Castle Fraser, AberdeenCurrently Closed
- Address: Castle Fraser, Inverurie, AB51 7LD, Aberdeenshire, UK , United Kingdom
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +448444-932164
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Natural History Museum
About Castle Fraser, Aberdeen
This stunning castle is located around 25 kilometers away from the city. Till date it is considered as the lavish castle of Scottish baronial tower houses. It was built in 1575 by Michael Fraser, the 6th laired. The unique feature of the castle is its ‘z-pattern’. Within the castle, you can see decorated Great Hall, family portraits, centuries old furniture, curtains and many such important belongings of the Fraser family.
The garden area laid in front of the castle, adds up to its beauty. After visiting the castle, take a stroll in the garden to see beautiful shrubs and flowers plants.
Castle Fraser Information
- Designated picnic area available.
- Parking space are there.
Castle Fraser Ticket Prices
- Family: £24.50
- 1 Parent Family: £18
- Concession: £7.50
- NTS Member Free
Castle Fraser Opening and Closing Hours
Castle, shop and Tearoom
- 1st April- 30th June: Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- 1st July- 31st August: Open daily 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- 1st Sep- 31st Oct: Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- Garden and Ground: All year open.
How To reach Castle Fraser by Public Transport
- Stagecoach Bluebird bus numbers 210, 215, 216 and 217 all stop at Dunecht, 4 miles from Castle Fraser.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aberdeen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aberdeen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Castle Fraser
95% of people who visit Aberdeen include Castle Fraser in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60.37% of people plan their visit to Castle Fraser between 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Castle Fraser
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castle Fraser
Castle Fraser , Aberdeen Reviews
Fantastic place for family day out or just a walk with dog. Grounds are very well kept and clean.
Lovely castle, lovely grounds for kids and a couple of nice walks. Hard working event staff too
One of my favourite local places to visit with the family. Lovely garden and grounds for a nice walk. Even the cafe serves up good food.
Lovely place to go for a walk, unforunalty on the day we chose to go the house itself was closed so we were unable to go inside. Both trails take around 30-40 minutes to walk at a reasonable pace.
Closed out of season but still great to appreciate the castle and enjoy the decent walks within the grounds