Aalborghus Castle370 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Slotspladsen 1, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
- Timings: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Castle, Historical Site, Architecture , Fort
Built by King Christian the 3rd during the period of 1539 to 1555, the structure was initially constructed to be used as a fortress. However, it did not prove to be fruitful, so the deemed fortress was turned into an administrative office. The local government body still uses the buildingsas an office. Public access to the buildings is denied, however, one has access to the courtyard and the area around it where the original fortification can be seen. You can visit the casemate and the dungeons in the summer time.
Aalborghus Castle Hours
- Courtyard and Grounds: Open all year round, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Dungeon: From 1 May - 31 October, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Underground Passages: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 9:00 pm.
How to Reach Aalborghus Castle
- Nytorv (Osteraagade / Aalborg) bus stop.
- Nytorv v. Salling (Aalborg) bus stop.
- Sticks and Wok
- Burger King
- Brasserie Mundgott cafe
- John Bull Pub
- Nadias Sandwich
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aalborg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aalborg and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.52% of people who visit Aalborg include Aalborghus Castle in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.56% of people start their Aalborghus Castle visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Aalborghus Castle
90.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aalborghus Castle