Art Gallery Of South Australia1162 Votes Currently Open
- Address: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882077000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
The Art Gallery of South Australia was founded in 1881. It is currently home to over 35,000 works of art making it one of the largest collections in Australia. Located at North Terrace, the gallery is easily accessible and lies close to several other tourist attractions. The collection includes several forms of art from all over Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas with dedicated galleries for works from South East Asia India and Japan. Here you will find paintings, prints, photographs, furniture, ceramics, jewellery, sculptures and lots more from present times and dating back to colonial times and the Renaissance period. A must visit attraction is Adelaide for art aficionados and those interesting in learning more about the evolution of culture and history through art.
The gallery also displays a number of visiting exhibits every year. There is a gift shop and restaurant on the premises.
Home to one of the largest and diverse art collections in South Australia, this Art Gallery charts among the most frequented tourist destinations in the country. You do not need Art Gallery of South Australia Tickets to visit the place. Though, there are no Art Gallery of South Australia Ticket Costs for the visits, Art Gallery of South Australia Ticket Prices are need to be paid for certain exhibitions. You can get more info about the Tickets for Art Gallery of South Australia by visiting the website. Ensure to Buy Tickets for Art Gallery of South Australia Exhibition beforehand to avoid unnecessary hassles.
Art Gallery Of South Australia Travel Tips
- The Art Gallery allows still photography for personal use only, using hand-held cameras in non-restricted areas.
- The use of flash or video cameras is prohibited.
- Wheelchair and pram access is available to all areas of the Art Gallery.
- One can download the free gallery app for self-guided tours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Art Gallery Of South Australia
- General admission is free but charges apply for some exhibitions.
Art Gallery Of South Australia Hours
- Free guided tours - 11 am and 2 pm daily.
- Lunchtime talks - 12.30pm daily.
- Art Gallery Food and Wine is open every day from 8 am to 4.30 pm.
- The Gallery Shop is open from 10am to 4.45 pm every day.
How to Reach Art Gallery Of South Australia
- Bus Stop: Stop G3 North Terrace –North Side
- Art Gallery Food and Wine
- David Jones Cafe
- Marcellina Pizza Bar & Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.32% of people who visit Adelaide include Art Gallery Of South Australia in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.44% of people start their Art Gallery Of South Australia visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Art Gallery Of South Australia
79.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Art Gallery Of South Australia