How to Reach Aachen
HOW TO GET TO AACHEN
- By Air: Maastricht-Aachen airport, located about 40kms away is the closest airport to the city, operating a few flights from limited number of destinations. You can reach the city from the Airport with the help of a Shuttle service. Düsseldorf and Cologne-Bonn airports are served by long distance flights, and are accessible to Aachen through Trains. If not, you can reach Aachen through the small airports at Liege (45 min drive) and Antwerpen (90 min drive) in Belgium and Eindhoven in Netherlands (1 hr drive time)
- By Train: Thalys and ICE-Trains run frequently up to Paris, Liege, Brussels and other destinations in France and Belgium. There are also trains from Heerlen in Netherlands, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt in Germany.
- By Bus: A bus runs from Maastricht in Netherlands to Aachen through Margraten and Vaals. There are also buses available from Heerlen.
- By Car: Route A76 connects Aachen to the Autobahn A4. You can easily drive from various destinations using this highway.
HOW TO GET AROUND AACHEN
- By Foot: The beauty of the town can be best explored by walking around.
- By Bus: ASEAG operates efficient local bus system throughout the day, and some at the night too. Tickets will be available with the bus drivers.
- By Bike: Bikes are available for rentals at Fahrrad station near the main train station.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be hired both from the train station or the streets of Aachen. They will safely get you to the destination from wherever you want.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Aachen. The most preferred mode of transport in Aachen is Bike.
Average distance: 7.23 km Average time: 23.23 min
Bike 28.57%Bike 25.75 min Overall average time for 8.25 kms 25.75 min
Walking 21.43%Walking 13.33 min Bike 3.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 1.67 kms 20 min
Car 28.57%Driving 18.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 10.75 kms 19 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 24 min Waiting 6 min Walking 1.5 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 31.5 min