Talk about the largest provincial theatre in the town and the Aarhus Theatre would top the list. But this was not the theatre the past generations of Aarhus had visited. Prior to the 19th century, the theatres were very small and weren’t that well functioning. It was only later when the city became a major economic hub that the expansion of Aarhus theatre, then known as Svedekassen, was felt and done. Apart from its history, the architecture of the building is also very intriguing, putting great emphasis on the natural components. Today, it is home to many budding artists and well frequented by art enthusiasts who wish to further their knowledge about the city’s art scene. Historians and people with a knack for culture are also common visitors here. You can come here for great insights on Aarhus’ cultural nuances.
- Try to arrive early for better seating.
- You can also contact on +45 89332300
- Prices differ for different show. Contact the authorities for more info.
- Tickets can be purchased online all summer.
- Ticket distribution starts one hour prior the performances.
- Various discounts are available. Check the website for more details.
- Ticket office is closed in summers. (From June 24 to August 6)
- Ticket Sales: Monday to Friday- 12:00 pm to 04:00 pm
- Recommended time to visit between: 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm
- Bus Station- Skolebakken St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aarhus before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aarhus and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.49% of people who visit Aarhus include Aarhus Theatre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
24.75% of people start their Aarhus Theatre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Aarhus Theatre
52.48% of people prefer walking in order to reach Aarhus Theatre
Beautiful theater from 1900 both outside and inside with 4 stages. Aarhus Main theatre with both classical and new plays - primary in Danish language.
Beautiful theater, everything is so well maintained & "cute". We'll be back..!!
A fantastic place for a professional and surprising experience!
Great atmosphere, front line star destroyer parking, perfect 5/7!