Hotels in Volendam, Netherlands
Where to Stay in Volendam, Netherlands?
PLACES TO STAY
If you're not staying over at one of the couple dozen vacation rentals the hotels below a decent place to stay in Volendam.
- Marinapark Volendam: Close to the main marina, these resort houses have a nice view and a central location.
- Hotel Old Dutch: Very romantic location makes this hotel a hit with couples. Basic and functional rooms for a decent price.
- Hotel Spaander: The hotel has nice rooms but its main selling point is the Dutch art that hangs from everywhere. Very hipster.
- Hotel Restaurant van den Hogen: The rooms are basic and functional but there's a nice view of the harbour and the restaurant is great!
- Van der Valk Hotel Volendam: Free Wifi. Indoor pool, a gym and a sauna; and a playground for kids too.
- Hotel-Café-Restaurant De Fortuna: Friendly rooms in a 17th century building. Complimentary breakfast. Free Wi-Fi. Overlooks the canal.
PLACES TO EAT
The local specialty is smoked eel and other seafood. Try everything you can.
- Paviljoen Smit Bokkum: Upscale Dutch and European cuisine. Terrific smoked fish.
- De Lunch: Cozy restaurant with a friendly vibe and home-like atmosphere.
- Restaurant van den Hogen: It's hard to come across good vegetarian food, but this place delivers! Non-vegetarians should try the steamed mussels.
- Lotjeaan de haven: Order large shared meat and cheese plates accompanied by wine.
- H.C.R. De Vrijheid: Delicious seafood, served in many tiny portions.
- De Dijk: The view of the water from the restaurant is just as fulfilling as the food.
- Brasserie Cathrien: Central European cuisine. Fast service.