Ayers House Museum506 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 288 North Terrace, Adelaide 5000 SA, Australia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882231234
- Ticket Price: 10 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Exhibition
A relic of the colonial era, Ayers House transports visitors to bygone days of Adelaide’s history. The former home of Sir Henry Ayers, five times Premier of South Australia, it is grand mansion with three levels of antiques and art. The 19th century colonial style architecture and interiors with painted high ceilings, chandeliers, handcrafted furniture, silver and several pieces of art is a top tourist attraction in Adelaide. Explore the house from top to bottom starting at the State Dining Room and make your way down to the cellars and the underground Summer Sitting Room or head up to the Bedroom Wing on the first level. There are also two exhibits dedicated to the life of Sir Henry Ayers and displays his personal effects.
Ayers House Museum Travel Tips
- Paid Parking is available on-site.
- Some areas may be closed to public in case of private events or functions taking place at the house.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ayers House Museum
- Concession- $8.00 AUD.
- Child 13 - 16 Yrs $5.00 AUD.
- Child 12 and Under Free.
Ayers House Museum Hours
- Public Holiday Timings: 1 pm to 4 pm.
- Closed: Good Friday.
How to Reach Ayers House Museum
- Bus Stop: Stop R2 North Terrace - South Side
- Cafe Piatto
- Exeter Hotel
- Scoozi Cafe Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ayers House Museum Address: 288 North Terrace, Adelaide 5000 SA, Australia
- Ayers House Museum Contact Number: +61-882231234
- Ayers House Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Ayers House Museum Price: 10 AUD
- Best time to visit Ayers House Museum(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ayers House Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.53% of people who visit Adelaide include Ayers House Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.38% of people start their Ayers House Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ayers House Museum
94.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ayers House Museum
People normally club together National Wine Centre Of Australia and Rundle Mall while planning their visit to Ayers House Museum.