How to Reach Aachen - The Easiest Way to Reach Aachen
HOW TO GET TO AACHEN
- By Air: Maastricht-Aachen airport, located about 40kms away is the closest airport to the city, operating a few flights from limited number of destinations. You can reach the city from the Airport with the help of a Shuttle service. Düsseldorf and Cologne-Bonn airports are served by long distance flights, and are accessible to Aachen through Trains. If not, you can reach Aachen through the small airports at Liege (45 min drive) and Antwerpen (90 min drive) in Belgium and Eindhoven in Netherlands (1 hr drive time)
- By Train: Thalys and ICE-Trains run frequently up to Paris, Liege, Brussels and other destinations in France and Belgium. There are also trains from Heerlen in Netherlands, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt in Germany.
- By Bus: A bus runs from Maastricht in Netherlands to Aachen through Margraten and Vaals. There are also buses available from Heerlen.
- By Car: Route A76 connects Aachen to the Autobahn A4. You can easily drive from various destinations using this highway.
HOW TO GET AROUND AACHEN
- By Foot: The beauty of the town can be best explored by walking around.
- By Bus: ASEAG operates efficient local bus system throughout the day, and some at the night too. Tickets will be available with the bus drivers.
- By Bike: Bikes are available for rentals at Fahrrad station near the main train station.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be hired both from the train station or the streets of Aachen. They will safely get you to the destination from wherever you want.
Are you looking for a Aachen travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Aachen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Aachen. The most preferred mode of transport in Aachen is Car.
Average distance: 7.3 km Average time: 21.4 min
Car 36.36%Driving 18.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 10.75 kms 19 min
Walking 27.27%Walking 13.33 min Bike 3.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 1.67 kms 20 min
Bike 27.27%Bike 26 min Overall average time for 8.33 kms 26 min
How to Reach Aachen from Nearby Cities
|Würselen to Aachen||7.38 km||7 mins|
|Vaals to Aachen||8.07 km||8 mins|
|Kerkrade to Aachen||10.08 km||10 mins|
|Herzogenrath to Aachen||10.21 km||10 mins|
|Heerlen to Aachen||17 km||17 mins|
|Baesweiler to Aachen||17.63 km||17 mins|
|Palemig to Aachen||17.97 km||17 mins|
|Geilenkirchen to Aachen||21.31 km||21 mins|
|Margraten to Aachen||29.63 km||29 mins|
|Sittard to Aachen||33.15 km||33 mins|
- How to reach Dusseldorf
- How to reach Bonn
- How to reach Essen
- How to reach Koblenz
- How to reach Trier
- How to reach Wiesbaden
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Kaiserslautern
- How to reach Frankfurt
- How to reach Munich
- How to reach Hamburg
- How to reach Leipzig
- How to reach Potsdam
- How to reach Berlin
- How to reach Weimar