Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide
About Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide
Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Frome Rd, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Ticket Price: 32 AUD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.6K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Adelaide Zoo was founded in 1883 and is the second oldest zoo in Australia. It is home to over 1800 animals from over 300 species. The zoo is set among 20 acres of natural green space. The highlight of the zoo is the Giant Panda Exhibit, which, opened in 2009, and houses two adorable Giant Pandas, Wang Wang and Funi. There are several other exhibits with animals from Australia and around the world including rare and endangered species. The Westpac Envirodome, an interactive visitor centre has all kinds of interesting and informative displays including a gravity defying vertical garden, several insects, reptiles and rare aquatic animals. The Children’s Zoo is a great place to interact with over a hundred animals. You can get really close and even pet animals like kangaroos, wallabies, cows, deer, rabbits and many more. A fun place to visit, the Adelaide Zoo is ideal for animal lovers and families with children.
Adelaide Zoo Information
- Vending Machines are provided throughout the Zoo for drinks, ice-creams and other light refreshments.
- The Zoo provides ramps and railings for disability access.
- Lockers are available for hire to store items.
- Pushers in the shape of brightly coloured cars are available on hire for small children.
- Guide Dogs may enter the front gate and are given a suitable area with shelter and water while their owner visits the Zoo.
- Guide Dogs are not allowed through the Zoo, as it is a quarantine zone.
Adelaide Zoo Ticket Prices
- Child - $18.00 AUD
How To reach Adelaide Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Stop 2 Frome Road.
Restaurants Near Adelaide Zoo
- Wisteria Restaurant
- Fig Tree Cafe
- The Store
- The Lion Hotel
- Aroma Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide Reviews - Write a Review
A beautiful zoo with great spaces for animals and visitors alike. Amazing play space for children when watching the animals or listening to the informative keeper talks gets too much! The zoo enclosures are well spaced and some of them you can wander through with the animals.. Wead a lovely visit and look forward to returning in the future.
Great zoo. Lots of animals to see. Lots of extras available also. Cafe is good - better if you get members discount. The playground is amazing. We spend hours here.
Awesome day today. Seeing the excitement on her face and big smile. The Zoo gets so much better each time I visit. Well done Adelaide Zoo. Thank you for a great day.
What a day out with the kids! You won't be disappointed if you like primates..! If you have big family it is probably a good idea to bring a packed lunch - there is a café but it gets very busy. There is a wonderful picnic area in the middle!
It was good we loved the animals the only thing was there are to many birds the exotic ones are good but all the other are just normal and to many. But the rest was good will go again.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Kangaroo Island
- Mount Gambier
- Botanic Garden Restaurant
- Sugar Club
- Chelsea Apartments Adelaide
- 1/13 Montpelier St
- 154 Greenhill Rd
- Gouger St
- Adelaide Hills
- Adelaide Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Adelaide
- What to See in 48 Hours in Adelaide
- What to See in 72 Hours in Adelaide
- How to Spend 5 Days in Adelaide
- How to Spend 6 Days in Adelaide
- How to Spend 7 Days in Adelaide