Duthie ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: DuthiePark ,Polmuir Road, Aberdeen, AB11 7TH, Aberdeen City, UK, United Kingdom
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1224683325
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, View Point, Play Ground, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Boating, Fountain, Picnic Spot
Duthie Park - Review
This beautiful park, covering 44 acres was donated by Miss Duthie in 1880 and that’s how the park got it’s name. However, the park was opened for public visit in 1883. Take a tour into the park and you can see many architectural artefacts like fountains, ponds, statues and a bandstand. The entire park is divided into different climatic regions, like, Tropical, Arid, Japanese and Mediterranean region. The best part of this park is that it has a separate picnic area where you can enjoy a nice picnic with your kids. You can even go for boating in the ponds. The ride will take you to the cricket area of the lawns. There is a separate play area designated only for kids, right beside the car park. This play area has some beautiful playhouses that look exactly like a fairytale.
The biggest attraction of the park is David Welch Winter Gardens, located within the park. It is said to be one of the biggest indoor gardens of Europe and third most visited garden of Scotland.
Duthie Park Information
- The park is easily accessible for disabled people.
- Toilets are there, even for disabled people.
- Parking spaces are there.
- Cafes and shops are located nearby.
- Pets are allowed within the park.
- Separate picnic areas are there.
- Entry is free.
Duthie Park Hours
- The park closes before 1 hour before the dark.
How To reach Duthie Park by Public Transport
- First Bus – 17/17A/18, get off at Duthie Park (Great Southern Road Stop)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aberdeen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aberdeen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Duthie Park
92.93% of people who visit Aberdeen include Duthie Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.41% of people start their Duthie Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Duthie Park
87.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Duthie Park