Pench National Park Tourism, India
Visit Pench National Park - Best of Pench National Park
India’s famous rich wildlife, accommodates most of itself right here at the Pench National Park. From tigers, leopards, jackals and us humans, all form a habitat amidst verdant forests spanning over an enthralling amount of expanse measuring a whopping 758 square kilometres. Not surprisingly, this is where Rudyard Kipling based Mowgli's adventures, and his battle with the furious Sher Khan, on this very place. Just like the tale, you will come in close contact with wildlife here.
The national park derives its name after being separated into two equal parts by the river Pench, in the Satpura mountain ranges. The two parts - Indira Priyadarshini and the Mowgli Pench Sanctuary are rich and wealthy in terms of being a tiger reserve with a glorious history.
What you witness here is an outstanding mosaic of vegetation ranging from moist, sheltered valleys to open, dry deciduous forest. The undulating topography is home to over 1200 species of plants as well asover 285 resident and migratory birds. The park promises, especially are noteworthy.
If you are a wilderness enthusiast or a wildlife photographer, you are certain to have a great time here.
Pench National Park Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Pench National Park tips for your visit
- Pench National Park Time Zone: IST (Indian Standard Time) GMT+5:30
- Currency: Currency used in Pench National Park is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded / earthed 3 Pin connections (Type D) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet: 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Pench National Park is Hindi.
- Security: Police:Police 100, 231455, Fire 101, Ambulance 233614
- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Refrain from getting overfriendly with strangers. Do not get too personal with people like taxi drivers, auto drivers, tourist guides, etc.
- Keep all your cash and valuables under lock and key in your hotel room.
- Do not exceed the max speed limit within the core’s park of 20 km per hour.
- Maintain silence and discipline as disturbed wildlife such as tigers, bears orbison may attack your vehicle, if unduly startled.
- Carry your binocular and camera with you, as there are no facilities at the park.
- Cooperate with the advice and instructions given by your naturalist, guide & mahout.
- Do not honk.
- Do not loiter around the park, except where permitted.
- Do not use flash while capturing wildlife’s pictures.
Are you looking for a Pench National Park travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Pench National Park- Know before you go to Pench National Park
Pench National Park Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Pench National Park
- Kanha Tourism
- Nagpur Tourism
- Jabalpur Tourism
- Pachmarhi Tourism
- Amarkantak Tourism
- Bandhavgarh National Park Tourism
- Sagar Tourism
- Sanchi Tourism
- Bhopal Tourism