Are you looking for what to do in Aachen?
PLACES TO SEE
- Aachen Cathedral: The Imperial Roman Catholic Church is the most important tourist attraction of the city. Originally built in the Carolingian style modelled after the San Vitale Basilica in Italy, the Cathedral saw many structural and architectural changes over the years. After the death of Charlemagne, his ruins were buried in this church. While visiting the cathedral, avail the service of a tour guide to know the interesting history the Church and its liturgical treasury withholds.
- Rathaus: Another one among the places to visit in Aachen is their old city hall which located between the Markt and Katschhof. It houses the coronation hall and the hall of emperors, where the replicas of German Imperial Jewels are exhibited.
- St. Michael's Church: A Jesuit Collegium church built in 1628. The renaissance style construction with a grand façade, now serves as a Greek Orthodox Church.
- Suermondt-Ludwig Museum: The major museum of Aachen which is home to one of the finest sculpture collections in Germany.
- Jewish Synagogue: A Baroque style construction destroyed during the Night of Broken Glass in 1938, repaired and reopened in 1995.
- The tourist information centre will help you with your queries about visiting Aachen. They can also set you up with tours and travel guides.
Below we have a list of things to do in Aachen and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Aachen getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Aachen with confidence.