Castle Fraser , Aberdeen
About Castle Fraser , Aberdeen
Castle Fraser , Aberdeen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Castle Fraser, Inverurie, AB51 7LD, Aberdeenshire, UK
Ticket Price: 11 GBP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Natural History Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This stunning castle is located around 25 kilometers away from the city. Till date it is considered as the lavish castle of Scottish baronial tower houses. It was built in 1575 by Michael Fraser, the 6th laired. The unique feature of the castle is its ‘z-pattern’. Within the castle, you can see decorated Great Hall, family portraits, centuries old furniture, curtains and many such important belongings of the Fraser family.
The garden area laid in front of the castle, adds up to its beauty. After visiting the castle, take a stroll in the garden to see beautiful shrubs and flowers plants.
Castle Fraser Information
- Designated picnic area available.
- Parking space are there.
Castle Fraser Ticket Prices
- Family: £24.50
- 1 Parent Family: £18
- Concession: £7.50
- NTS Member Free
Castle Fraser Opening and Closing Hours
Castle, shop and Tearoom
- 1st April- 30th June: Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- 1st July- 31st August: Open daily 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- 1st Sep- 31st Oct: Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 5pm with last entry to castle and last orders in tearoom at 4.15pm.
- Garden and Ground: All year open.
How To reach Castle Fraser by Public Transport
- Stagecoach Bluebird bus numbers 210, 215, 216 and 217 all stop at Dunecht, 4 miles from Castle Fraser.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aberdeen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aberdeen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Castle Fraser , Aberdeen Reviews - Write a Review
Great Castle and tea rooms. The guide was brilliant. We were not aware of the Halloween activities they were running, but it looked truly amazing.
Brilliant place to visit. The walks are peaceful and non too stressful. The castle is wonderfully restored inside with helpful guides. Taking the castle tour at your pace is a bonus. Plenty of activity things going on for the young ones. Highly recommend a day out here.
We really enjoyed our visit here. Tour is very good. Volunteers and staff were all helpful and many were very knowledgeable. Was impressed by the bilingual staff ready to welcome visitors and guide them in their native tongue :)
Gorgeous castle & gardens!!! This is one to see! You can take photo's INSIDE!!!! Lots of original documents, personal items, weapons, art, and furnishings!!! The gardens were beautiful. Not to be missed!
Good castle to visit can look around yourself but there are guide's in the rooms if you want ask questions if not a member of national trust there is a small charge for car park as well.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hilton Aberdeen Treetops
- The Macallan Estate
- Britannia Aberdeen Hotel
- Aberdeen Altens Hotel
- The Macallan Distillery Ltd
- Claymore Paintball
- Aberdeen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Aberdeen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Aberdeen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Aberdeen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Aberdeen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Aberdeen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Aberdeen