About Duthie Park , Aberdeen
This beautiful park, covering 44 acres was donated by Miss Duthie in 1880 and that’s how the park got it’s name. However, the park was opened for public visit in 1883. Take a tour into the park and you can see many architectural artefacts like fountains, ponds, statues and a bandstand. The entire park is divided into different climatic regions, like, Tropical, Arid, Japanese and Mediterranean region. The best part of this park is that it has a separate picnic area where you can enjoy a nice picnic with your kids. You can even go for boating in the ponds. The ride will take you to the cricket area of the lawns. There is a separate play area designated only for kids, right beside the car park. This play area has some beautiful playhouses that look exactly like a fairytale.
The biggest attraction of the park is David Welch Winter Gardens, located within the park. It is said to be one of the biggest indoor gardens of Europe and third most visited garden of Scotland.
Duthie Park Information
- The park is easily accessible for disabled people.
- Toilets are there, even for disabled people.
- Parking spaces are there.
- Cafes and shops are located nearby.
- Pets are allowed within the park.
- Separate picnic areas are there.
- Entry is free.
Duthie Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The park closes before 1 hour before the dark.
How To Get To Duthie Park by Public Transport
- First Bus – 17/17A/18, get off at Duthie Park (Great Southern Road Stop)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aberdeen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aberdeen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: DuthiePark ,Polmuir Road, Aberdeen, AB11 7TH, Aberdeen City, UK
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, View Point, Play Ground, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Boating, Fountain, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Duthie Park , Aberdeen
- Nearby Attractions
- Castle Fraser
- Aberdeen Beach And Queens Links
- Drum Castle, Garden & Estate
- Duff House
- Hazlehead Park
- Hazlehead Pet Corner
- Linn O'Dee
- Johnston Gardens
- Haddo House
- Pitmedden Garden & Museum Of Farming Life
- Hotels Near Duthie Park
- Hotels Near Duthie Park
- 5 Star Hotels Near Duthie Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Duthie Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Duthie Park
- Budget Hotels Near Duthie Park
- Cheap Hotels Near Duthie Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Duthie Park
- Aberdeen Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Aberdeen
- 2 Days in Aberdeen
- 3 Days in Aberdeen
- 4 Days in Aberdeen
- 5 Days in Aberdeen
- 6 Days in Aberdeen
- 7 Days in Aberdeen