Park PointCurrently Open
- Address: Park Point, Colorado 81328, USA, Mesa Verde National Park, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: National Park, View Point, Family And Kids
The Park point is the highest point on the main park road and offers the best view of the entire Mesa Verde National park. A few exhibits at the viewing platform explain the geology of the place along with its fascinating history. A picture on the exhibit is marked with famous spots around the park while another exhibit explains the use of the point.
This place was originally used as a lookout point to keep an eye out for any forest fires. The place has a history of 7-0 years and originally had a small room where people who monitor the park would live, eat and sleep. Today, a viewing platform stands here with fixed binoculars. The point has an elevation of 8545 feet above the mean sea level and is perfect to see the entire park in a small amount of time. The trails that meander around, distant mountains with snow-covered peaks and the way the colour of the terrain and sky changes over the day, make it a beautiful place to photograph.
Park Point Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Park Point
The Point has no admission fee.
Admission Fee to the park for private vehicles (valid for 7 days):
- January 2 - April 30, 2018; November 1 - December 31, 2018 Fee: $ 15.00
- May 1 - October 31, 2018 Fee: $ 20.00
Admission Fee to the park for Motorcycle (valid for 7 days):
- January 2 - April 30, 2018; November 1 - December 31, 2018 Fee: $ 10.00
- May 1 - October 31, 2018 Fee: $ 15.00
Admission Fee to the park for every Bicyclist and Individual (valid for 7 days):
- January 2 - April 30, 2018; November 1 - December 31, 2018 Fee: $ 7.00 per person
- May 1 - October 31, 2018 Fee: $ 10.00 per person
Mesa Verde Annual Pass: USD 40
Admission fee to the park for Non-Commercial Group (based on vehicle capacity) January 2 - April 30, 2018; November 1 - December 31, 2018: valid for 7 days
- Less than 16 people: USD 15 per vehicle
- 16-25 people: USD 7 per person (cannot exceed over USD 100)
- 26 or more people: USD 7 per person (not to exceed USD 200)
Admission Fee to the park for Non-Commercial Group (based on vehicle capacity): May 1 – October 31, 2018: valid for 7 days
- Less than 16 people: USD 20 per vehicle
- 16-25 people: USD 10 per person (cannot exceed over USD 100)
- 26 or more people: USD 10 per person (not to exceed USD 200)
Park Point Hours
- Park is open daily 24 hours a day.
How to Reach Park Point
- By renting a Bicycle. (the park accepts an application for bike rentals)
- By renting a Car.
- You need to hike/ walk around the place to reach various spots around the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mesa Verde National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mesa Verde National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Park Point Reviews & Ratings
Gorgeous lookout point. A neat drive to get up to the top, and a great photography opportunity at the top.
Stop at the way in to understand the lay of the land or stop on your way out to rearrange the place that you visited on a map and get an appreciation of the vastness and beauty of the place.
Cool view and lots of landscape here... Wow!
Great viewpoint. When I visited in 2009, there was a fire lookout on top. 20180922 - this visit, I decided not to drive to the top.
I like this spot so much