This lavish thermal spa is one of the best in the world… and it’s still amazingly affordable. Its water contains Sodium (Na), Chloride (Cl) and hydrogen carbonate (HCO3). It’s services include:
- The Indoor Thermal World – the terrace pool, the sparkling pool, the water-grotto, the whirlpool and the ravine.
- The Outdoor Thermal World – the sun pool, the rocky grotto, and the sun terrace.
- The Sauna World – the Auffgus sauna, the Herbs sauna, the colored lights sauna, the fireplace, the lake sauna, the earth sauna, the winter garden, the tepidarium, the ottoman bath, the hamam, the odorium and the foot basin.
- The Carolus Spa – massages, facials, hands and feet treatments (best booked in advance).
- The Bella Vista – a light food eatery.
- The Lemon Grass Bar.
- The Mediterraneo Restaurant and the adjacent beer garden.
Bachelorettes parties get special prices here.
- Parking for EUR 3 in the garage.
- Under 6 not allowed.
- 6-16 must be accompanied by adult.
- Mostly handicapped friendly.
- Extensive pricing details can be found on attraction website.
- Last admission at 9:30pm.
- Walk, drive or take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Bust Line 4 stop Kármán Auditorium.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Aachen include Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.03% of people start their Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
92.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
We came to Aachen and walked to see the spot where Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands meet. After walking there and back this spa was exactly what we needed. It is beautiful and relaxing and so well organised. There are plenty of hot pools to go into. It's lively but not too full (when we were there). It is not allowed to take pictures which gives a nice sense of privacy. The price for the hot pools is very reasonable. If you want to go to the sauna (please note that it's a naked only sauna) you have to pay more. Towels are available to rent for an extra charge.
A really good experience to take a chill pill and relax a bit. Clean place, lots of options, sometimes a bit too crowded. The Saunawelt and other services upstairs were too expensive. Not a lot of food, warm drinks and cocktails option at the cafeteria. You can rent towels there, so no worries if you forgot yours:) Oh also, the atmosphere there is best suited for couples. Not that one cannot enjoy the chill alone, but just so that you know:).
Amazing thermal baths, we visited when a summer offer was on, so you could stay in all day for 12 euros, although the usual prices seemed to be good value anyway. The onsite parking was very convenient. A good choice of different temperature pools were available, all filled with mineral rich spring water, plus a steam room and meditation room. Staff were constantly keeping everything clean, and the reception staff were helpful and welcoming.
It's a lovely, clean and modern place where you can get a very nice rest. I loved it there. 9 swimming pools with a lot of different activities: a real waterfall massage, a stream ( very interesting), bobble baths, warm and cold swimming pools, places to rest and places to get all kinds of water massages + a quiet good cafe and a restoraunt. If you go there - take a book with you, your rest will be more relaxing. Prices are quite cheap and thermes are free if it's your birthday. We also took our own towels from home, but you can rent a towel there for 2 euros. My husband an I are going to visit this place again soon.
Very nice, calm, relaxing and clean environment with lots of choices. Staff polite. Good choice for a adults and children of 6 and more.