe and Art Gallery: Though expensive for a café, the setting and the yummy food are worth eating here at least once. There is a playground. Check out the gallery.
- Dome Cafe: The coffee here is decadently good. The service is sublime and friendly.
Hotels Near Attractions in Rottnest Island
- Hotels Near Wadjemup Lighthouse
- Hotels Near Bathurst Lighthouse
- Hotels Near Cathedral Rocks
- Hotels Near Pinky Beach
- Hotels Near Thomson Bay
- Hotels Near Henrietta Rocks
- Hotels Near Longreach Bay
- Hotels Near West End
- Hotels Near Cape Vlamingh Viewing Platform
- Hotels Near Oliver Hill
- Hotels Near Rottnest Island Bakery