Rathaus Aachen, Aachen
About Rathaus Aachen, Aachen
Rathaus Aachen, Aachen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Markt, 52062 Aachen, Germany.
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This wonderful stately palace was built to serve as both a centre for civic administration, and as a celebration hall for the German empire’s grandest festivals. Its renown was such that it became a model for many other Flemish halls. Destroyed by fire and also by bombing during WWII multiple times, it has always been reconstructed even more gloriously than before. Highlights are:
- The museum exhibition that explains the art and history of the building.
- The Granusturm tower, that may not be entered, but can be viewed from the outside.
- The tower spires.
- The beautiful vaulted ceilings.
- The many paintings.
Check out the curious fountain statue, Puppenbrunnen, on the path between the Town Hall and the Cathedral.
Rathaus Aachen Information
- Take the English Audio Guide.
- If you want the English guided tour (highly recommended), book in advance with the Aachen Tourist Service. EUR 70.
- Fully disabled accessible including toilets.
- Food and drink, smoking and pets not allowed.
Rathaus Aachen Ticket Prices
- EUR 3 for students and minors.
- EUR 2 for the audio-guide.
How To reach Rathaus Aachen by Public Transport
- Bust Line 4 stop Kárman Auditorium.
- Walk, drive or take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rathaus Aachen, Aachen Reviews - Write a Review
Be sure to visit the permanent exhibition inside this building. Shows a lot of original medieval pieces and the history of this great German city.
An amazing place to be at during the September festival in Aachen ...Open air concerts with beers what more do you want ;)... The structure is beautiful and looks great during night ...
Visited this place in 2010 and it was a good experience checking the city starting with this grandiose city hall of Aachen. Guided tours are available for some areas. Just check the information
nice night view and good bar around it
Not so big, but nice to see.
- Nearby Attractions
- Aachener Brauhaus
- Tierpark Aachen Euregio
- Sternwarte Aachen
- Statue De Charlemagne
- Burg Frankenberg
- Aachen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Aachen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Aachen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Aachen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Aachen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Aachen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Aachen