Central MarketCurrently Closed
- Address: 44-60 Gouger St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Flea Market, Market, Family And Kids
This 140-year-old market is one of the best markets in Australia. Selling a plethora of goods from fresh produce to flowers, this market is as popular with locals as it is with tourists. A buzzing atmosphere, vibrant colours and a lot of hustle and bustle are what characterize this market. You can buy cheeses, freshly baked breads, hard to find ingredients, sweets, nuts, meats, fruits and vegetables and lots more. The numerous food-stalls and cafes dish out mouth-watering cuisine from all over and send your taste buds on a trip around the world. One can also visit the surrounding Central Market Arcade, Adelaide Chinatown & Market Plaza.
Central Market Travel Tips
- The best time to visit the market is on Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- The vendors do not provide shopping bags so make sure to carry your own.
- Most vendors accept only cash payment.
- There are several ATMs nearby if you need to withdraw money.
- The market is a safe area and one needn’t worry about pickpockets or theft.
- It is a clean well-maintained area so do not litter.
How to Reach Central Market
- Bus: Stop W1 Grote Street South Side
- Tram: Victoria Square Tram Stop
- Charlie Shack
- Park Lok
- Nu Thai
- British India
- Sushi Train
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.64% of people who visit Adelaide include Central Market in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40.7% of people start their Central Market visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Central Market
92.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Market
Central Market Reviews & Ratings
love it! I was thinking about doing the same thing
Fresh food people
Très bon marcher nous avons apprécier la charcuterie française les 2 coqs vraiment très bon je recommande vivement