Elisenbrunnen1082 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Friedrich Wilhelm Platz, 52062 Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
- Timings: 09:30 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Performance, Spa, Family And Kids, Fountain
Aachen is famous for its thermal spas. This 266 feet long neo-classical building in 1827 – an open pillared hall, and two pavilions – in the centre of which are two drinking fountains that spout thermal water. Rich in minerals, the sulphurous water can be smelt far before you enter the beautiful building. Some truly famous people have drunk from here, and you can see their names in the marble panels: Peter the Great, Frederick the Great, Giacomo Casanova and George Frideric Handel. On Sundays between April and September, Latin dance performance are held here. There is a small park behind the building.
Elisenbrunnen Travel Tips
- Check out the restaurant behind the building.
How to Reach Elisenbrunnen
- Drive, walk or take a taxi to here.
- Ask the locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.84% of people who visit Aachen include Elisenbrunnen in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
33.65% of people start their Elisenbrunnen visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Elisenbrunnen
64.97% of people prefer walking in order to reach Elisenbrunnen