How to Reach Aachen
The Easiest Way to Reach Aachen
HOW TO GET TO AACHEN
- By Air: Maastricht-Aachen airport, located about 40kms away is the closest airport to the city, operating a few flights from limited number of destinations. You can reach the city from the Airport with the help of a Shuttle service. Düsseldorf and Cologne-Bonn airports are served by long distance flights, and are accessible to Aachen through Trains. If not, you can reach Aachen through the small airports at Liege (45 min drive) and Antwerpen (90 min drive) in Belgium and Eindhoven in Netherlands (1 hr drive time)
- By Train: Thalys and ICE-Trains run frequently up to Paris, Liege, Brussels and other destinations in France and Belgium. There are also trains from Heerlen in Netherlands, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt in Germany.
- By Bus: A bus runs from Maastricht in Netherlands to Aachen through Margraten and Vaals. There are also buses available from Heerlen.
- By Car: Route A76 connects Aachen to the Autobahn A4. You can easily drive from various destinations using this highway.
HOW TO GET AROUND AACHEN
- By Foot: The beauty of the town can be best explored by walking around.
- By Bus: ASEAG operates efficient local bus system throughout the day, and some at the night too. Tickets will be available with the bus drivers.
- By Bike: Bikes are available for rentals at Fahrrad station near the main train station.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be hired both from the train station or the streets of Aachen. They will safely get you to the destination from wherever you want.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Aachen and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Aachen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Aachen. The most preferred mode of transport in Aachen is Car.
Average distance: 7 km Average time: 20.13 min
Car 44.44%Driving 18.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 10.75 kms 19 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 25 min Overall average time for 8 kms 25 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 13.33 min Bike 3.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 1.67 kms 20 min
- How to reach Cities Near Aachen
- How to reach Klingenberg Am Main
- How to reach Münchhausen Am Christenberg
- How to reach Lohra
- How to reach Betteldorf
- How to reach Bosenbach
- How to reach Hungen
- How to reach Blaubach
- How to reach Hirten
- How to reach Fernwald
- How to reach Ölbronn-dürrn
- How to reach Dätzingen
- How to reach Flughafen
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Los Polvorines
- How to reach Franklin Park
- How to reach Lindon
- How to reach Taringa
- How to reach Greenwell Springs
- How to reach Ribeirão Preto
- How to reach Perano
- How to reach Barnsley District
- How to reach Zaandijk
- How to reach Loughborough Road