RathausCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Markt, 52062 Aachen, Germany., 52062
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2414327310
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Landmarks, Community And Government, City Halls
This wonderful stately palace was built to serve as both a centre for civic administration, and as a celebration hall for the German empire’s grandest festivals. Its renown was such that it became a model for many other Flemish halls. Destroyed by fire and also by bombing during WWII multiple times, it has always been reconstructed even more gloriously than before. Highlights are:
- The museum exhibition that explains the art and history of the building.
- The Granusturm tower, that may not be entered, but can be viewed from the outside.
- The tower spires.
- The beautiful vaulted ceilings.
- The many paintings.
Check out the curious fountain statue, Puppenbrunnen, on the path between the Town Hall and the Cathedral.
- Take the English Audio Guide.
- If you want the English guided tour (highly recommended), book in advance with the Aachen Tourist Service. EUR 70.
- Fully disabled accessible including toilets.
- Food and drink, smoking and pets not allowed.
- EUR 3 for students and minors.
- EUR 2 for the audio-guide.
- Bust Line 4 stop Kárman Auditorium.
- Walk, drive or take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aachen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aachen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Aachen include Rathaus in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
41.56% of people start their Rathaus visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rathaus
75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rathaus
A very impressive building.
Really nice building definitely worth a visit! Provides you with small glimpses of the cities history and some of the roles and how it relates to the city hall. Not just a building of civic function but a true centre to the town both historically and culturally.
Wonderful city hall/palace! 😍
Very old, Very beautiful. Must see if you are a tourist.
Beautiful area and very nice for walking