This lavish thermal spa is one of the best in the world… and it’s still amazingly affordable. Its water contains Sodium (Na), Chloride (Cl) and hydrogen carbonate (HCO3). It’s services include:
- The Indoor Thermal World – the terrace pool, the sparkling pool, the water-grotto, the whirlpool and the ravine.
- The Outdoor Thermal World – the sun pool, the rocky grotto, and the sun terrace.
- The Sauna World – the Auffgus sauna, the Herbs sauna, the colored lights sauna, the fireplace, the lake sauna, the earth sauna, the winter garden, the tepidarium, the ottoman bath, the hamam, the odorium and the foot basin.
- The Carolus Spa – massages, facials, hands and feet treatments (best booked in advance).
- The Bella Vista – a light food eatery.
- The Lemon Grass Bar.
- The Mediterraneo Restaurant and the adjacent beer garden.
Bachelorettes parties get special prices here.
- Parking for EUR 3 in the garage.
- Under 6 not allowed.
- 6-16 must be accompanied by adult.
- Mostly handicapped friendly.
- Extensive pricing details can be found on attraction website.
- Last admission at 9:30pm.
- Walk, drive or take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Bust Line 4 stop Kármán Auditorium.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Aachen include Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.03% of people start their Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
92.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
Excellent family experience. Clean, friendly staff, lots of storage space for valuables and clothing. One big indoor pool, 2 outdoors and another couple of smaller indoor pools and a sauna. Although packed with people during holiday season, it was comfortable enough to change in changing rooms and enjoy the pools. Mostly young crowd in couples or groups, some families and many elderly too. Overall great experience, totally worth the cost highly recommended.
Such an amazing place to relax. I have been there 2 days in a row, first day only for the aquatic center and next day for the wellness/spa. The spa infusion sessions are super great.
Nice sauna section. The bath zone doesn't worth the try and it s very loud mood. Maybe I Will try another time. Price is a bit too expansive compared to other spa resorts in the euregion.
Very relaxing place. Love it. Definitely will come here again next time.
A really good experience to take a chill pill and relax a bit. Clean place, lots of options, sometimes a bit too crowded. The Saunawelt and other services upstairs were too expensive. Not a lot of food, warm drinks and cocktails option at the cafeteria. You can rent towels there, so no worries if you forgot yours:) Oh also, the atmosphere there is best suited for couples. Not that one cannot enjoy the chill alone, but just so that you know:).