Hotels in Sendai-shi, Japan
Where to Stay in Sendai-shi, Japan?
PLACES TO STAY
- Sendai ChitoseRyokan/Youth Hostel: Free wifi and cheap dorms make this place a hit with backpackers. The hosts are sweet people.
- Miyagi guest house: Run by a Swiss man, the hostel’s amenities are very basic and convenient for someone looking for a cheap over night stay.
- Hotel Monte Hermana Sendai: The best budget hotel for trade off between price and amenities. Convenient location close to the train station. Small rooms.
- Richmond Hotel Premier Sendai Ekimae: Most popular mid-range accomodation, especially among couples and businessmen. Centrally located. Helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Small rooms
- Richmond Hotel Sendai: Grand looking but decently priced, the hotel wins points for fine service, somewhat spacious rooms, good location and a good restaurant.
- Hotel Monterey Sendai: Old world European style building not too far from the JR station. Very hospitable staff. Many shopping opportunities nearby.
- The Westin Sendai: Everything you’d expect from a global hotel chain. Large room. Ask for a higher floor for a great view. Great bar. Tranquil setting.
- Sendai Royal Park Hotel: The Outlet Mall is a short walk away. It’s a little way off from the city centre, but the amenities nearby are top class. Everyone’s favourite thing seems to be the food.
PLACES TO EAT
The city’s distinctive culinary traditions come in the form of small treats such as delicious oysters from the Sendai Bay from March to October; thinly grilled beef tongue known as gyutan; and mashed fish meat loaf called Sasa-kamaboko. Jizake is the local brand of sake. The best restaurants in the city are:
- Hokushinzushi: Terrific sushi, quickly served.
- RikyuIchibancho Yanagimachi: The place to try the local beef tongue.
- Hoshiyamakohi: Charming Japanese style cafe.
- Seafood Bistro Yamarai Ichibancho: French and Japanese seafood and wine bar.
- Restaurant Symphony: Delicately prepped French treats.
- Rigoletto Tapas Lounge: Best Italian and Spanish fare in the city.
Hotels Near Attractions in Sendai-shi
- Hotels Near Akiu Great Falls
- Hotels Near Sendai City Museum
- Hotels Near Sendai Umino-mori Aquarium
- Hotels Near Yagiyama Zoological Park
- Hotels Near Aobayama Park
- Hotels Near Tsutsujigaoka Park
- Hotels Near Sendai Asaichi
- Hotels Near Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port
- Hotels Near The Miyagi Museum Of Art
- Hotels Near Rinnoji Temple
- Hotels Near Kotodai Park
- Hotels Near Rairaikyo Gorge
- Hotels Near Gokurakuzan Saihoji Temple
- Hotels Near Aer
- Hotels Near Dainohara Forest Park
- Hotels Near Sendai Science Museum