Hotels in Vellore, India
Where to Stay in Vellore, India?
PLACES TO STAY
Vellore is relatively a small city. A few hotels that you will find in the city have a very homely touch and warm staff members.
- Hotel Palm Tree: Officers Line (Next to Corporation Office), No.10, Thennamaram Street, Kosapet Vellore – 632001, Tamil Nadu, India; Room charges: INR 600 per night onwards.
- Hotel Mount Paradise: No.37 New Bye-pass Road, (Next Collector office) Vellore – 632009, Tamil Nadu, India; Room Charges: INR 770 per night onwards.
- Baby Residency: No. 7, Officers Line, Near By Lakshmi Theatre Vellore- 632001, Tamil Nadu, India; Room charges: INR 1759 per night onwards.
- Sri Annamalaiyar Residency: No.27, New Katpadi Road Vellore – 632004, Tamil Nadu, India; Room charges: INR 1874 per night onwards.
- SMS Grand Inn: No. A1, Phase-2, Near Collector Office Road,Sathuvachari Vellore – 632009, Tamil Nadu, India; Room Charges: INR 1919 per night onwards.
- Darling Residency: #11/8, Officers Line, Anna Salai, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, 0416 221 3001; Room charges: INR 1515 per night onwards.
- Sri Srinivasar Residency: No.32/1, New Bye Pass, Vellore, 632004; Room charges: INR 1534 per night onwards.
- GRT Regency Sameera: High standards are surprisingly maintained by the hotel in such a small place. It is a wonderful place to call home for a few days. Address: GRT RegenySameera, No. 145, Green Circle, New By Pass Road, Vellore, 632004. Room Charges: INR 2700 per night onwards.
- Poppys Anukula Residency: This hotel located centrally offers all luxurious amenities with an in house restaurant. Address: Opp. to New Bus stand, Near Katpadi Road, Vellore. Room charges: INR 2200 per night onwards.
- Hotel River View: This hotel is well known for the mind blowing breakfast that they serve. Address: Opp. New Bus Stand, New Katpadi Road, Vellore, 632004. Room charges: INR 2200 per night onwards.
- MGM Hi-Way Resort: This hotel-resort is an elegantly laid out place placed between lavish gardens and provides an array of facilities. Address: Sipcot, Ranipet ,Vellore, 632403. Room charges: INR 2200 per night onwards.
PLACES TO EAT
Full of legumes, rice and lentils, Tamil cuisine is famous for its vegetarian as well as non vegetarian cuisine. Distinct flavours hit you in every dish with different spices bursting on your tongue. Your Vellore itinerary should not leave food tourism out.
Lots of milk products, rich amounts of coconut and sour chutneys used in the cooking gives Tamil cuisine an aroma unlike any other cuisine.
Virundhu Sapaddu, the traditional Tamil feast is a meal that everyone should attend at least once in their life.
Influencing food habits all over the world, it will be a memorable food journey to experience authentic south Indian food in the heart of Vellore. Don’t forget to try the Biryani in Vellore!
Famous eateries in Vellore are:
- Hundreds Heritage: Known for its biryani and Jeera tomato rice, this is one of the best places to visit in the city – a must include in your Vellore trip planner.
- Hotel Saravan Bhavan: Spread all over the world, this south Indian food chain keeps its quality intact in Vellore. Expensive compared to other eateries but worth it.
- Quality and Taste Restaurant: It is a great place to dine with family and friends or to have a business meeting. Try the Chicken Biryani at this restaurant.
- FLO Café: The best place to try some pasta or Pizza if you are tired of Indian food! It has a wonderful ambience to hang out with friends.
- China Town: Chinese food, especially Indo-chinese is every Indian’s guilty pleasure. China town is only place in Vellore that offers an authentic Chinese experience.
- Vellore Fried Chicken: Who doesn’t like some spiced up fried chicken? The best place for some chicken in various mouth watering forms in Vellore is definitely VFC!