Hotels in Shanghai, China
Where to Stay in Shanghai, China?
Shanghai has literally thousands of hotels, and offers options ranging from the majestic to the modest for the budget traveller.
- Gran Melia Hotel Shanghai– (1288 Lujiazui Ring Road, +86 2 3867 8888) With great views of the skyline of the city as well as the rivers flowing past this hotel is a great luxury break. It's also within 5 minutes walk of some of the more popular sights.
- Puli Hotel and Spa– (1 Chang De Road +86 21 3203 9999) A new concept an urban spa, trying to create the peace of a luxury spa inside the bustle of Shanghai
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton– (1736 Nanjing Xi Lu, +86 21 6279 8888) The ultimate in old school luxury, fantastic views, and extraordinary service.
- JIA Shanghai- (931 West Nanjing Road, +86 21 6217 9000) Within easy walk of the People's Square and the Bund, it's a little odd inside with a strange mix of Asian contemporary themes.
- URBN Hotel– (183 Jiaozhou Lu, + 86 21 5153 4600) Young, hip and carbon neutral and in the French concession area of the city, the perfect hotel for the eco-conscious traveller.
- Shanghai Koala Garden House– (240 Duolun Lu, +86 21 5671 1038) Small rooms, but cosy interior and a long standing backpacker favourite.
- Captain Hostel– (37 Fuzhou Lu, +86 21 6323 5053) A little expensive but worth it for the view from the roof, and the short walk to the Bund.
- Bai Jia Qian Wei– (818 Mall, 5thFloor, 818 Nanjing Xiu Lu) For the best in Anhui Chinese cuisine, ignore the slightly ugly interior and enjoy. There's a picture menu to make ordering easy.
- Sunxing– (1088 Yanan Xi Lu) A lively mix of cuisine from around China to be found here and as a bonus there's a 30 minute Chinese Opera presentation every evening while you eat.
- Din Tai Fung– (1376 Nanjing Road West) Enjoy traditional Shanghainese dumplings in a place that Ken Hom says is the best in the world.
- Xibo– (3rdFloor, 83 Changshu Lu) Try some authentic Mongolian food, particularly if you enjoy your lamb.
- Xindalu– (Hyatt Hotel, The Bund) If you fancy splashing out the cash, then you'll be amazed at the Beijing Duck to be had in Shanghai's swankiest Chinese restaurant.
Hotels Near Attractions in Shanghai
- Hotels Near Shanghai World Financial Center
- Hotels Near Shanghai Museum
- Hotels Near Jade Buddha Temple
- Hotels Near Jin Mao Tower
- Hotels Near Science And Technology Museum
- Hotels Near Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
- Hotels Near Huangpu River Cruise
- Hotels Near Shanghai Glass Museum
- Hotels Near Qibao Ancient Town
- Hotels Near Mao Zedongs Former Residence
- Hotels Near Shanghai Ocean Aquarium
- Hotels Near Peace Hotel
- Hotels Near Jingan Temple
- Hotels Near Longhua Pagoda
- Hotels Near Longhua Temple
- Hotels Near St Ignatius Cathedral