Couven-museum980 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hühnermarkt 17, 52062 Aachen, Germany, 52062
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2414324421
- Fax: +49-024137075
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Exhibition , Specialty Museums, Social, Arts, Museums
This museum recreates what a lavish lifestyle may have looked like in Aachen in the 18th and 19th centuries. The building architecture is a mix of Baroque and Rococo style. It’s pretty, but the main attraction here is the rich interior decorations. Check out the kitchen, the china, the furniture, the musical instruments, the paintings, the Tile Room and the Landscape room and so on.The idea isn’t to have a single exhibit, but to faithfully recreate the living quarters of the rich.
Trivia: The building is named after the architect Couven, who restyled the building in the 18th century.
Couven-museum Travel Tips
- There is parking nearby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Couven-museum
- Ask to see if you qualify for a reduced ticket price of EUR 3. Bring ID. Groups of 7 can avail this.
- You can buy a combination ticket for the Ludwig Forum for International Art, the Suermondt-Ludwig-Museum and the Couven-Museum for EUR 10. Check attraction website.
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- First Saturday of the month: 1 pm-6 pm.
How to Reach Couven-museum
- Walk, drive or take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Bus Line 4 stop Kármán Auditorium
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.04% of people who visit Aachen include Couven-museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.61% of people start their Couven-museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Couven-museum
59.55% of people prefer walking in order to reach Couven-museum