The Gordon Highlanders Museum696 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: St Luke's | Viewfield Road, Aberdeen AB15 7XH, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1224311200
- Ticket Price: 7 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums
This museum is referred as a 5-star Visit Scotland attraction, located at the posh west-end of Aberdeen. Housed in the former residence of famous Scottish artist named Sir George Reid, the museum displays the historical story of the “Finest Regiment of the World” which is around 200 years old. The museum itself has achieved multiple awards as the best venue of Scotland where host of events like conference, weddings are still being conducted. It is a great place for a day-out with families and friends. Till date, the museum is an independent self-financed body, governed by charitable trust.
The entire museum is divided into three sections:
- The main exhibition: Displays the rich history of the Regiment from the Napoleonic War.
- The Armoury: Displaying weapons belonging to late 18th century.
- The Silver Room: Displays regimental silver which played a vital role in the British Military.
The Gordon Highlanders Museum Travel Tips
- For tour guides and group visits, call their information center.
- The museum is accessible for disabled individuals.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Gordon Highlanders Museum
- Children (14 and under) - £3.50
- Family (2 adults +3 children or 1 adult + 2 or 3 children) -£14
- Senior citizen & students (ID required) - £5
The Gordon Highlanders Museum Hours
The museum is open from 3rd February to 12th December, 2015.
- 3rd February to 28th November, 2015: Tuesday to Saturday – 10am -4:30pm, Monday & Sunday – closed.
- Open of 4 Mondays in 2015 – 13th April, 4th May, 13th July, 28th September.
- From 1st December – 12th December, 2015: Tuesday to Saturday – 10:30am – 2:30pm.
How to Reach The Gordon Highlanders Museum
- Buses 11 or X17 from Union St, Aberdeen, get off at Queen’s Road
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aberdeen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aberdeen and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.16% of people who visit Aberdeen include The Gordon Highlanders Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.88% of people start their The Gordon Highlanders Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Gordon Highlanders Museum
93.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Gordon Highlanders Museum
The Gordon Highlanders Museum Reviews & Ratings
The Gordon highlander museum was fantastic. Douglas our guide made it a very special experience. Talking to other volunteers was great to. Thank you Darren x Wilma. It gives a very good explanation of the 200 year history. Wonderful
I have no words to describe the place. Just get your family there! Touching part of history that few people only know!
Well worth the visit. Make sure you get a guide to explain the stories behind the displays. Great tea room too.
Guides are brilliant History is brilliant Heritage is full of wonder 200 years of soldiering throughout a dwindling empire. If there is a problem let The Gordon's sort it out. Do not miss the Officer's Mess!
Excellent visit. The staff are so friendly and very professional. We learnt lots. An excellent day out would highly recommend. Jim was brilliant. Thank you x