Kasteel Van PoekeCurrently Open
- Address: Kasteel van Poeke, 9880 Aalter, Belgium
- Timings: 12:01 am - 12:00 am Details
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Kasteel Van Poeke or the Poeke Castle encompassing around 140 acres in East Flanders stands at a height of 15 metres. The castle is surrounded by water and you can access it by the dangling bridges that connect the front and rear sections of the castle. Starting from the wrought iron main gate, the Kasteel Van Poeke will stun you with the significant architectural features namely the rosy facades, 2 flanking towers, vintage windows and the triangular pediment. The French and English Garden around the castle as well as the kennel, stables, coach house, caretaker’s office are some of the surrounding attractions. The history of the castle dates back to the 12th century.
How to Reach Kasteel Van Poeke
- Buses 15, 185 to stop : Poeke Beekstraat
- Buses 15, 185 to stop : Poeke Dorp